45 (16.5%)
es, Outside my shirt
61 (22.3%)
o
33 (12.1%)
 wear a different symbol
134 (49.1%)

Total Members Voted: 229

Author Topic: Wearing your Pentacle in public?  (Read 40901 times)

Sisu

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Wearing your Pentacle in public?
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2014, 10:00:53 am »
Quote from: OtakuJolyn;149711
Wow, I can't believe how long it's been... (posted in 2011!)

I sometimes wear a small triquetra attached to a fluorite pendant (I just like the stone/color, no special significance there). It's relatively noticeable but most people around here wouldn't think anything other than "ooh, shiny!"

Occasionally I wear heavy silver earrings in the shape of raven's wings, and that probably has even more significance for me spiritually but would be noticed even less for any religious overtones.

Rhaethe

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2014, 12:16:26 pm »
Quote from: Sisu;149746
I sometimes wear a small triquetra attached to a fluorite pendant (I just like the stone/color, no special significance there). It's relatively noticeable but most people around here wouldn't think anything other than "ooh, shiny!"

Occasionally I wear heavy silver earrings in the shape of raven's wings, and that probably has even more significance for me spiritually but would be noticed even less for any religious overtones.

I voted for other.  I wear a spiral, currently.

Leona Oigheag

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2014, 01:17:54 am »
Quote from: OtakuJolyn;4019
How many of you have and wear a Pentacle in public?

I wear a ring with a pentagram on it.  I'm pretty open about my religion if folks ask, but it's not something I bring up.

It's interesting to see who notices the ring though :)

Amphibian

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Magpie eclectic feral urban hedge druid(ish)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2014, 09:21:20 am »
Quote from: Rhaethe;149752
I voted for other.  I wear a spiral, currently.

Likewise; wasn't going to comment but then I saw the 'other' poll option. I have two different oak-tree pendants, and wear one of them, mmm, probably three days a week. Mostly I get appreciative noises (one of them is a gorgeous piece of wirework and glass beads on a wooden backing), but there have been a couple of snide comments about 'that damn tree' from some of my...less tolerant coworkers.
All knowledge is worth having.
It doesn't stop being magic just because you know how it works.

Demeter Hedgewitch

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2014, 08:40:30 pm »
Quote from: OtakuJolyn;4019

So when I decided to start back up with Wicca/Paganism, I wanted something that would be a constant reminder to myself that I have chosen this path. And I found a perfect little Pentacle necklace, it's about 1". :)
The cord I currently have brings the pentacle about halfway between my collarbone and breastbone. So when I wear certain shirts, it's visible...
But, I feel that when i wear my necklace in public, people treat me different, or, as soon as they see that necklace they are apprehensive of me?
For a time it bugged me, and I stopped wearing the necklace, which made me start lacking in my religion, big time. :mad:
So now I wear it again, and now I am getting the feeling people are feeling weird near me again.
Your thoughts? Thanks :D

This happened to my sister. Years ago! As soon as this woman saw it, she put up a wall between her and my sister. The whole thing was so stupid! I have a pentacle and I wear it under my shirt.

MadZealot

• Adept Member
  • Eye yam tu papi.
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Founder of the Church of No Pants.
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2014, 10:17:46 pm »
Quote from: Demeter Hedgewitch;150607
This happened to my sister. Years ago! As soon as this woman saw it, she put up a wall between her and my sister. The whole thing was so stupid! I have a pentacle and I wear it under my shirt.

I've taken to wearing this "Celtic Cross Pentagram Necklace."  I enjoy confusing the shit out of people.
You have my sword
And my shield
And my... um... slacks.

Caffeinated Autumn

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2014, 12:31:21 am »
Quote from: 8BitLady;4019

So when I decided to start back up with Wicca/Paganism, I wanted something that would be a constant reminder to myself that I have chosen this path. And I found a perfect little Pentacle necklace, it's about 1". :)
The cord I currently have brings the pentacle about halfway between my collarbone and breastbone. So when I wear certain shirts, it's visible...
But, I feel that when i wear my necklace in public, people treat me different, or, as soon as they see that necklace they are apprehensive of me?
For a time it bugged me, and I stopped wearing the necklace, which made me start lacking in my religion, big time. :mad:
So now I wear it again, and now I am getting the feeling people are feeling weird near me again.

I wear a pentacle necklace. It has a celtic knot type border around the pentagram and has a little swirl in the middle of the pentagram. I've had people ask about it out of curiosity and why I wear it but for the most part, people will leave me alone about it 95% of the time.

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2014, 07:29:55 pm »
Quote from: MadZealot;150619
I've taken to wearing this "Celtic Cross Pentagram Necklace."  I enjoy confusing the shit out of people.

I love it! XD

I wear a simple spiral pendant these days :)
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

other-wise

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2015, 12:34:50 am »
Quote from: Leona Oigheag;150518
I wear a ring with a pentagram on it.  I'm pretty open about my religion if folks ask, but it's not something I bring up.

It's interesting to see who notices the ring though :)

Same here. I also wear a triple moon necklace during certain moon phases. Folks seem to comment on it more than my ring, though never anything related to spirituality.

Please Delete My Account

• Sr. Newbie
  • Please delete my account
    • View Profile
    • delete this account
  • Religion: delete this account
« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2015, 05:01:11 pm »

I have been wearing my pentacle openly for about 15 years. I usually don't even think about it, and it seems not too many people care about it. I have also worn an Om and no one seems bothered by that. There was a time when my pentacle got stares or odd looks, but I swear, if I'm not thinking about it being an issue, it usually isn't. I haven't been asked if I'm a Satanist in a very long time, which is nice.
Please delete my account and posts from this site.

Please Delete My Account

• Sr. Newbie
  • Please delete my account
    • View Profile
    • delete this account
  • Religion: delete this account
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2015, 05:02:25 pm »
Quote from: MadZealot;150619
I enjoy confusing the shit out of people.

Ha! I love that. I sometimes wear my Om and Pentacle together. Nobody's ever said anything, but I occasionally wonder what people think about it.
Please delete my account and posts from this site.

Hexe

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2015, 05:06:29 pm »

I chose "no" because I don't wear jewelry for the most part.

Ehina

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2015, 09:10:02 pm »

I voted yes, but I have worn it inside and out for different reasons.
I have actually worn  a few different necklaces for different times, I use to wear a really long pentacle necklace that came to the bottom of my breast bone, that I wore on the inside of my shirt through my junior and senior years of highschool, I use to wear it out of my shirt before the short chain that it was on broke and I put it on an extremely obnoxious cord, I tucked it then to keep my teachers from lecturing me about "what I didn't know" that and it smacked into the tables making a loud CLINK. Then I switched to a smaller pentacle necklace that I wore for years outside of my shirt, I had a lot of older women give me those angel coins saying they were praying for me or they would ask if I were Jewish. I started to tuck it on Sundays ( I worked in a craft store and after church got out we had a lot of customers that came in that complained loudly at me about my "Satanic demeanor". But soon it started to smell strongly metallic so I just purchased a new crescent moon that has Celtic knot work inside it with a star inside the hole of the moon, a ring with a pentacle on it and another ring that says "know thyself".

Kylara

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2015, 08:48:20 am »

I actually have a ring that is my daily wear (though right now I'm having an issue with my hands and can't wear it..makes me feel all naked).  The pentacle on it is pretty big (like dime sized) and it's a simple ring, so pretty obvious.  I always think that it's more obvious to me than to others, though I have never had a negative response to it.

I also often wear pentacle necklaces, I have three different ones.  One is a simple pentacle, this was my very first Pagan jewelry.  When I first got it, I was nervous wearing it in school (I was in high school), so I put it on a cord and wore it tied around my ankle (often tucked into my sock).  As I got more comfortable with myself and my path, it went back on my chain around my neck.  I also have a pretty one, more ornate, with a small lavender gem in the center (it's costume jewelry so I'm pretty sure its nothing special), and then thorny vines wrapped around the outside.  The third was a gift, it is a raven with a pentacle under it's talons.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Gigi Kiersten

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cheapskatewitch.com
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2015, 08:59:39 am »

I have a pentacle that I never take off, but it's stamped into metal and it's so faded that people don't recognize for what it is. I'm mostly home bound, so it's not a real issue for me a lot of the times. And I have never really gotten confronted or treated differently because of it. Maybe because San Antonio has this weird (expect for a few exceptions) aura of everyone minding their own business.

Honestly, the choice to wear your pentacle is different for everyone.  Also in some parts of the country you got to be really careful or sneaky about it. I'm actually looking for lesser known symbols for jewelry since I moved away from goddess centered witchcraft.

Tags: