collapse

Important Announcement

Changing the Guard at The Cauldron

Sunflower is the new Host of The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum
Please read this thread for more information.

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Brighid Devotional: Housekeeping and A Frank Note from Finn  (Read 3200 times)

Finn

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 860
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Brighid Devotional: Housekeeping and A Frank Note from Finn
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2013, 03:28:27 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;119471
So...  Where are we with this project?
I'm home from Hawaii and ready to take on whatever tasks are needed to get this moving. I have plenty of time now, so, Finn, please just let me know what you want me to work on.  If you want to hand over the organizing, I'm ok with that, too.  However I can help.

 
I've been AWOL from the project and from the board in general. Sorry. And I'm sorry that I have no idea what to do next.

You want to take the reigns, Aster?
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Aster Breo

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2826
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 48
    • View Profile
Brighid Devotional: Housekeeping and A Frank Note from Finn
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 10:48:21 am »
Quote from: Finn;119867
You want to take the reigns, Aster?

Hi, everyone.

I've been in touch with Finn, and we've decided that I should take on the organization of the Devotional (at least for now).

Given that it's been a while since we started this and people's lives change, I think the best place to (re)start is to find out who is still interested in working on it.  In particular, I think we need to try to move forward with the research and plans for publishing AND the evaluation of content (e.g., do we like the balance we have, do we need more of anything, etc.) and editing/proofreading.  There's no reason we can't do those things at the same time.

So, if you want to volunteer for any of those tasks, please post here and let me know.

Thanks!

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Gilbride

  • Sr. Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Sep 2012
  • Posts: 597
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brighid Devotional: Housekeeping and A Frank Note from Finn
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 11:59:06 am »
Quote from: Aster Breo;120249
Given that it's been a while since we started this and people's lives change, I think the best place to (re)start is to find out who is still interested in working on it.  In particular, I think we need to try to move forward with the research and plans for publishing AND the evaluation of content (e.g., do we like the balance we have, do we need more of anything, etc.) and editing/proofreading.  There's no reason we can't do those things at the same time.


I can help with any of those things.

stephyjh

  • Grand Master Member
  • *******
  • Join Date: Jul 2011
  • Posts: 1597
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Brighid Devotional: Housekeeping and A Frank Note from Finn
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 04:48:21 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;120249
Hi, everyone.

I've been in touch with Finn, and we've decided that I should take on the organization of the Devotional (at least for now).

Given that it's been a while since we started this and people's lives change, I think the best place to (re)start is to find out who is still interested in working on it.  In particular, I think we need to try to move forward with the research and plans for publishing AND the evaluation of content (e.g., do we like the balance we have, do we need more of anything, etc.) and editing/proofreading.  There's no reason we can't do those things at the same time.

So, if you want to volunteer for any of those tasks, please post here and let me know.

Thanks!

~ Aster


Proofreader here, if I'm needed!
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Aster Breo

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2826
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 48
    • View Profile
Brighid Devotional: Housekeeping and A Frank Note from Finn
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2013, 06:03:24 pm »
Quote from: stephyjh;120267
Proofreader here, if I'm needed!

Thank you both!

Any other takers out there?
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Aster Breo

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2826
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 48
    • View Profile
Brighid Devotional: Housekeeping and A Frank Note from Finn
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 01:35:22 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;120269
Thank you both!

Any other takers out there?

Just bumping this in the hope that there are more volunteers for this project...
If you're interested in helping -- even if you're not sure you have the skills or experience -- please let me know.

It takes a village to make a Devotional book!   :-D
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Aster Breo

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Posts: 2826
  • Country: 00
  • Total likes: 48
    • View Profile
Brighid Devotional: Housekeeping and A Frank Note from Finn
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 06:18:19 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;120558
It takes a village to make a Devotional book!   :-D

Ok, unfortunately, I haven't heard from anyone else who can help get the Devotional finished, so I'm going to contact Stephy and Gilbride offline to figure out where we go from here.

When we have some news, I will let everyone know.

In the meantime, if anyone else wants to help out, just let me know. I'm sure we can put you to work.  ;-D

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
11 Replies
1828 Views
Last post July 23, 2012, 07:36:45 pm
by Shawnee
5 Replies
1433 Views
Last post March 09, 2013, 08:03:49 am
by RandallS
4 Replies
821 Views
Last post April 25, 2013, 07:42:23 pm
by Sarah
20 Replies
1720 Views
Last post June 01, 2013, 08:59:31 pm
by Juni
9 Replies
1321 Views
Last post June 04, 2014, 05:12:10 pm
by NiDara

Special Interest Group

Warning: You are currently in a Special Interest Group on the message board with special rules and focused discussions.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall