collapse

Author Topic: ADMIN: Scheduled Server Hardware Maintenance for Tuesday May 7, 2013  (Read 1844 times)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
From Linode:

We have scheduled a maintenance window for the physical server where your Linode is hosted:

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 between 11:00AM UTC and 11:55AM UTC

Downtime  from this maintenance is expected to be no more than 45 minutes,  however please note that the entire maintenance window may be required.  Your Linode will be gracefully powered down and rebooted during the  maintenance. Services not configured to start on a reboot will need to  be manually started.
11am UTC is 6am CDT Tuesday morning if I'm figuring correctly. Most things will come back up on their own. The MUX and of course, the thrice-be-damned flash security server the Flash MUX client needs, will not. I'll manually start them ASAP. The MUX will probably be back for those using their own clients within an hour or so of the server maintenance ending. The flash web client will probably be later in the morning (or worse), depending on how hard it is to get the stupid security server to work correctly.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
Quote from: RandallS;107705
From Linode:

11am UTC is 6am CDT Tuesday morning if I'm figuring correctly.

I've seen reports that this maintenance sometimes takes longer than predicted. Remember if things go south for a long period of time, you can get info on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thecauldronforum and on our http://sitestatus.ecauldron.org/ page (which is hosted on Google, not Linode).
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
Quote from: RandallS;107901

We seem to be back up. I have the MUX running. I hope I have the blasted Flash policy server running correctly as the Flash Mud client seems to work.
Randall

Tags: