Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:45:55 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 06:39:30 pm]

Author Topic: Favourite YouTubers?  (Read 6181 times)

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Favourite YouTubers?
« on: September 07, 2020, 04:05:17 pm »
Have people got favourite YouTubers?

I don't really follow the standard 'influencers', but I do have a favourite channel just for funsies which is 'Slapped Ham' (mostly focused on ghosty footage & photos, with occasional other weirdness).  The presenter seems really personable and I've just become quite fond of watching these vids.

I also love K'eyush the Stunt Dog -- if you like cute doggo videos, you'll like these.

And finally, my husband watches a few channels to do with MMORPGs, especially, World of Warcraft in particular and although I haven't subscribed myself, I always find myself getting absorbed watching over his shoulder when he's viewing Taliesin & Evitel.  I particularly like  Taliesin's delivery, he strikes me as quite a bright guy and he's really engaging with how he talks about stuff.  Plus, he has a catch phrase which I find really fun (cos it has cuss words in it, and I'm a child!   :P)  (Nothing to do with Celtic mythology I'm afraid, though.)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite YouTubers?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 06:43:04 pm »

I don't really follow the standard 'influencers', but I do have a favourite channel just for funsies which is 'Slapped Ham' (mostly focused on ghosty footage & photos, with occasional other weirdness).  The presenter seems really personable and I've just become quite fond of watching these vids.

I have a fair few favorites :) I have four broad categories:

Humor: Cinemassacre (home of the Angry Video Game Nerd), zefrank1 ("True Facts about ______), and rSlash (a Reddit-reading channel)

Media analysis: Lindsay Ellis, Dominic Noble

Makers of various stripes: Bernadette Banner (historical sewing), Curiosity Incorporated (an antiques dealer in Edmonton), Micarah Trewers (DIY sewing, also hilarious), emmymadeinjapan (exploratory cooking), Primitive Technology (exactly what it sounds like_

Gaming: Kruggsmash (does illustrated Dwarf Fortress videos), NicoB (Let's Player who's really good at doing voices).

That's not all of the channels I keep bookmaked, just my favorites.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 07:48:59 pm »
Makers of various stripes: Bernadette Banner (historical sewing), Curiosity Incorporated (an antiques dealer in Edmonton), Micarah Trewers (DIY sewing, also hilarious), emmymadeinjapan (exploratory cooking), Primitive Technology (exactly what it sounds like_

Seconding Bernadette Banner, who is just immensely soothing as well as educational.

(And if you like the historical sewing, I added a bunch of people to my watch list after CoCoVid, an online video convention, since Costume College (the big historical costuming convention) couldn't happen in person. Most of the videos are still up - the only exceptions I know of are the lives on Bernadette's channel (she curates her channel heavily). Here's the program with links to channels.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 08:59:12 am »
Have people got favourite YouTubers?

Not going to mention all of my subs bc I have far, far too many of them (244 in fact) across a very broad range of topics/genres, but ones I particularly love right now are:

Super Mario Maker: ryukahr, GrandPooBear, Carl Sagan
Age of Empires II: T90, The Viper, Spirit of the Law
Food/asmr: HidaMari Cooking, japanesestuffchannel, DancingBacons, I Will Always Travel For Food
minatures/dioramas: hanabira, HMS2
Maths: 3blue1brown, Mathologer, Numberphile, Matt Parker, singingbanana
Tech/Computers: techmoan, the 8 bit guy, Computerphile, LGR
Scenic Videos From Around Japan: Anna Film Production - some of her temple videos are close to meditations ngl
Historical Fashion: Prior Attire, Janet Stephens (hairdressing)
Pagan/Witchy: Thorn Mooney, Ember HoneyRaven, HearthWitch
Makers/Artists: Corter Leather, Kasey Golden (art), Sea Lemon (bookbinding and other art/craft)
Comedy(ish): No More Jockeys, Bad Golf, The Modern Rogue
Misc Others: Tom Scott, The Tim Traveller, Will It Soft Serve?, All The Stations/Geoff Marshall, ashens

...That feels like too many, but that's broad enough for you to find something of interest, right? XD
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

Tags: