collapse

Author Topic: Kitchen/Cottage Witch Magick  (Read 9071 times)

CrescentC

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Kitchen/Cottage Witch Magick
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 10:58:11 am »
Quote from: Tenae;111452
My favorite books are those by Ellen Dugan and Deborah Blake, particularly "Cottage Witchery" and "Witchcraft on a Shoestring." Awesome books with lots of real life applications!

This is so true! Cottage witchery is about so much more than cooking - you can do just about anything with it. It's so related to everyday life.

I just love everything about this thread!  Cottage Witchery is one of my favorite books and I am going to have to check out Deborah Blake--thanks for the recommendation!

I feel that my faith is part of my every day life and that it is the little moments that tend to mean the most to me.  Seeing my daughter fat & happy with a full tummy, feeling a breeze while I swing in my hammock, reading something that resonates with my soul, putting my home into order, digging into the ground, creating something nourishing with my own hands--these things feel divinely inspired.  :)
“The older I grow the more I become certain that it makes no difference what words we use to tell the same truths.”
― Marion Zimmer Bradley, The Mists of Avalon

LeaKyraWings

• View Profile
Re: Kitchen/Cottage Witch Magick
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2013, 12:00:09 pm »
Quote from: TylerJade;112524
Darling, I do believe you and I could be great friends. I've been a Kitchen Witch (though in all honesty I practice all kinds of hearth and home magick) since before I knew there was such a thing. I love food. LOVE. And I feel like my faith IS my everyday life, rather than just a facet of it, which is one of the convenient and appealing things about kitchen witchery. Pray whilst you cook, whilst you water your plants, vacuum your carpet, wash your pets, etc. etc. ad nauseam. I'm an unmarried housewife, a homemaker with a purpose. I love me.

I agree completely, it's so simple to find myself praying while cooking, or gardening, and definitely while cleaning.
I also love using a bit of lemon juice and salt to scrub my floors....leaves a clean fresh scent and feeling behind

Tags: