collapse

Author Topic: What do you do when you don't have privacy/space/time...  (Read 8021 times)

Firaza

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do when you don't have privacy/space/time...
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 04:31:36 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;82629
It's not dumb, I just have no idea what I would do. My main deity is Anubis, I should ask what He might consider good work. I only have a little craft experience, but it's a good idea, I'll look into that as well. Thank you :3

When I asked Anpu for work, He got me guiding others. Basically, I was on tumblr and would provide input if people asked questions (whether asking me directly or if I stumbled on it in the paganism tag). If someone had a misconception about something, I kindly pointed them at research or readings that explained otherwise.

He might not ask the same thing from you, of course, but He seemed pretty pleased with that kind of thing.

Gilbride

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 05:33:45 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;50663
...But you really want to do ritual/worship or offerings? I could use some suggestions.

I wear a Brighid's cross on a string of 19 prayer beads. When I'm busy watching my kids and I get a few minutes where they're both quiet, I just sit and do 19 prayer repetitions on the beads. If something happens to interrupt me, no big deal.

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »
Quote from: Firaza;82803
When I asked Anpu for work, He got me guiding others. Basically, I was on tumblr and would provide input if people asked questions (whether asking me directly or if I stumbled on it in the paganism tag). If someone had a misconception about something, I kindly pointed them at research or readings that explained otherwise.

He might not ask the same thing from you, of course, but He seemed pretty pleased with that kind of thing.

I've been meaning to ask you, I read your blog and was wondering what music you used for your meditation? I saw it was Egyptian and was curious about it :3 also, grats on having a good first meeting with Wepwawet! He came by to say hi earlier in the week lol
Finding the Secret Places This is my new blog

Firaza

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 11:30:09 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;82911
I've been meaning to ask you, I read your blog and was wondering what music you used for your meditation? I saw it was Egyptian and was curious about it :3 also, grats on having a good first meeting with Wepwawet! He came by to say hi earlier in the week lol

I use Meditation Music of Ancient Egypt by Gerald Jay Markoe, which you can buy on Amazon. I also think you should be able to listen to them on YouTube, but I could be wrong, since it's been a while.

And thanks! I'm so used to not interacting with deities other than Anpu that I'm still getting used to the notion.

Aine Rayne

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 09:37:30 am »
Quote from: Firaza;82939
I use Meditation Music of Ancient Egypt by Gerald Jay Markoe, which you can buy on Amazon. I also think you should be able to listen to them on YouTube, but I could be wrong, since it's been a while.

And thanks! I'm so used to not interacting with deities other than Anpu that I'm still getting used to the notion.

Yeah, Wepwawet was initially one of the Netjer I invited into my life when I started. He stuck around for a while, but then decided He'd be off, though He does come by to say hi lol I still don't know why, but it's whatever, He's very pleasant to have around. He is quite different than Anpu though, much louder and liable to chitchat, he's just as full of humor too
Finding the Secret Places This is my new blog

ccardinot

• Sr. Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;82967
Yeah, Wepwawet was initially one of the Netjer I invited into my life when I started. He stuck around for a while, but then decided He'd be off, though He does come by to say hi lol I still don't know why, but it's whatever, He's very pleasant to have around. He is quite different than Anpu though, much louder and liable to chitchat, he's just as full of humor too

Well, we share the very same problem. I have chosen to not perform rituals, and not keep tools around, as my path permits such choice. If I was the ritualistic type of pagan, which seems to be your case, I could keep a minimalistic mobile altar, which consists of a shoebox that keeps all my needed tools and BoS, when needed, open the box, if not needed, close the box and keep it safe from prying glances.

But, I'm not the ritualistic type and being questioned about by curious people is not something I like, so, I found another way to make sure no one would mess up with my stuff: I use only meditation, visualizantion  and prayer,  so i can have a great ritual, with every possible detail, as long as i wish it to be only using my mind and concentrated power. But that's just me, what doesn't mean you have to do the same.

C.Cardinot.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 03:33:53 pm by SunflowerP »

FollowerofOdin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 03:53:31 am »
Quote from: Aine Rayne;50663
...But you really want to do ritual/worship or offerings? I could use some suggestions.

When we moved into the house, six months ago, I found, to my delight, a piece of furniture that I turned into a altar. It wasn't to the Norse gods because I wasn't learning about them or practicing Heathenism. I took that as sign that I had found the right place. Now to your situation. I'm glad that your finally going to have a space of your own back until you move.

When you move then you'll have more space to have a altar. My mother is very much against paganism of any kind but she knows that she can't tell me what to do because I'm an adult. I now have a dresser that I got when the next door slobs move out, leaving a mess for the Landlord to clean up. And he's a nice man. I was even able to get one for my mother, so now she has a place to put her clothes and their not on the floor.

On offerings. Since I'm still trying to figure out what Odin wants I'm sticking with water, juice, tea, and milk. I leave offerings of food to Odin and I'm adding offerings to Thor next. I'm slowly adding gods and goddess from the Norse Pantheon to my daily practice. It just feels right to me and, guess what, I"m past the three week enchantment phase. Yay!

Tags: