Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: SilverWolf  (Read 2699 times)

Rhyshadow

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: SilverWolf
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 10:15:56 pm »
Quote from: victoreia;80378
I was going to ask if the publisher was Llewellyn, but I see it isn't.

I would hesitate to buy any titles by a publisher that doesn't do at least a *little* fact-checking.

I browsed the "body, mind & spirit" categories, looked at the Kahuna title, and have to wonder if they're an imprint or something. Because just the book's description sounds..... I'm not very knowledgeable w/r/t Hawaiian religion, but I've lived here for 30 years and it sounds like the author just slapped a Hawaiian shirt on Wiccan concepts.

Sounds like a student of the Edain McCoy school of paths - only McCoy slapped a little more Irish onto Wicca and called it Witta - which is funny since old Irish doesn't even have the letter 'W' in the alphabet

Zoness

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 06:17:06 pm »
Quote from: tiggerhomemom;80217

Nevermind how wrong the site is about a lot of things, its all in HTML1 with no concept of modern web design practices. That should render invalid anyways, in my opinion. :sick:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:55:45 pm by SunflowerP »

Rayne

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 07:00:04 pm »
Quote from: Snowdrop;80388

~ Wicca is not a religion; it's a denomination of a religion called Witchcraft.  
~ In fact, Wicca, Asatru, Feri, Golden Dawn, and many more are all in the same religion!  
~ Apparently most pagan religions are a form of Witchcraft?  (Which is a bit unfortunate for me given that I'm not a witch.  I guess I'd better leave now.  Been nice knowing you guys.)
~ Germanic languages are magic maybe?  
~ English, Celtic languages, and some Romance languages are all forms of the East Germanic language Gothic.
~ Neo-pagans must meld together every tradition that has existed ever.  
~ Murray discovered Dianic Wicca.
~ Old English was the only IE language used between 600 and 1100.  (Did linguistics kill this woman's puppy or something?)
~ Everything in the world before 700 was prehistory.  (???)  
~ 13th century Englishmen and women were Anglo-Saxon witches!!!

I hadn't checked this thread yet and I nearly choked reading this. Um.....really?

I haven't gone to this site either and I believe I shall avoid it now.

Seems the words 'silver' and 'wolf' together make for interesting history and facts.......
For All That I Am..For All That I See
For All I\'m A Part Of..For All That Sees Me

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 07:17:33 pm »
Quote from: Zoness;81490
Nevermind how wrong the site is about a lot of things, its all in HTML1 with no concept of modern web design practices. That should render invalid anyways, in my opinion. :sick:

That would render much of the information on our web site "invalid" as we lack the time to update the HTML on several thousand pages, some dating back to 1998. The validity of the the human-readable information displayed by a web page is not affected by the level of HTML used or whether the HTML validates against some standard.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

LadyoftheLake

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 12:50:20 am »
Quote from: Zoness;81490

I think this site has been around for a while because I would swear I saw it years ago when I was trying to figure out what I believed in.  It was NOT helpful

Quote from: RandallS;80396
I'm so glad I did not have time to actually read this site yesterday. That's an amazing set of "facts".

There is no end to how amazing it is.  I was kind of amazed it was still around...

FollowerofOdin

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 11:20:39 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;80221
Sounds to me like someone is trying to capitalize on Silver RavenWolf.  I'm not inclined to look further.

People will do anything to make money.

Tags:

Beginner Area

Warning: You are currently in a Beginner Friendly area of the message board.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 303
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Allaya, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Ashmire, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

'Up All Night' Coordinator:
Altair

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Chatelaine, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal