collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Do They really want me?  (Read 3600 times)

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Do They really want me?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 06:24:20 pm »
Quote from: Aelyria;95545
You deliberately (from what I have been told) misgendered a respected Devotee of Loki.  That give anyone the permaboot

Which further proves my point. Overemotional, easily offended, overly sensitive. Booting people for pathetic reasons...now I KNOW I'm never going back there, even if they gave me an invite.

I'm sorta glad I'm out, tired of all the negativity.
Conformity is the death of individualism

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 06:26:47 pm »
Quote from: Aelyria;95539
Dang, Crapping on Stephan Grundy... who probably has more knowledge in his little finger about northern religious traditions than just about anyoen else alive.  Dang....

Oh yeah. Forgot about him. He's pretty cool.

Aelyria

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 06:34:45 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;95561
Which further proves my point. Overemotional, easily offended, overly sensitive. Booting people for pathetic reasons...now I KNOW I'm never going back there, even if they gave me an invite.

with all due respect when you misgender a genderqueer individual its not being overly emotional, its insulting their gender identity
Once He\'s in He owns Your Heart
My Blog

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 06:35:26 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;95561

Well, if it was deliberate misgendering, that's not a pathetic reason. That's obnoxious and rude.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 06:43:23 pm »
Quote from: Aelyria;95471
I clicked the multiquote button on the page for response if that is NOT how its done  then my bad. it must work differently here than in other forums i have participated in.

Clicking the multiquote button is, indeed, the way to quote more than one post.  But you also have to make sure you don't delete the part of the quote code that provides a trackback to the post being quoted (that's the part that has the username of the person being quoted and the post number).  You need to make sure this is included for each post you're quoting.  In general, it's easier to make a separate reply to each post, and we prefer it, since that makes it easier for everyone to follow the conversations - multiquote is generally best reserved for those times when what you're saying to person X and what you're saying to person Y are so related that it'd be repetitive or hard to separate.

Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

outlaw393

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 06:45:51 pm »
Quote from: Aelyria;95564
with all due respect when you misgender a genderqueer individual its not being overly emotional, its insulting their gender identity

It was not deliberate. Someone didn't tell the group what pronouns they wanted. And someone is overly sensitive.

I am genderqueer. Do I care what pronouns people use? Nope. So you're preaching to the choir.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 06:55:06 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;95569
It was not deliberate. Someone didn't tell the group what pronouns they wanted. And someone is overly sensitive.

I am genderqueer. Do I care what pronouns people use? Nope. So you're preaching to the choir.

If that was how you reacted when called on it, I'm not surprised you got banned. XD
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »

A Reminder:
Outlaw and Aelyria:

TC's public forums are not the place to debate what happened in some other fourm/venue.  Please cease arguing about it, or take it private.

I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Aelyria

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 06:58:46 pm »

just because YOU don't does not mean that others feel the same.  especially when clicking a profile pic tell you the HIM is the gender
My Blog

Aelyria

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;95573
A Reminder:
Outlaw and Aelyria:

TC's public forums are not the place to debate what happened in some other fourm/venue.  Please cease arguing about it, or take it private.

that is why i tried to edit my previous post but it was too late and admin would not edit
My Blog

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 08:15:52 pm »
Quote from: Aelyria;95584
that is why i tried to edit my previous post but it was too late and admin would not edit

Randall explained why you can't edit previous posts.  The point here is that any further discussion of other-forum stuff be undertaken in private.

When modded, the idea is to amend your future behaviour, not to make your past behaviour seem like it never happened.

Marilyn
Staff
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:17:07 pm by Marilyn/Absentminded »
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

Fireof9

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 08:24:41 pm »
Quote from: outlaw393;95258

Any-hoo if all the drama is done.........

Outlaw I think some people have given you some great advice here. Relax, take a step back, work on your own personal issues - with or without deity, whichever seems more productive to you, then revisit your relationship with deity. Realize that for it to be rewarding you have to approach it like any other relationship. Give and take, patience and understanding.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:47:10 pm by SunflowerP »
Really?  So, hey, want to go fishing?  I\'ve got a telescope, and it\'s going to be a dark night, so we should see the fish really well.
...what, I\'m not talking about fishing?  That\'s stargazing?  It\'s all doing-stuff, so it\'s the same thing, right?
-HeartShadow

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery,Today is a gift,thats why the call it the present - Master Oogway

Finding the Owl -my blog
The Gwyddonic Order

Tags: