Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Family: Life Insurance, My Horror  (Read 1791 times)

FollowerofOdin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Life Insurance, My Horror
« on: May 13, 2013, 11:10:11 pm »
Hay guys, another horror of living with your mother, life insurance. I know that getting ready for the end, oh gods the Grim Reaper is going to visit our house, this has to be the most depressing visit ever. Last month my mother agreed to have life insurance so that I wouldn't go through the horror that I went through when grandmother died. Well the man showed up and got my mother to sign up for 5 star, which is a  life insurance company for vets, that pays half when I call in, telling them that my mother is dead, and the other half when they get the death certificate.

What adds to the horror, I'm the beneficiary. Yeah the same group the cops investigate. Um, do I look like I wanted to kill my mother? Morons, go after the real killers and not a grieving daughter.

25,000 dollars will be paid to me when she goes, crying. I mean, does this man suffer anything mental to him talking about all this death and money. Money is great, money will pay for what needs to be done, but seriously, does this man not have any mental problems talking about the end. Another day in the life of my horror family.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:38:36 pm by RandallS »

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Life Insurance, My Horror
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:16:50 am »
Quote from: FollowerofOdin;108570
Hay guys, another horror of living with your mother, life insurance.What adds to the horror, I'm the beneficiary. Yeah the same group the cops investigate. Um, do I look like I wanted to kill my mother? Morons, go after the real killers and not a grieving daughter.

I'm sorry that this is upsetting you, but I'm not sure I understand. You're upset that your mom wants to make sure you're not burdened by the bills when she passes?

The odds that your mom would die in such a way that the police would be investigating you for her murder just because you're her insurance beneficiary seem incredibly small, and unless they have reason to suspect anything, they will focus on whatever real killer there may be.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Snowdrop

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 12:36:40 am »
Hay guys, another horror of living with your mother, life insurance. I know that getting ready for the end, oh gods the Grim Reaper is going to visit our house, this has to be the most depressing visit ever. Last month my mother agreed to have life insurance so that I wouldn't go through the horror that I went through when grandmother died. Well the man showed up and got my mother to sign up for 5 star, which is a  life insurance company for vets, that pays half when I call in, telling them that my mother is dead, and the other half when they get the death certificate.

What adds to the horror, I'm the beneficiary. Yeah the same group the cops investigate. Um, do I look like I wanted to kill my mother? Morons, go after the real killers and not a grieving daughter.

Echoing Jack's confusion.  Is your mother ill?  Or is the life insurance just reminding you that she will die someday?  

Why do you think her death would look like a murder?  

I can tell you're very upset about this, but I'm not sure what the core of the issue is.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:29:38 am »
Another day in the life of my horror family.

OK, I third the confusion.

What horrors?
The horrors of adult responsible behaviour?
Like planning ahead, realizing one doesn't live forever? Making sure things are done, like last wills and stuff?

Where is the horror?

And your last paragraph is totally illogical.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:31:01 am by Tana »
\'You had to repay, good or bad. There was more than one type of obligation.
That’s what people never really understood.….Things had to balance.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.
All you could try to be was a witch, as hard as you could.\'
Terry Pratchett \'Lords and Ladies\'

Confuzzled and proud. :p

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 04:35:30 am »

25,000 dollars will be paid to me when she goes, crying. I mean, does this man suffer anything mental to him talking about all this death and money. Money is great, money will pay for what needs to be done, but seriously, does this man not have any mental problems talking about the end. Another day in the life of my horror family.

You didn't just add a word, or corrected a typo, but you added the whole last paragraph.
After three answers were already posted. That's not according to the rules.

And this paragraph also makes no sense.
It's work. Do you think undertakers are suffering mental condition because they deal with death?

Death is part of life.
It seems you have a serious problem with accepting that there are things that need to be done and to considered.
You couldn’t set out to be a good witch or a bad witch. It never worked out for long.

Tana

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 07:53:17 am »
Quote from: Tana;108588
You didn't just add a word, or corrected a typo, but you added the whole last paragraph.
After three answers were already posted. That's not according to the rules.

OK, forget this... there was some kinda bug. Sorry.

Tags: