Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: It's my shift and I'm  (Read 44038 times)

AlisonLeighLilly

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://alisonleighlilly.com/
Re: It's my shift and I'm....
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 12:00:03 pm »
Quote from: JuniperMorgan;12438

It's my shift, and I'm pretty drained from a series of sleepless nights recently. But last night, my opening shift ritual at sundown went very smoothly and was one of the more powerful ritual experiences I've had recently.... and afterwards I slept very solidly and had lots of intense dreams (catching up on REM sleep ;)).

Today's work will mostly include spending time with Jeff as we finish writing our Druid wedding ceremony and vows together, and then work on crafting our handfasting cord and holding a small ritual to bless the cord and the rings we'll be exchanging. I feel like it's really appropriate work to be doing right now - Brighid was in large part responsible for us getting together in the first place, after all. :) Plus, the first full moon after Lughnasadh (which in Celtic lore is strongly associated for formalizing marriage bonds and such). So all sorts of good stuff going on for my shift this round. :)

Also, can I just say, I really like this "It's my shift and I'm..." thread. It's so neat to be able to drop in at any time during a round of shifts and see what others are doing to keep their shift. Not to mention being able to share my own work here. Really cool! A great idea, Juni! :)

--Ali

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:05 pm »
Quote from: AlisonLeighLilly;12603

It's the very end of my shift, and I am finally starting to be able to breathe again. This makes two shifts in a row I spent sick- hopefully next time around will be better. She has, mercifully, helped me sleep.
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Alexandrian Wicca, Gaelic Polytheism
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2011, 01:43:12 pm »
It's my shift, and

I spent my 2nd shift focusing on healing again. Went through a few unexpected marital problems within the last 2 weeks that I'm still left with some open wounds from. Just some meditation on hope, and a little anxious about a possible job opportunity that requires a certain amount of pure luck.

The wonders of worship&meditation. The piece of mind, and lift in the weather is just pure magick. Go raibh céad maith agat a Bhríd.
Semper Fidelis

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 10:52:39 am »

It's my shift and I'm still hitting a blank as to what to do for the exchange. I don't know that I've ever been this blocked when it comes to creativity before. Any suggestions on how to break out of it? Meditation isn't working, probably because I keep half falling asleep. The baby has been keeping me up at night. :(
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 05:55:01 am »
Quote from: hufflee;19596
It's my shift and I'm still hitting a blank as to what to do for the exchange. I don't know that I've ever been this blocked when it comes to creativity before. Any suggestions on how to break out of it? Meditation isn't working, probably because I keep half falling asleep. The baby has been keeping me up at night. :(

I feel you there. My stepmother took up moving meditation after she had my little brother, to avoid falling asleep. She uses mantras, and after a little while she found that the words synched themselves to her walking pace as she was pushing the buggy around.

It's my shift and I've been collecting Brighid resources off the net, saving them as word files to print. I'd started before the shift, but last night I came across the Henge of Keltria archives, and there's a lot of pdfs to grab. I wonder if Druidry is the next area I'm supposed to investigate...
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Aster Breo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 06:42:05 pm »
Quote from: Chatelaine;20572

It's my shift and I've been collecting Brighid resources off the net, saving them as word files to print. I'd started before the shift, but last night I came across the Henge of Keltria archives, and there's a lot of pdfs to grab. I wonder if Druidry is the next area I'm supposed to investigate...

It's the end of my shift, and I'm wondering what resources Chatelaine found.  ;)

I'm also thinking we should probably bring the Brighid Resources thread over here to the new board.  And, when we do that, we should go through the whole thread and add the newer resources onto the list.

To the extent that I could, I spent some of my shift reading and thinking about prayer beads.  Yes, again.  :p  I picked up a couple of books on prayer beads and I'm slowly making my way through the first one.  It's actually been pretty helpful.  It's helped me think about prayer beads in a completely different way.

I've also spent some of my shift focusing on asking Brighid to keep my husband safe.  he's working in Montevideo, Uruguay, this week.  I just talked to him a couple of hours ago, and he's having a lot of fun.  He gets home in a week.  It's going to be a long week.  :(

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Siannan

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2011, 10:50:39 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;20868
It's the end of my shift, and I'm wondering what resources Chatelaine found.  ;)

~ Aster

Its my very first shift and after spending all day thinking about it and being excited, once I got home from work, I almost missed it!  I spent a lot of time reading about Brighid and thinking about how I can honor Her. I planned on working on a piece of jewelry or some writing as I thought She would like that, but life, and my son, got in the way.  So far, so good...

hufflee

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 12:48:34 pm »
Quote from: Siannan;21586

It's my shift and the weather is gorgeous, so when I close tonight I think I'm going to do it outside. I'm sure I will get some strange looks (again) but I think people are getting used to me sitting outside with a candle or five and watching me sprinkle miscellaneous stuff on the ground. :D:
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
"This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 11:11:09 am »
Quote from: hufflee;23707

It's my shift and I'm feeling tired, but more centred and grounded than in a long time. I attended my first proper yoga class last night and I'm rather pleasantly stiff and sore, and still wearing the Om pendant I was given, instead of my Brigid's cross. I feel... the best word I can think of is 'realigned', and very much tempted to keep going to both Monday and Thursday classes, even though that would mean running out of money to pay for them twice as fast.
~St Augustine~

JuniperMorgan

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
    • http://courtneygalloway.wordpress.com/
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2011, 10:40:01 pm »
Quote from: Chatelaine;24364

It's my shift, and I've completed the bones of my cill exchange.  After some sleep I'll move onto the decor/accessories aspect.  Also, need to try and get some writing done!:ashamed:
You can also find my ramblings at my blog although I\'m not the best at regular updates.  I\'m working on fixing that. Or look for me on FB here or Google+ here. :)

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2011, 04:09:58 pm »
Quote from: JuniperMorgan;24797
It's my shift, and

It's been my shift, and I've definitely had a different focus this time around. In my last shifts I've mainly focused on healing, this time it has just been straight adoration.

Brighid has been more on my mind, probably because of the Samhain gift exchange I focused on this month. My Masonic lodge had a church service for our 250th anniversary yesterday, which played on my mind for my shift. The only church services I've been to have been funerals&weddings in probably the last decade, so this one had me thinking a lot about the syncretic pagan&Christian traditions in this islands culture, those in regards to Bríd very apparent, so this one has been all about adoration.
Semper Fidelis

Micheál

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2011, 03:57:04 am »
Quote from: Micheál;25997
It's been my shift, and

I don't associate Brighid with Samhain, but oddly enough as I started my shift yesterday evening which continues today, and today just happens to be the astrological Samhain(Sun 15* Scorpio), and here it's also the 1st frost!!

I can't remember ever seeing both occurrences in one day. My Samhain festivities have already been done, so I'm not personally linking this with Samhain, but will take it as a reminder from Brighid not to forget her associations with the land(I tend to honour her more as a patroness of certain elements)
Semper Fidelis

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 11:47:36 pm »
Quote from: Micheál;29234

It's my shift, and it's that time of year again when sunset is at 5 pm, or, if the sky is like it was today, somewhere around 4:15 instead.

Tomorrow I will be going to Portland to visit a friend and be his plus one for An Evening with Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer. It's certainly fitting to celebrate creativity, hospitality, and connection!
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 09:50:45 am »
Quote from: Finn;29379
It's my shift, and it's that time of year again when sunset is at 5 pm, or, if the sky is like it was today, somewhere around 4:15 instead.

Tomorrow I will be going to Portland to visit a friend and be his plus one for An Evening with Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer. It's certainly fitting to celebrate creativity, hospitality, and connection!

It's my shift, and I have two candles burning and coffee brewing. I plan on writing and cleaning today. Perhaps just writing. Hoping I can hit 45K in Nano (at 35K currently).
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 11:14:38 am »
Quote from: Morag;29779
It's my shift, and I have two candles burning and coffee brewing. I plan on writing and cleaning today. Perhaps just writing. Hoping I can hit 45K in Nano (at 35K currently).

Good luck with Nano.

My shift has come and gone and I barely noticed. I've been struggling with a chest infection for almost three weeks now (since around the last shift, come to think about it). I've missed a few days of school and could do little meditation or other work because the hacking is occasionally too bad to sit up for any length of time. If I'm supposed to learn something from the experience, I hope I figure it out before next time.
~St Augustine~

Tags: