collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: TC Cill Imbolc Exchange 2014  (Read 4476 times)

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: TC Cill Imbolc Exchange 2014
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 08:51:18 am »
Quote from: Finn;132000

Anyway, now you know what to do: get crafting! :D:

Probably this makes me sound like a socially inept dumbass, but am i supposed to let them know who it's from?
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

SunflowerP

• Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 11:11:38 pm »
Quote from: maybeimawitch;137017
Probably this makes me sound like a socially inept dumbass, but am i supposed to let them know who it's from?

No, it makes you sound like someone willing to look a bit silly, for the sake of not being a socially-inept dumbass. The real asses are the ones who don't want to ask.

Seems to me that 'supposed to' is a bit of a stretch - I don't think we've ever required letting recipients know, if someone preferred to remain anonymous. But it's usual to let them know, and more fun, I think, to know which of your Cill-mates sent you the brat/cross. And, one of the purposes of the annual exchange is to develop our sense of group identity; I think knowing who the sender was is more conducive to that, than not knowing.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 10:04:16 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;137103
No, it makes you sound like someone willing to look a bit silly, for the sake of not being a socially-inept dumbass. The real asses are the ones who don't want to ask.

Seems to me that 'supposed to' is a bit of a stretch - I don't think we've ever required letting recipients know, if someone preferred to remain anonymous. But it's usual to let them know, and more fun, I think, to know which of your Cill-mates sent you the brat/cross. And, one of the purposes of the annual exchange is to develop our sense of group identity; I think knowing who the sender was is more conducive to that, than not knowing.

Sunflower

Thanks
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 12:34:33 am »
Quote from: Finn;132000

Anyway, now you know what to do: get crafting! :D:

Hi all!

I dropped the ball on both reminding everyone to send out their brats, and crafting my own, so my undisclosed recipient will definitely be receiving theirs late (sorry!).

If you are of a more thoughtful sort than I, this is a gentle reminder to get your beautiful gifts in the mail! :)
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Breeze

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 10:01:04 pm »
Quote from: Finn;137463
Hi all!

I dropped the ball on both reminding everyone to send out their brats, and crafting my own, so my undisclosed recipient will definitely be receiving theirs late (sorry!).

If you are of a more thoughtful sort than I, this is a gentle reminder to get your beautiful gifts in the mail! :)

I got mine in the mail a bit late too, the lady at the post office said that it should get to it's destination in time though.  I had written a little note to go with mine, but forgot it :/

Aster Breo

• View Profile
TC Cill Imbolc Exchange 2014
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 10:07:04 pm »
Quote from: Breeze;137937
I got mine in the mail a bit late too, the lady at the post office said that it should get to it's destination in time though.  I had written a little note to go with mine, but forgot it :/

I have to admit, mine is going in the mail tomorrow morning.  Fingers crossed that it gets to the recipient in time.  :-)
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 09:26:24 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;138011
I have to admit, mine is going in the mail tomorrow morning.  Fingers crossed that it gets to the recipient in time.  :-)

Mine is going in the mail tomorrow morning, but it's got a rather long way to go. :(

I wanted to add: I received my exchange gift today, and I'm going to go put up a new thread for sharing pics of the swag in just a minute. :D:

Aiwelin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 01:39:30 am »
Quote from: Finn;138271
I wanted to add: I received my exchange gift today, and I'm going to go put up a new thread for sharing pics of the swag in just a minute. :D:

Yay!!  I'm so glad it made it on time.  I missed the thread, but I'm excited to see pics; I suck so much at taking them I don't even try anymore :P
Devotee of Nerthus
Worshipper of Germanic Deities
Now blogging on Patheos Pagan!  Check out Heathen at Heart

In the Nebraska-Iowa area?  Come check out Prairie Shadow Protogrove, ADF!
Ár nDraíocht Féin
The Troth

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 01:02:53 pm »
Quote from: Aiwelin;138284
Yay!!  I'm so glad it made it on time.  I missed the thread, but I'm excited to see pics; I suck so much at taking them I don't even try anymore :P

Well, once my phone camera starts working again, I'll put it up. :p

Aiwelin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »
Quote from: Juni;129660
Sending you a PM now!

Juni, I received the brat you made today!  I loved how you weaved the two together, it's absolutely beautiful :).  Thank you!!
Devotee of Nerthus

Ár nDraíocht Féin
The Troth

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thelittleseawitch.net
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 06:05:03 pm »
Quote from: Aiwelin;138335
Juni, I received the brat you made today!  I loved how you weaved the two together, it's absolutely beautiful :).  Thank you!!

Yay, I'm glad you like it! It's a free crochet pattern (here on Ravelry) that was neat to learn.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

The Little Sea Witch - personal/catch-all blog
MistSeeking - religious blog

Aster Breo

• View Profile
TC Cill Imbolc Exchange 2014
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 12:39:14 am »
Quote from: Juni;138347

(Just hanging this here.)

I want to thank Morag for the seriously cool, hand-knitted brat/scarf!  It's BEAUTIFUL and so soft and I love the colors.  I've been wearing it non-stop, and received many compliments on it.  I'm not looking forward to taking it off to put out for Brighid's blessing tomorrow night.  ;-)

Thanks, Morag!
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Breeze

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 08:40:29 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;138362
(Just hanging this here.)

I want to thank Morag for the seriously cool, hand-knitted brat/scarf!  It's BEAUTIFUL and so soft and I love the colors.  I've been wearing it non-stop, and received many compliments on it.  I'm not looking forward to taking it off to put out for Brighid's blessing tomorrow night.  ;-)

Thanks, Morag!

Mine came in today (perfect timing!).  Thanks so much Aster!  I especially like the fabric you used for the brat.  It looks awesome :)

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 09:11:10 pm »
Quote from: Finn;138271

Aw, what the heck: I'm going to put it in here:

Aiwelin's cloth is the perfect width for my Brighid shelf (just ignore the exploding candle flame there: I have a scratch on my lens that makes lights flare ;)). Thank you so much!

Any more pics of swag? I'd love to see!

Aiwelin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2014, 12:09:41 am »
Quote from: Finn;138469
Aiwelin's cloth is the perfect width for my Brighid shelf (just ignore the exploding candle flame there: I have a scratch on my lens that makes lights flare ;)). Thank you so much!

Any more pics of swag? I'd love to see!

I'm so glad it works for you!  The embroidery actually took less time than I anticipated, so I might make another for myself :)

This is the brat Juni made for me - thank you so much again, my kids are having a lot of fun with the tradition of putting it out for Brigid :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:10:35 am by Aiwelin »
Devotee of Nerthus

Ár nDraíocht Féin
The Troth

Tags: