collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 23 November 2020: $636 donated. Only $74 more needed! Thank you, donors!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* Recent Posts

Re: World of Warcraft: Shadowlands expansion by Morag
[Today at 09:07:54 pm]


Re: Positive Generation by Aisling
[Today at 08:02:32 pm]


Re: Positive Generation by Sefiru
[Today at 07:23:01 pm]


Re: Positive Generation by Sefiru
[Today at 07:19:50 pm]


Re: Grimoires To Die for! by Ashmire
[Today at 07:12:53 pm]

Author Topic: I pray, it seems to be working  (Read 1997 times)

Ruadan

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 4
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
I pray, it seems to be working
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:41:24 pm »
[i really wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to move/delete if its in the wrong place]

Of late my life has taken a seriously positive kick, after the worst year of my life where i came as close as I ever have to ending it.

I've prayed regularly to the Gods that speak to me and feel closest to me and have found that at the very least its theraputic and leaves me feeling positive, I paint what i think they look like, call them by names that feel right, dedicate tree planting and environmental work to them and have tattoos dedicated to them. I pray sometimes in Irish but largely in English so as to better explain myself. My path is still changing as i learn more about life and myself.

Basically i've come out of the worst year of my life which included loosing my job, girlfriend, suffering a serious breakdown and literally having my life saved. Now i find myself with the chance of an internship i would love, a woman who understands the mental illness problems i deal with every day and friends i thought i'd driven away.

Someone is watching over me, aren't they? is basically what i'm getting at, I think...

Lonstar

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Sep 2011
  • Posts: 36
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I pray, it seems to be working
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 04:34:12 pm »
Quote from: Ruadan;25541

There's always someone watching over you :) Life can be real rough sometimes. Stay strong and come out the other side of the rough patches. Looking back, I know that in times in my life when things have absolutely sucked big time, I often feel like I was meant to go through them so that I would learn something. Bad times pass, but you gotta muster up the courage to keep chipping away at them and making changes until you find happier paths.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:03:44 pm by Marilyn/Absentminded »

RandallS

  • Site Admin
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: NE Ohio
  • Posts: 10263
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 276
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: I pray, it seems to be working
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 06:06:31 pm »
Quote from: Ruadan;25541
Someone is watching over me, aren't they? is basically what i'm getting at, I think...

There often seems to be -- which is probably one of the most convincing arguments for the existence of something "supernatural".
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Livia Indica

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 61
  • Total likes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: I pray, it seems to be working
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 04:56:41 am »
Quote from: Ruadan;25541
[i really wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to move/delete if its in the wrong place]

Of late my life has taken a seriously positive kick, after the worst year of my life where i came as close as I ever have to ending it.

I've prayed regularly to the Gods that speak to me and feel closest to me and have found that at the very least its theraputic and leaves me feeling positive, I paint what i think they look like, call them by names that feel right, dedicate tree planting and environmental work to them and have tattoos dedicated to them. I pray sometimes in Irish but largely in English so as to better explain myself. My path is still changing as i learn more about life and myself.

Basically i've come out of the worst year of my life which included loosing my job, girlfriend, suffering a serious breakdown and literally having my life saved. Now i find myself with the chance of an internship i would love, a woman who understands the mental illness problems i deal with every day and friends i thought i'd driven away.

Someone is watching over me, aren't they? is basically what i'm getting at, I think...

 
I don't have much to add other than good on you for holding on and coming out the other side. I've had a very hard few years myself and I'm still trying to come out of it. You give me hope.

Ruadan

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 4
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I pray, it seems to be working
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:23:50 pm »
Quote from: Livia Indica;25634
I don't have much to add other than good on you for holding on and coming out the other side. I've had a very hard few years myself and I'm still trying to come out of it. You give me hope.

 
Really? wow, thats, thats the nicest thing i've heard in ages :o You will come out of it, we're all stronger than we think.

Thanks for the positive message guys!

Luna

  • Sr. Newbie
  • **
  • Join Date: Aug 2011
  • Posts: 19
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I pray, it seems to be working
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 06:14:54 pm »
Quote from: Ruadan;25541
[i really wasn't sure where to put this, feel free to move/delete if its in the wrong place]

Of late my life has taken a seriously positive kick, after the worst year of my life where i came as close as I ever have to ending it.

I've prayed regularly to the Gods that speak to me and feel closest to me and have found that at the very least its theraputic and leaves me feeling positive, I paint what i think they look like, call them by names that feel right, dedicate tree planting and environmental work to them and have tattoos dedicated to them. I pray sometimes in Irish but largely in English so as to better explain myself. My path is still changing as i learn more about life and myself.

Basically i've come out of the worst year of my life which included loosing my job, girlfriend, suffering a serious breakdown and literally having my life saved. Now i find myself with the chance of an internship i would love, a woman who understands the mental illness problems i deal with every day and friends i thought i'd driven away.

Someone is watching over me, aren't they? is basically what i'm getting at, I think...

 Hi Ruadan, I'm glad you are here.. I think that we are watched over, I am 61 and I am amazed that I am still here. As I look back on my wonderful journey I can honestly say I have been guided thru my life and brought thru many great things and many terrible things. Most of my own making. It took a serious illness to help me make sense of it all, but I am so grateful for that illness, I think the Goddess decided to shake me up to wake me up. You are young, nothing is as bad as it may seem at the moment, give the problem 24 hours and you will see the problem differently. I envy your youth, you have so much more time to be on your path, make a difference in your world, and just breathe. Love, laugh, cry, but enjoy it all, it makes you the very special person you are.                       Have a blessed life, Luna.

Greenlove92

  • Apprentice
  • ***
  • Join Date: Nov 2011
  • Posts: 20
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
I pray, it seems to be working
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 10:07:36 am »
Quote from: Ruadan;26018
Really? wow, thats, thats the nicest thing i've heard in ages :o You will come out of it, we're all stronger than we think.

Thanks for the positive message guys!

 
Yeah thank you :) this post just made my day.
Recycle, be green :) the Gods will thank you!

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
1051 Views
Last post July 16, 2012, 07:26:22 pm
by R03e
4 Replies
1838 Views
Last post July 13, 2012, 10:37:12 pm
by wadjet
13 Replies
2315 Views
Last post January 09, 2013, 05:52:02 am
by Fausta
29 Replies
5286 Views
Last post February 20, 2016, 02:07:33 pm
by StagTracker
0 Replies
499 Views
Last post August 31, 2015, 11:32:48 am
by tue2day

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal