Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: First Cill shift  (Read 2274 times)

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
First Cill shift
« on: June 22, 2014, 07:12:09 pm »
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what others do during their Cill shifts and if any of ye have suggestions for prayers perhaps?

During my first shift I'll be contemplating my trip to Kildare in February and finally writing it out in the notebook I keep.
To say it was a pilgrimage is putting it mildly- my friend and I were soaked, our shoes destroyed in icy sleet/rain (replaced by wellies XD) and we made the trek from Cork in the early hours of the morning to Kildare town via several switching trains.
I have well water to still collect from my friend for my shrine and tomorrow intend to get one of the 'spirals' used to hold tumble stones in pendants to create a necklace to wear during my Cill shifts in the future (I have a lovely piece of Carnelian that I bought on the trip).

Here's a photo of me at the well this year:
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Aster Breo

• View Profile
Re: First Cill shift
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:30:49 am »
Quote from: Cág;150764
Hey everyone,

I was wondering what others do during their Cill shifts and if any of ye have suggestions for prayers perhaps?

You might find some of prayers in the Clann Bhride Book of Hours useful.  You can find info on Clann Bhride (which was created by 4 Cauldronites, including myself) at http://www.clannbhride.wordpress.com.  The Book of Hours is available as either a free pdf download at http://www.lulu.com/shop/clann-bhride/clann-bhride-book-of-hours/ebook/product-21404132.html or a paperback (for a small fee) at http://www.lulu.com/shop/clann-bhride/clann-bhride-book-of-hours/paperback/product-21356926.html.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:16:00 pm by SunflowerP »
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:04:21 am »
Quote from: Aster Breo;150780
You might find some of prayers in the Clann Bhride Book of Hours useful.  You can find info on Clann Bhride (which was created by 4 Cauldronites, including myself) at http://www.clannbhride.wordpress.com.  The Book of Hours is available as either a free pdf download at http://www.lulu.com/shop/clann-bhride/clann-bhride-book-of-hours/ebook/product-21404132.html or a paperback (for a small fee) at http://www.lulu.com/shop/clann-bhride/clann-bhride-book-of-hours/paperback/product-21356926.html.

I forgot about that book! Thank you :)
(I'm in the Facebook group)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:16:53 pm by SunflowerP »

Aster Breo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 01:35:20 pm »
Quote from: Cág;150803
(I'm in the Facebook group)

I thought you were, but we're up to 75 members in the Facebook group, now and my stupid brain can't hold on to all the names, so I wasn't sure.  But I also thought it would be worth listing the links for anyone else who might read this thread.  ;-)
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 07:03:45 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;150809
I thought you were, but we're up to 75 members in the Facebook group, now and my stupid brain can't hold on to all the names, so I wasn't sure.  But I also thought it would be worth listing the links for anyone else who might read this thread.  ;-)

XD Very true.
Thank you :)

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 09:48:58 pm »
Quote from: Cág;150764

Honestly, some shifts I have enough trouble remembering I'm on shift. I'm trying to make better use of my cell phone calendar reminders for that.

When I actual am doing my proper devotionals, I will light a specific red pillar candle I keep for it that's been lit from a Kildare flame candle. I have a statue of Brigit on my shrine, so I'll just stand there and have a chat with Herself. I've never been one to stand on much ceremony, because if I make things too complicated my perfectionism will take over and I'll never get it done.

I would like to take some time to put some of the various prayers and invocations I've collected into their own special notebook that I can leave on the shrine so they're there when I'm ready to use them.

Karen

Tags: