collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Druidry Resources  (Read 1616 times)

Nymree

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Druidry Resources
« on: August 23, 2017, 05:15:31 pm »
Hi all,

I feel like I've started to find a place in my spiritual path that really works with me, though I'm still researching and need time to find if I can commit to it. I wanted to ask if anyone knows any really good courses for Druidry, such as the one on the BOD website. Any good books, a heads up about any free resources would be overwhelmingly appreciated as I'm soon to be a full-time student at university (a part of the reason behind my hesitation to commit yet). I'm currently info-gathering and making loads of notes in my Grimoire, but I'm ready to at least look into courses and invest in some more time and money consuming resources.

Thanks to any and all replies made!

Blessed Be,

- Nymree

Starlight

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Contemplative/Christian/Eclectic
Re: Druidry Resources
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 03:43:08 am »
Hi all,

I feel like I've started to find a place in my spiritual path that really works with me, though I'm still researching and need time to find if I can commit to it. I wanted to ask if anyone knows any really good courses for Druidry, such as the one on the BOD website. Any good books, a heads up about any free resources would be overwhelmingly appreciated as I'm soon to be a full-time student at university (a part of the reason behind my hesitation to commit yet). I'm currently info-gathering and making loads of notes in my Grimoire, but I'm ready to at least look into courses and invest in some more time and money consuming resources.

Thanks to any and all replies made!

Blessed Be,

- Nymree

I found this list of resources some time ago. https://druidnetwork.org/what-is-druidry/learning-resources/ It includes both free and paid courses, as well as articles. There may be something here that will resonate with you. :)
What you seek is seeking you. - Rumi

The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. - CG Jung

Waldhexe

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Druidry
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/her
Re: Druidry Resources
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 11:13:14 am »
Hi all,

I feel like I've started to find a place in my spiritual path that really works with me, though I'm still researching and need time to find if I can commit to it. I wanted to ask if anyone knows any really good courses for Druidry, such as the one on the BOD website. Any good books, a heads up about any free resources would be overwhelmingly appreciated
I want to take the OBOD bardic course because I like the try-out lections in the info package and I know a few people who have also taken the course. My impression is that the course gives you new impulses every week (information, practical exercises etc.), but is relatively open/eclectic so I can pursue it in my own way.

I also like the druidic animal and plant oracle from Philipp & Stephanie Carr-Gomm. The lore in those books was what got me interested in druidry, but at first glance druidry looks like a diverse path where people come at from different angles, so I think it's quit difficult to get an introductory overview.

A
 friend recommended 'What do Druids belief?' from Carr-Comm which I found a good quick introductory read, but I think he comes mainly from the OBOD viewpoint.

From what I've seen if ADF for example it's a very different approach to druidry, though I don't have enough experience to really explain the differences, I just got the first impression that ADF is more recon and OBOD more eclectic.

Tags: