collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: 2015 Imbolc Exchange  (Read 6429 times)

Aster Breo

• View Profile
Re: 2015 Imbolc Exchange?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 09:47:14 pm »
Quote from: Kelly;167520
Pm sent.

Got it and replied with a question.
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Kelly

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 06:24:56 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;167521
Got it and replied with a question.

Answered.
Deflated, but not defeated, I awaken.
Discouraged, but not destroyed, I rise.
Down, but determined, I try again.
~Doe Zantamata

Trying times are not the times to stop trying.
~Ray Owen

Aster Breo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;167497
As promised, here are the instructions for participating in the Imbolc Exchange, modified to accommodate shipping through the end of February.

For those of you who are new to the cill, we do an annual voluntary gift exchange in celebration of Imbolc.  Here's how it works:  Everyone who is interested in participating PMs me (specific instructions below).  I do a (mostly) random draw to assign each participant a recipient.  (Mostly random because I adjust for people who opt out of international shipping.  Again, specifics below.)  Then, participants make a Brighid's cross and/or a brat and send it to their recipient.  That's it.

I assume most Cill members are familiar with Brighid's cross.  If not, here are a couple of links showing the variety of shapes and designs they are made in, a traditional method for making them, and another method.  Traditionally, Brighid's crosses are made of rushes, but exchange participants have used all sorts of materials, including corn husks, pipe cleaners, wire, paper, and fabric.

Brats might be a little less well known, so here's what I posted about them previously:

The last few years' exchanges went well, so I'm just going to reuse those instructions, modified for later shipping options:

If you want to participate, please PM me BY END-OF-DAY on JANUARY 15 and give me your "real" name and your snail-mail address. Also, note whether you are OK with sending a package to someone in a different country. (That can be important, since the postage on international packages can be significantly higher than on domestic packages.)

In addition to the PM, please post in this thread to let me know you've PMed. That gives me a way to check that I've actually got everyone. After I receive your PM, I will acknowledge it via reply PM.

I know that sounds overly complex, but I've learned from experience that this system will head off problems down the road.

By the end of January 20, I will PM you with your recipient's name and address.

Please EITHER plan to send your package in time for your recipient to receive it on or before January 31 so the recipient can put it out for blessing on Imbolc Eve OR plan to put the materials for your gift out for blessing yourself, and then send it after Imbolc.  Either way, the item will receive Brighid's blessing.

If you plan to ship your gift BEFORE Imbolc, ideally, you should aim to get your package in the mail at least one week before January 31.  So, you could go ahead and start planning and making their crosses and/or brats, so they're ready to go when you get your recipient's contact info.

if you plan to ship your gift AFTER Imbolc, please try to send it by the end of February, so it doesn't get put off indefinitely and then forgotten.

Finally, please remember that this exchange is NOT about spending a lot of money. It's about celebrating together with our Cill-mates and sharing Imbolc with each other. Nobody should feel that they have to spend much money on this project. We strongly encourage using found materials for your cross and/or brat, if possible, and inexpensive materials, if you need to purchase something.

I think that's everything, but if you have questions, please post here and ask.

Let the PMing begin!

~ Aster

Just bumping this thread to remind people to contact me if they want to participate this year.

Finn

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seanchasfinn.wordpress.com
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 02:00:09 am »
Quote from: Aster Breo;168814
Just bumping this thread to remind people to contact me if they want to participate this year.

Good thing you did -- I totally spaced. PMed!
Fight evil: read books.

Blogging at: An Seanchas Finn

Aster Breo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 02:01:31 am »
Quote from: Finn;168867
Good thing you did -- I totally spaced. PMed!

:-D

Got your PM. Thanks.

Kelly

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 01:34:38 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;168868
:-D

Bumping this in case people need a reminder. (Or, like me, completely forgot about it and freaked out for a minute. :whis:)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:54:34 pm by SunflowerP »
Deflated, but not defeated, I awaken.
Discouraged, but not destroyed, I rise.
Down, but determined, I try again.
~Doe Zantamata

Trying times are not the times to stop trying.
~Ray Owen

Sage

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sageandstarshine.wordpress.com
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 03:50:14 pm »
Quote from: Kelly;169265
Bumping this in case people need a reminder. (Or, like me, completely forgot about it and freaked out for a minute. :whis:)

Hey everyone! Got a message from Jake today that he'd like to participate but is currently experiencing an internet outage. When he gets back online he'll PM his address information to whoever needs it. :)
Maker, though the darkness comes upon me,
I shall embrace the light. I shall weather the storm.
I shall endure.
What you have created, no one can tear asunder.

-Canticle of Trials 1:10

Sage and Starshine (my spiritual blog): last updated 2/25.
Friday Otherfaith Blogging: last updated 2/27
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013.

Aster Breo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 06:40:24 pm »
Quote from: Sage;169380
Hey everyone! Got a message from Jake today that he'd like to participate but is currently experiencing an internet outage. When he gets back online he'll PM his address information to whoever needs it. :)

Ok. I'll be sure to include him. He should pm me his contact info asap.

Any idea how he feels about international shipping?

Aster Breo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »
This is one last bump.  If you want to participate in this year's Imbolc exchange, please contact me tonight.  I'll be doing the name draw tomorrow.

Quote from: Aster Breo;167497
As promised, here are the instructions for participating in the Imbolc Exchange, modified to accommodate shipping through the end of February.

For those of you who are new to the cill, we do an annual voluntary gift exchange in celebration of Imbolc.  Here's how it works:  Everyone who is interested in participating PMs me (specific instructions below).  I do a (mostly) random draw to assign each participant a recipient.  (Mostly random because I adjust for people who opt out of international shipping.  Again, specifics below.)  Then, participants make a Brighid's cross and/or a brat and send it to their recipient.  That's it.

I assume most Cill members are familiar with Brighid's cross.  If not, here are a couple of links showing the variety of shapes and designs they are made in, a traditional method for making them, and another method.  Traditionally, Brighid's crosses are made of rushes, but exchange participants have used all sorts of materials, including corn husks, pipe cleaners, wire, paper, and fabric.

Brats might be a little less well known, so here's what I posted about them previously:

The last few years' exchanges went well, so I'm just going to reuse those instructions, modified for later shipping options:

If you want to participate, please PM me BY END-OF-DAY on JANUARY 15 and give me your "real" name and your snail-mail address. Also, note whether you are OK with sending a package to someone in a different country. (That can be important, since the postage on international packages can be significantly higher than on domestic packages.)

In addition to the PM, please post in this thread to let me know you've PMed. That gives me a way to check that I've actually got everyone. After I receive your PM, I will acknowledge it via reply PM.

I know that sounds overly complex, but I've learned from experience that this system will head off problems down the road.

By the end of January 20, I will PM you with your recipient's name and address.

Please EITHER plan to send your package in time for your recipient to receive it on or before January 31 so the recipient can put it out for blessing on Imbolc Eve OR plan to put the materials for your gift out for blessing yourself, and then send it after Imbolc.  Either way, the item will receive Brighid's blessing.

If you plan to ship your gift BEFORE Imbolc, ideally, you should aim to get your package in the mail at least one week before January 31.  So, you could go ahead and start planning and making their crosses and/or brats, so they're ready to go when you get your recipient's contact info.

if you plan to ship your gift AFTER Imbolc, please try to send it by the end of February, so it doesn't get put off indefinitely and then forgotten.

Finally, please remember that this exchange is NOT about spending a lot of money. It's about celebrating together with our Cill-mates and sharing Imbolc with each other. Nobody should feel that they have to spend much money on this project. We strongly encourage using found materials for your cross and/or brat, if possible, and inexpensive materials, if you need to purchase something.

I think that's everything, but if you have questions, please post here and ask.

Let the PMing begin!

~ Aster

SunflowerP

• Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 11:06:42 pm »
Got a message from Jake today that he'd like to participate

'Per', I think, unless there's been a change?

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Sarah

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 12:21:25 am »

Thanks Sage

Aster I PM'd you

and Yes SunflowerP is right my prefered pronoun is "Per"
Knowing when to use a shovel is what being a witch is all about. Nanny Ogg, Witches Abroad

Aster Breo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 08:59:05 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;169399

Just letting everyone know that I've completed the name draw for the Imbolc exchange, and sent PMs to all participants.  If you PMed me to ask to participate and you do not have a PM from me with your recipient's shipping info, please let me know ASAP via PM or email (asterbreo@gmail.com).

Remember:  Please EITHER plan to send your package in time for your recipient to receive it on or before January 31 so the recipient can put it out for blessing on Imbolc Eve OR plan to put the materials for your gift out for blessing yourself, and then send it after Imbolc, by the end of February.

Once you've received your gift, if you want to post a thank you to your sender and/or pics of your gift, please feel free to do that in this thread.  It's always fun to see how creative everyone is!

Happy Imbolc!

~ Aster

Tags: