collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: The Sociopath Next Door  (Read 355 times)

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
The Sociopath Next Door
« on: October 07, 2018, 02:08:26 pm »
I saw this interview excerpt linked to on a Christian site, but it does not appear to be a Christian book. The author is Martha Stout, author of The Sociopath Next Door, and the interview capsulizes her advice for recognizing and dealing with a sociopath:

How do you spot a sociopath?
A sociopath has no conscience, no ability to feel shame, guilt or remorse. Since 1 in 25 ordinary Americans is a sociopath, you almost certainly know one or more than one already. How can you recognize him or her?

Full interview at BookBrowse.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!

Donal2018

• Journeyman
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Universalist
Re: The Sociopath Next Door
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:18:57 am »
I saw this interview excerpt linked to on a Christian site, but it does not appear to be a Christian book. The author is Martha Stout, author of The Sociopath Next Door, and the interview capsulizes her advice for recognizing and dealing with a sociopath:

Full interview at BookBrowse.

Yeah, I read this book a while back. Fascinating stuff. I kind of got alerted to someone who used to be in my life who fit the profile of a narcissist with sociopathic tendencies. Fortunately, they are no longer in my life.

Anyway, you start to see how common a type this is once you get alerted to it. It explains a lot of some people's behaviors. I have also heard of another book similar to this called "Snakes In Suits" about sociopathic types in the working world. I have not read that book, but heard it recommended. I might read it at some point, or reread Martha Stout's book again.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:22:20 am by Donal2018 »