Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Good job, self!  (Read 3735 times)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Good job, self!
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:28:54 pm »
I have a couple of things where I'm glad I started doing them, or doing them that way, this year.

I thought a thread to share the stuff you've figured out that makes your spiritual or magical life better on a practical level might be both fun and useful - feel free to drop yours in the thread, whenever you think of them.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Good job, self!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 01:45:28 pm »
I have a couple of things where I'm glad I started doing them, or doing them that way, this year.

1) Bookmarking my Tarot books
This is one of those 'why did I not think of doing this a decade ago' things, but I didn't, and now I have, and my life is better.

I went through and put bookmarks (mine are the tiny bronze Book Darts that attach to the page, so they won't fall out, but you could do this with washi tape or even Post-It notes, though I find the latter produces more eventual paper cuts than I like in my life) marking where the section for each suit starts.

Mine are staggered so I can see from the edge of the pages where swords, wands, etc. are but I anticipate figuring out an option this year for marking them (either washi tape or nailpolish, probably.)

It makes flipping through to check on additional interpretation for a reading so much easier. (I picked up a couple of new decks this year, so there's been a fair bit of 'what does this deck creator think about this thing, now I've peered at it a bit' plus I did a huge binge of research into multiple cards this fall that was the actual motivation for doing this.)

2) Having a regular time for deeper reading/study
My usual time is Sunday mornings, because I try really hard not to schedule anything on Sundays, and it is the time I am least likely to get distracted in chat (or feel like I ought to log on, because of other people's timings...)

I do a longer weekly offering, leave the candle lit, the incense going, and hang out and read things that take more deliberate time, attention, or note taking. It's great.

3) My One Spreadsheet To Rule Them All
Ok, so this is actually my third year doing one, but I'm really excited about this year's.

I have a spreadsheet with a slightly absurd number of subsheets, which help me track approximately All The Things, and this year I've added calculations so that (as the year progresses, and I can get data) I can see many more comparisons, like what zodiac sign the sun and moon are in, which Sabbat we're in, day of the week, and so on.

There's a sample sheet from last year (that I notated for a podcast interview last summer) for the curious, and I'm always glad to geek about this.

(I also redid my "Doing" sheet for a better breakdown of tasks across different areas of my life, and made a bunch of things calculate better, as advances for this year's sheet.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 12:36:36 am »

I thought a thread to share the stuff you've figured out that makes your spiritual or magical life better on a practical level might be both fun and useful - feel free to drop yours in the thread, whenever you think of them.

Daily Meditation
I'd fallen out of this habit, but now I'm getting back to making sure I do this, every day. It seems to do me a lot of good.
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 04:21:48 am »

Bullet journaling my practice. It's improved my record keeping  from appalling to pretty good.

Nymree

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 08:38:22 am »

Having a 'mini-grimoire' that I travel with to keep quick on-the-go notes in. I've actually been doing it for a few years now, but need to replace the notebook I've been using. Most of my notebooks get battered in my rucksack, so having a grimoire I'm slightly less protective of and willing to get wet in the rain helps.

moongate

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 08:52:06 am »

Lately, I've felt like my spirituality has fallen to the wayside a bit. Now, it seems like a good time to return to practise and study.

At the very least, I am dedicating Wednesdays to "checking in" with myself through journaling.

Sundays are also good days for me to continue my studies and to do a weekly Tarot reading.

I want to get back to updating my BOS too, but that will happen when the time feels right. I am also beginning to plan the garden and have begun looking up recipes for making essential oils, this is also helping.  :)

Gwen

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Witch
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 11:48:59 am »
I thought a thread to share the stuff you've figured out that makes your spiritual or magical life better...

I had fallen away from much of my spiritual practices mostly because of the move to the new apartment.  But now that we're settled in, and have been trapped in CovidLand, it was time to start again.

I've pulled out my favorite Tarot deck and started reading again.  I've missed my clients and doing Reiki treatments, but understand it's not possible with social distancing.  So I've started to do more distance Reiki treatments.  That being said, if anyone wants a treatment, just let me know and I'd be happy to send!  My BOS has been very organized for the last 5 years or so, but I've started to re-read it and update where I need to.

The only thing that I have kept up with right from the 1st day we moved in, is working with my essential oils.  Now, however, I'm making blends like anti-viral room sprays, disinfectants etc.  My attempts at hand-santizer has totally flopped though  :-[

Tags: