collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: Cauldron Book Club?  (Read 388 times)

Altair

• Adept Member
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Cauldron Book Club?
« on: March 16, 2017, 08:41:58 am »
Maybe I've just missed it all these years, but have we ever tried a pagan book club here--where we all decide on a pagan-themed book, read it by a certain date, and then discuss in a thread? Would there be any interest in that?

Kylara

• Sr. Master Member
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
Re: Cauldron Book Club?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:26:31 am »
Quote from: Altair;203772
Maybe I've just missed it all these years, but have we ever tried a pagan book club here--where we all decide on a pagan-themed book, read it by a certain date, and then discuss in a thread? Would there be any interest in that?

I remember one a while back, where we were working on reading Transportation.  Instead of reading the whole book then discussing, the plan was one chapter a month (or something like that).  But it sort of fell through after a couple of months, people got busy with life and got behind.

I like the idea of a book club, but depending on the book and the pace the group was working on it (while I do read quickly, I have a bunch of stuff going on, so being able to dedicate big chunks of time to another project probably won't happen) I may or may not actually be able to participate.
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Polytheist, Witch, Scribe, Kemetic Monastic, Druid
  • Preferred Pronouns: xe/hir/xem
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:50:30 am »

I have a vague memory of a discussion like this ages ago, but I can't remember if it was here or elsewhere. Either way, I'd be interested, depending on the books. I'd also be interested in something that challenges us to get through our Still To Read piles, and share reviews once we're done. I'd only stipulate that whatever books might be chosen should have kindle editions, or I'll be stuck waiting weeks for things to ship to me, so yeah. Count me as an interested party.
Sobekemiti Isetemsaf | Queer Polytheist and Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are xe/hir/xem
Dreamwidth Journal | Per Sebek: The House of Sebek
Shedety Scriptorium - my new Etsy shop, selling handmade journals, prayer beads, and other sacred items.

Vixen

• Sr. Apprentice
    Attack Member
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 06:40:24 am »

Definitely interested! But like Kylara I have a lot going on in my life atm so I can't promise I can keep up.
I love Sobekemiti's idea of going through your reading pile and post a review. I have lots of books around I still need to go through. Not in the least Drawing down the moon. *hides in shame*
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

Kylara

• Sr. Master Member
    Attack Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:47:05 am »
Quote from: Vixen;203956
Definitely interested! But like Kylara I have a lot going on in my life atm so I can't promise I can keep up.
I love Sobekemiti's idea of going through your reading pile and post a review. I have lots of books around I still need to go through. Not in the least Drawing down the moon. *hides in shame*

This is already on my to-do list (quite literally, I have a "books to review" section in my planner, and am scheduling reading the current book in my daily tasks, though it often gets pushed to last).

Books that high on my "to read and review list":  Goddess in America, Baldur's Magic, Norse Runes.  I'm partway through all of them (Goddess in America is top on the list, as I got my copy for reviewing purposes, and I've been really slow on reading it)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Tags: