collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Pagan Podcasts  (Read 1332 times)

dragonfaerie

• Master Member
  • Priestess of Caffeina
    • View Profile
    • Soylent Purple
  • Religion: Wicca & Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Pagan Podcasts
« on: March 23, 2014, 06:17:44 pm »
I post a thread on this somewhat regularly... anyone have any pagan podcasts that they listen to and would like to recommend?

The only ones I'm currently listening to are New World Witchery, Druidcast, and the Celtic Myth Podshow. There were some others I'd dropped, and others that have podfaded. I'm personally more interested in ones that aren't just covering beginner topics and aren't 2 hour random gabfests.

Karen
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:19:14 pm by dragonfaerie »

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
Re: Pagan Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 06:32:30 pm »
Quote from: dragonfaerie;143442
I post a thread on this somewhat regularly... anyone have any pagan podcasts that they listen to and would like to recommend?

The only ones I'm currently listening to are New World Witchery, Druidcast, and the Celtic Myth Podshow. There were some others I'd dropped, and others that have podfaded. I'm personally more interested in ones that aren't just covering beginner topics and aren't 2 hour random gabfests.

Karen

Well,  there is mine :D Divine Community.  We could be accused to having podfaded,  but we're hoping to get back to it soon,  when my work lets up a bit.  Shad, veggie,  Morag and Sage have all been on it,  and I'm hoping some others from these parts might consider being on in future.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:05:27 am »
Quote from: dragonfaerie;143442

Karen

Since no one else has suggested any, here are my suggestions:

- Lamplighter Blues - mainly about hoodoo, by two traditional workers. They go into a lot of depth.
- Down at the Crossroads - used to be called 'The Infinite and the Beyond'. The host does interviews with some really good guests - serious practitioners of various things.
- Standing Stone and Garden Gate - doesn't produce much anymore, but occasionally comes out with some interesting lectures. Brendan Myers is excellent.
- The Crooked Path podcast - I don't agree with everything that Peter Paddon comes out with, but he's very entertaining and has some good ideas.
 - Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour - there's a whole community formed around Cat Yronwode's website and podcast, and there's some really fantastic information and ideas in the podcast. They try to stay rooted (hah - no pun intended) in hoodoo's African American cultural context.
- Another Pagan Podcast, which not everyone here likes, but I quite enjoy. Chats between a Hellenic, Kemetic and atheist who all come from a Wiccan background.

Those are the main ones I listen to now. I used to listen to more, but some have become weird, others have disappeared, and some I've just moved beyond.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Night Owl

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 10:36:01 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;143565

- Another Pagan Podcast, which not everyone here likes, but I quite enjoy. Chats between a Hellenic, Kemetic and atheist who all come from a Wiccan background.

I came here to suggest this podcast, because I'm one of the people who like it. I'll have to check out some of the others posted here: they look interesting. I'd like to know why some people don't like their podcast, it's quite good and the people who run it are actually really helpful.

Tags: