collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: ADMIN: TC's 14th Anniversary  (Read 5954 times)

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
Re: ADMIN: TC's 14th Anniversary....
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 06:26:57 pm »
Quote from: Finn;35617
In terms of real age, I'm not the youngest or even the punkiest. But in TC age, I'm pretty sure I'm with the middle agers. I'll have to dig up the old thread again and see how long I've been here: I forget every time this comes up and Sunflower usually reminds me. :p

I got tired of looking it up, so I put it in my profile.  I wonder if lurkers have a different age rate.  I think I was here for 2 years before I posted anything.  And then it was only rarely.  I missed almost all of the first beehive incarnation.

I joined just after Elspeth stopped posting.  Long enough that I didn't read any of her posts when I was 'catching up' so that she seemed almost like a mythical figure.  But not long enough that I'm not aware of the... indignant amusement? we don't have a good word for it... she'd feel over being called mythical.
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 07:09:50 pm »
Quote from: drekfletch;36098
But not long enough that I'm not aware of the... indignant amusement? we don't have a good word for it... she'd feel over being called mythical.

LOL. Yes, she would have been amused and annoyed at the same time at being considered "mythical".
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »
Quote from: drekfletch;36098
I joined just after Elspeth stopped posting.  Long enough that I didn't read any of her posts when I was 'catching up' so that she seemed almost like a mythical figure.  But not long enough that I'm not aware of the... indignant amusement? we don't have a good word for it... she'd feel over being called mythical.

You might not have missed her altogether - occasionally there'd be a span of time, a few days or weeks, in which she felt well enough to post some (I see, checking the SMF archive, that she managed 179 posts there); that's why I had a chance to get to know her a little.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

drekfletch

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Polytheist. Hellenic-ish
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2011, 09:45:17 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;36601
You might not have missed her altogether - occasionally there'd be a span of time, a few days or weeks, in which she felt well enough to post some (I see, checking the SMF archive, that she managed 179 posts there); that's why I had a chance to get to know her a little.

Not altogether, but sporadic posting isn't anything like being a regular.  Also, I missed most the (first, I think) beehive board; I think I read more posts by Ghost than by Elspeth.
There is no inherent meaning to life.  Stop looking and give your life meaning.
------------------------------------------
Chapter 91 of The Order War by L.E.Modesitt jr.  If I could quote the entire thing I would.

Tags: