collapse

Author Topic: Accidentally witchy bath and beauty products  (Read 1282 times)

Selenography

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Accidentally witchy bath and beauty products
« on: June 17, 2014, 07:27:56 am »
I sometimes spend a little too much time shopping for things like shower gel and bubble bath and skincare stuff.

It occurred to me this morning that a lot of that stuff, especially when you get the hippie natural brands, is kind of accidentally witchy. Like, the ingredients in a bubble bath could be similar to the herbs and oils one would use for a certain ritual purpose.

Can you think of any products (please be specific and note who makes it) that serve this double duty?  So far I have just thought of salt scrubs, and I don't even have a specific one to recommend.

Nerys53

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Re: Accidentally witchy bath and beauty products
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:01 am »
Quote from: Selenography;150273
I sometimes spend a little too much time shopping for things like shower gel and bubble bath and skincare stuff.

It occurred to me this morning that a lot of that stuff, especially when you get the hippie natural brands, is kind of accidentally witchy. Like, the ingredients in a bubble bath could be similar to the herbs and oils one would use for a certain ritual purpose.

Can you think of any products (please be specific and note who makes it) that serve this double duty?  So far I have just thought of salt scrubs, and I don't even have a specific one to recommend.

Some time ago I was searching for shop bought products useful in magick and found http://www.hoodooreview.blogspot.com/ some LUSH and Bath and Body Works products mentioned there, see also the other items.
Browsing the LUSH products I think BrightSide bubble bath could be used in a magickal solar healing way as it contains several citrus. LUSH is a bit expensive so would use the item cut into several parts for a few baths. And adding healing candles near the bath.:)

Selenography

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »
Quote from: Nerys53;150283
Some time ago I was searching for shop bought products useful in magick and found http://www.hoodooreview.blogspot.com/ some LUSH and Bath and Body Works products mentioned there, see also the other items.
Browsing the LUSH products I think BrightSide bubble bath could be used in a magickal solar healing way as it contains several citrus. LUSH is a bit expensive so would use the item cut into several parts for a few baths. And adding healing candles near the bath.:)

Haha, it was looking at LUSH's website that inspired this post!  I am a huge fan of a lot of their products. I haven't used them in ritual, but I do love them.

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:01 pm »
Can you think of any products (please be specific and note who makes it) that serve this double duty?

Intentionally or unintentionally?

There is a girl here locally (Artemisia Herbal) who does great beauty and care products that could definitely be used in a witchy context, although in a mundane one as well (f'ex, I heard of her because a friend recommending her bruise balm for pole! :D: ).

Lucky Mojo carries a variety of soaps and hair care products that are definitely used in rootworking now, although whether when they were initially created that was the intention I don't know. Some more recent ones originally created by LM would be for sure.

Those are the two sources I can think of off the top of my head. I'll come back if I can think of any others.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Redfaery

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 12:23:55 am »

Whole Foods usually sells really fancy local artisanal soaps that I've thought of using specifically for washing before ritual, but I'm keeping my eye out for when they have an appropriate scent. They're so expensive, though, they'd have to be only for my weekly ritual.

My sister also bought me a lotion made by a local small-scale artisan that was based on goats' milk. It was almond scented and had a white, thick, creamy feel to it. In the pot it smelled like vanilla ice cream. Once you smeared it on, it smelled like some sort of dessert. I think it would be good for a beauty spell.
KARMA: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 01:39:32 am »

LUSH and Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs.

For the former... Ceridwen's Cauldron bath melt for cleansing, any of the rose bath bombs for love, and the It's Raining Men shower gel to use for attraction/sweetening dispositions (it's got honey in it).

For the latter... oh, god, we'd be here all night if I listed all the possibilities. BPAL carries every possible magical perfume oil you can imagine. Their trading post also has soaps and massage oils and all sorts of goodies. I actually need to place an order there soon! XD

I'm sure I'll think of more. I love bath stuff.

Tags: