Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Author Topic: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Changing the Guard at The Cauldron  (Read 6049 times)

Hariti

• Sr. Master Member
  • Kyrie Eleison
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Extremely Eclectic
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/they
Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Changing the Guard at The Cauldron
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 07:26:40 am »
And with that Lyric and I formally turn the hosting duties over to Sunflower.

Godspeed Randall. Good luck moving forward with your life. You have left TC in capable hands! I am certain Sunflower will make an excellent site host.
"The worshippers of the gods go to them; to the manes go the ancestor-worshippers; to the Deities who preside over the elements go their worshippers; My devotees come to Me." ... "Whichever devotee desires to adore whatever such Deity with faith, in all such votaries I make that particular faith unshakable. Endowed with that faith, a votary performs the worship of that particular deity and obtains the fruits thereof, these being granted by Me alone." - Sri Krishna

Starlight

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Contemplative/Christian/Eclectic
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 09:37:38 am »
It's been almost 22 years since TC started. I was 40 back then. I'm now 62 and Lyric's health issues (now including MS) are demanding more and more of my time. If The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum is to have any chance of surviving another 20 years, it is time for Lyric and myself to step down from our host duties and let others run The Cauldron.
[snip]
I would like to thank Sunflower for agreeing to accept the position of Host and all the headaches that come with the position. Lyric and I believe we are leaving The Cauldron in good hands. I'd also like to thank the staff of The Cauldron -- present and past -- for all their hard work over the years. It's been our pleasure to work with all of you. Finally, I'd like to thank the members of The Cauldron as without active members the The Cauldron would be just another forum killed by social media. May the Gods bless you all.

I would like to add my thanks to Randall and Lyric for setting up and running this forum. 22 years is a long time! Wishing you both all the very best for the future.

And congratulations to Sunflower. Here's to another 22 years (at least!).
What you seek is seeking you. - Rumi

The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. - CG Jung

Jabberwocky

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2019, 10:59:40 am »
On December 13, 1997 -- after three frustrating days when only Elspeth Sapphire, Ann Wilson, and myself could post -- The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum opened its doors to the general public on the Delphi online service. The forum was an instant success with 60 or 70 messages posted that December and hitting 1000 messages within six months or so. That's 1000 messages total, not 1000 messages a month.

The Cauldron was started as a Yule gift from me to Elspeth -- you had to pay Delphi for forums back then (six months in advance). It was staffed by Elspeth, Ann, and myself with an able assist from our friends from the dying GEnie Online Service. We started a web site for the forum in the web space I got with my Delphi account in January of 1998, although we did not get domain name for a couple of years.

LyricFox was added as a fourth Co-Host a few years later as Elspeth's health and Ann's real life meant that they were not always available. LyricFox and I shouldered most of the hosting duties up until 2014 when Lyric's mom passed away, Lyric's health worsened, and Lyric's decided to focus her remaining spoons on her animal rescue work. While she was still a Co-Host and had input on just about every TC decision I made, she was no longer active on the board.

It's been almost 22 years since TC started. I was 40 back then. I'm now 62 and Lyric's health issues (now including MS) are demanding more and more of my time. If The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum is to have any chance of surviving another 20 years, it is time for Lyric and myself to step down from our host duties and let others run The Cauldron. Effective today, SunflowerP is The Cauldron's Host with almost all the powers Lyric and I held as Co-Hosts. I am now Site Administrator. That means I will handle all the server-side background stuff that keeps The Cauldron on the Internet and that's about it. I also have to approve any promotions to Senior Staff or Host (as those positions have limited server powers). Sunflower as Host will have full control of just about everything else. Basically, as Site Admin I "hire" Hosts and let them do their job. I will not be disappearing completely, of course, but you will probably see much less of me than you do now -- and you haven't seen that much of me recently.

I would like to thank Sunflower for agreeing to accept the position of Host and all the headaches that come with the position. Lyric and I believe we are leaving The Cauldron in good hands. I'd also like to thank the staff of The Cauldron -- present and past -- for all their hard work over the years. It's been our pleasure to work with all of you. Finally, I'd like to thank the members of The Cauldron as without active members the The Cauldron would be just another forum killed by social media. May the Gods bless you all.

So this is what happens when I leave you all unattended. ;)

Congrats to Sunflower and many thanks to Lyric and Randall for making this all possible.
Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 06:19:57 pm »
So this is what happens when I leave you all unattended. ;)

That's easily fixed: don't wander off for months at a time ;D.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 11:48:27 am »
That's easily fixed: don't wander off for months at a time ;D.

Sunflower

Just months is better than some of us...  ;D

Randall, many thanks and blessings. Under your moderation, this place has been a gift to a lot of people over many years. Sunflower, congrats and good luck!
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Quill

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Currently Soul-Searching
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 06:12:35 pm »
On December 13, 1997 -- after three frustrating days when only Elspeth Sapphire, Ann Wilson, and myself could post -- The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum opened its doors to the general public on the Delphi online service. The forum was an instant success with 60 or 70 messages posted that December and hitting 1000 messages within six months or so. That's 1000 messages total, not 1000 messages a month.

The Cauldron was started as a Yule gift from me to Elspeth -- you had to pay Delphi for forums back then (six months in advance). It was staffed by Elspeth, Ann, and myself with an able assist from our friends from the dying GEnie Online Service. We started a web site for the forum in the web space I got with my Delphi account in January of 1998, although we did not get domain name for a couple of years.

LyricFox was added as a fourth Co-Host a few years later as Elspeth's health and Ann's real life meant that they were not always available. LyricFox and I shouldered most of the hosting duties up until 2014 when Lyric's mom passed away, Lyric's health worsened, and Lyric's decided to focus her remaining spoons on her animal rescue work. While she was still a Co-Host and had input on just about every TC decision I made, she was no longer active on the board.

It's been almost 22 years since TC started. I was 40 back then. I'm now 62 and Lyric's health issues (now including MS) are demanding more and more of my time. If The Cauldron: A Pagan Forum is to have any chance of surviving another 20 years, it is time for Lyric and myself to step down from our host duties and let others run The Cauldron. Effective today, SunflowerP is The Cauldron's Host with almost all the powers Lyric and I held as Co-Hosts. I am now Site Administrator. That means I will handle all the server-side background stuff that keeps The Cauldron on the Internet and that's about it. I also have to approve any promotions to Senior Staff or Host (as those positions have limited server powers). Sunflower as Host will have full control of just about everything else. Basically, as Site Admin I "hire" Hosts and let them do their job. I will not be disappearing completely, of course, but you will probably see much less of me than you do now -- and you haven't seen that much of me recently.

I'm a fairly new (and more lurk-y user) but I wanted to thank you for creating this site. It's been a valuable resource in my path and was the only place I felt comfortable posting about my dilemma. Godspeed!

AineLlewellyn

• Journeyman
  • 2020 resolution? goth
    • View Profile
    • of the Other People
  • Religion: New Religious Trad/New Gods (Otherfaith)
  • Preferred Pronouns: He/Him They/Them
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2019, 03:37:44 pm »

Thank you for creating and maintaining this space. It has been a wonderful place to meet friends and learn new things. I look forward to its long future!

Tags: