45 (16.5%)
es, Outside my shirt
61 (22.3%)
o
33 (12.1%)
 wear a different symbol
134 (49.1%)

Total Members Voted: 229

Author Topic: Wearing your Pentacle in public?  (Read 40867 times)

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Wearing your Pentacle in public?
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2016, 08:49:22 pm »
Quote from: Cyrianne;192938
I picked I wear a different symbol because well I wear a different symbol. Always visible.
What do you wear?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Cyrianne

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2016, 06:21:27 am »
Quote from: Jack;192940
What do you wear?

Well there's the shrunken heads of my enemies. I wear it alongside the Protestant cross. I find such makes a rather beautiful combination.

I also wear a necklace with a few symbols that represent luck, wisdom / wisdom in justice, longevity or protection, and prosperity that has been in the family for six generations. It was made by a female relative for her brother & has been handed down through the generations to the first born. It protected my granduncle during WWII as a pilot, allowing him to land what was just a smouldering pile of junk really instead of he & his crew crashing into the ocean or on land. The interesting thing is, is his son didn't possess it when he crashed his plane decades later.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:22:30 am by Cyrianne »

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2016, 09:36:05 am »
Quote from: Cyrianne;192958
Well there's the shrunken heads of my enemies. I wear it alongside the Protestant cross. I find such makes a rather beautiful combination.

I also wear a necklace with a few symbols that represent luck, wisdom / wisdom in justice, longevity or protection, and prosperity that has been in the family for six generations. It was made by a female relative for her brother & has been handed down through the generations to the first born. It protected my granduncle during WWII as a pilot, allowing him to land what was just a smouldering pile of junk really instead of he & his crew crashing into the ocean or on land. The interesting thing is, is his son didn't possess it when he crashed his plane decades later.
Oh, that's a neat thing to have. Do you know anything about how it was made? Like, are there any specific blessings or magic associated with it?

"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Cyrianne

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2016, 12:00:09 pm »
Quote from: Jack;192975
Oh, that's a neat thing to have. Do you know anything about how it was made? Like, are there any specific blessings or magic associated with it?

Yes, however, before I say anything on the off chance of getting things wrong I'd rather converse with my grandmother & aunt about it. My granduncle was grandma's twin & my aunt is extremely well versed in the family history seeing as she is the familial historian if you would. She likely has something, such as a journal, I maybe able to reference as well.

A double check if you would.

I am seeing my grandmother for her 99th birthday in France the 2nd week of July. So it's not like one has to wait months.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2016, 01:44:25 pm »
Quote from: Cyrianne;192985
Yes, however, before I say anything on the off chance of getting things wrong I'd rather converse with my grandmother & aunt about it. My granduncle was grandma's twin & my aunt is extremely well versed in the family history seeing as she is the familial historian if you would. She likely has something, such as a journal, I maybe able to reference as well.

A double check if you would.

I am seeing my grandmother for her 99th birthday in France the 2nd week of July. So it's not like one has to wait months.
Well that's very kind of you to go to so much trouble! I would certainly enjoy hearing whatever you're able to share.

Cyrianne

• Sr. Newbie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »
Quote from: Jack;193002
Well that's very kind of you to go to so much trouble! I would certainly enjoy hearing whatever you're able to share.

No problem. As said I am seeing her anyways. It'll just be an extra thing.

She told me, when I got it from dad on my 18th, that it'll never break as long as someone of our blood keeps it within their possession. May seem far fetched. But as I said it's been through six generations, and a War to boot [two if you count the Boer Wars]. But I would like to know myself just in case.

Now I am not sure how long a "generation" is in your family but it was crafted mid 1700s.

And I apologize but I want to correct something. I meant to do it earlier but the forums timed out the edit option.

I said "sister" made for her brother. That'd be sister in law for my ancestor. This woman, as per an old family "bible" [records] was caught in a riding accident that cost her her child [son]. Her husband abandoned her. She, being a foreigner, had little in the way of family or money. Her brother in law, his brother, did not. She was given a place in his house. No not a servant more as if she had never lost her status. She was originally a seamstress, and then through the tutelage of his wife became governess to his grandchildren. She was, in a way, family in all but blood. Whatever spare moneys she made went into the purchase of materials, items, etc. and the crafting of this necklace.

You can look as it as an honourable act repaid in kind.

Like I said, I'll ask. I know that my grandmother will know, she knows "everything" - us kids swore she had eyes in the back of her head.

suzker

• Apprentice
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2016, 09:53:47 pm »
Quote from: 8BitLady;4019
How many of you have and wear a Pentacle in public?

I don't wear a pentacle. If I did, it'd probably be under the shirt. Not because I don't want to disturb people, or be judged as I really couldn't careless about people so fickle to judge on appearance alone, but more it has very little influence on my beliefs. An atheist for example may wear a cross to appease their family but does wearing a cross actually have any meaning to such a person? That'd be the same as a pentacle to myself. Fancy ornament but meaningless.

Different 'symbol' over the shirt. This 'symbol' really isn't a symbol per say but no less important. It is a wolf claw / tooth pendant on deer hide string made by a very close aboriginal friend. I knew the wolf that the two claws & singular tooth once belonged to. For three years we used to run into one another in the backwoods of the reserve when I was hiking and occasionally catch glimpses of him along the boundary line when working on the family farm [which borders the reserve]. He was a loner and would trail me for miles in the woods. Scared? Hardly. Even when he came close enough to simply reach out and touch on more than one occasion.

Lone wolves have a hard life. Some live long, others don't. He was mid-aged, the former alpha, to begin with.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 09:57:21 pm by suzker »

Mivi

• Apprentice
  • God divination/kut ceremony/prayerwork by apptmt!
    • View Profile
    • Website
  • Religion: 무속신앙 Mugyo
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2016, 10:14:18 pm »

I don't have a specific symbol, technically for my tradition. I simply wear jade rings/bracelets/necklace.

It's nice because I can avoid weird ass questions in public.
Mivi | Mudang (Korean shaman-priest)

만신

Dam

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2016, 12:07:00 pm »

Your thoughts? Thanks :D

I wear a different symbol; Mjolnir. I wear it under my shirt because I hate having things over the top of my clothes

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2016, 01:32:02 pm »

The pent has no real significance for me so I only wear it if I want to be recognised as pagan - it's an easily recognised symbol if you looking for a group that you haven't met before.

Normally I wear a ring with entwined drakes and often something with key symbology. It goes entirely under the radar which suits me.

japaley

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2016, 04:15:22 am »

Greetings 8BitLady

I replied under my shirt, because I wear mine on my sleeve literally. I have it tattoo on my upper sleeve. This way it will be with me forever and I can never forget what I believe, it gives my strength everyday, all day. I find myself looking at, or rubbing it when I am hitting a rough patch in my day.

As far as other people seeing it, I get to choose who see's it or not. I have always been of the believe be proud of who you are, what you are, you have nothing to prove to anyone. I don't hide per say, but I respect the fact that others may not understand, so to them is just looks like a piece of pretty art on my arm and I just let them keep thinking that.

If people get curious and ask's what it all means, then I'll explain the meaning of the symbols as to what they mean to me and how they help me get through my days

Great Poll and Post,
It was nice to meet you,
blessed be

The Solitary Wolf

• I just really love foxes, okay? And Loki, too.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Lokean
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2016, 12:49:29 pm »

I wear two different necklaces when I'm out in public. One that I keep in plain view, the other I keep underneath my shirt.

The necklace I wear openly features a wolf and a snake, the one I tend to wear hidden is one I made myself that definitely looks odd. The main part of it is a prayer/spell slip I made and put inside of one of those ID badge holders for lanyards, which hangs from a ribbon, and attached to that are a custom-engraved ring and a crystal, which was placed in a bead cage.

That one I wear in secret because it would definitely draw attention if people were looking at me head-on, and since I wear it to stay safe, I prefer not to attract attention wherever possible. Which is incredibly difficult when you work a job that requires you to be out in public.

Jackthewitch)0(

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2016, 10:02:03 pm »

So when I decided to start back up with Wicca/Paganism, I wanted something that would be a constant reminder to myself that I have chosen this path. And I found a perfect little Pentacle necklace, it's about 1". :)

When I started warring my pentacle I Got some backlash but it slowly got better.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:54:35 pm by Darkhawk »

CTWitch

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: He
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2017, 11:44:09 am »
Oh I definitely makes sure that I wear mine in public. I have a sterling silver pentagram that is in the form of sticks so it feels earthy. I dont feel that others treat me differently. I think if anything it is a great conversation starter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2017, 07:12:11 am »

A Reminder:
Hi, CTWitch,

Just a quick note:  Please remember to quote, even if you're just replying to the first message in the thread.  It makes the discussion easier to follow, and it's required by our rules. (If you're using tapatalk on a phone, please hold your finger down on the message you wish to reply to until the quote function pops up.)

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder. No reply is necessary, but if you have questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Sunflower
TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Tags: