collapse

Author Topic: Open for Testing -- Please post here  (Read 4695 times)

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
Re: Open for Testing -- Please post here
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2017, 09:25:11 pm »
Did you log in twice the first time you tried? When you long in for the first time on the converted board, it cannot read your vbulletin password, so it tries to converts it and brings up the login page again (with a request for you to long in a second time buried in the text). If you typo your password either time or fail to try to log in the second time as it asks, the software seems to get confused.  It's not the best system but the alternative the system not trying to convert the passwords and everyone having to request a new password.
Sasha testing Tapatalk (from Grand Cayman!), everything seems to be working okay. I didn't even have to re-sign in, which was good considering I don't remember my login.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2017, 09:49:51 pm »
Sasha testing Tapatalk (from Grand Cayman!), everything seems to be working okay. I didn't even have to re-sign in, which was good considering I don't remember my login.

So in trying to update my avatar from Android Tapatalk (no computer for regular access) after I upload the picture it does the "unfortunately Tapatalk has stopped" force close. I'm not sure if this is a Tapatalk or SMF issue, but I figured I'd mention it.

(Also hoping my screenshot posts as I always seem to have trouble with pictures.)
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 06:26:52 am »
So in trying to update my avatar from Android Tapatalk (no computer for regular access) after I upload the picture it does the "unfortunately Tapatalk has stopped" force close. I'm not sure if this is a Tapatalk or SMF issue, but I figured I'd mention it.

As no one has reported trouble like this uploading their avatar directly (that is, using a browser and not using Tapatalk), I have to assume it is a Tapatalk issue. Perphaps Tapatalk expects the avatar storage location to be the standard location where this board uses the custim location feature of SMF to increase the server efficiency of the board -- or perhaps Tapatalk does not like one of our board's mods or.... We allow Tapatalk use, but can't do much when it has issues
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Dynes Hysbys

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Cunning Craft
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2017, 09:33:29 am »
. I didn't even have to re-sign in, which was good considering I don't remember my login.

Neither did I - which was fabulous as I'm not sure of my login either!  Had some difficulty in accessing my profile but I was trying to click on the big avatar rather than the tiny inconspicuous one on the top right but once I did that all was fine. It even recognises Wales as a country!

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 04:07:21 am »

Yay, we're back!
I've downloaded tapatalk but cant seem to get it to work. Not sure if its this board or just me being an idiot. But the pc is working just fine.

Good work Randall!  :-*
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 06:24:49 am »
I've downloaded tapatalk but cant seem to get it to work. Not sure if its this board or just me being an idiot. But the pc is working just fine.

Others are getting Tapatalk to work -- not perfectly, but work.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 09:52:34 am »
Others are getting Tapatalk to work -- not perfectly, but work.
Yeah it works normally for me, it was just that attempt to update my avatar that it didn't like.

Tags: