Re: moses or mose by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 09:48:58 pm]

moses or mose by Larix
[Yesterday at 08:24:25 pm]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by Ashmire
[March 14, 2024, 01:21:17 am]

Re: "2001: A Space Odyssey" Becomes Real? by atr
[March 14, 2024, 01:15:08 am]

Author Topic: Are there any good non-Wiccan podcasts?  (Read 4089 times)

zeldazelda

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Unknown
Are there any good non-Wiccan podcasts?
« on: December 04, 2017, 11:20:53 am »
Hi everyone,

First, let me say that I have searched the forum for pagan podcasts. I found a few posts, but I wasn't able to find anything specific to non-Wiccan podcasts.

I'm new to paganism so I don't have a label, but I know that Wicca isn't a good fit for me. Does anyone know of any good podcasts out there for non-Wiccan or eclectic paganism? I'd be open to hearing about other paths too, such as Druidry, Chaos Magick, reconstructionist paganism, etc.

I prefer podcasts that are content-heavy and straightforward, and that aren't "gabfests" (as someone else on the forum so eloquently put it). I'm basically looking for as much information as possible, since I'm running into blocks finding info on YouTube and in my library. Thank you!

Uneryx

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: it's eclectic (woogie woogie woogie)
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Are there any good non-Wiccan podcasts?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 03:06:41 pm »
Hi everyone,

First, let me say that I have searched the forum for pagan podcasts. I found a few posts, but I wasn't able to find anything specific to non-Wiccan podcasts.

I'm new to paganism so I don't have a label, but I know that Wicca isn't a good fit for me. Does anyone know of any good podcasts out there for non-Wiccan or eclectic paganism? I'd be open to hearing about other paths too, such as Druidry, Chaos Magick, reconstructionist paganism, etc.

I prefer podcasts that are content-heavy and straightforward, and that aren't "gabfests" (as someone else on the forum so eloquently put it). I'm basically looking for as much information as possible, since I'm running into blocks finding info on YouTube and in my library. Thank you!

Hmm. I don't know if I have any recommendations that aren't gab-fest-y. I like Rune Soup, but that's an interview format so IDK if that's what you're looking for.

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 03:20:37 pm »

I've been dipping in and out of The Hermit's Lamp which is usually the host plus a guest (sometimes more than one) talking about a moderately structured topic. Wide range of topics, so you can dip in and out and/or use the guest list to see if there are people you're interested in learning more about/checking out their other stuff.

Some of it is definitely more intermediate level, in the sense you may need some context to understand why they're talking about a thing, but I think you can usually tell from the blurbs which those might be.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

zeldazelda

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:03:57 pm »
Hmm. I don't know if I have any recommendations that aren't gab-fest-y. I like Rune Soup, but that's an interview format so IDK if that's what you're looking for.

I'll definitely check that out, thank you! Interview-style podcasts are great.

zeldazelda

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:04:53 pm »
I've been dipping in and out of The Hermit's Lamp which is usually the host plus a guest (sometimes more than one) talking about a moderately structured topic.

Whoa, that's perfect... I like it already. Thanks for the recommendation!

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 10:41:04 pm »

Seconding Rune Soup.
I used to listen to New World Witchery quite a bit, which I remember being pretty good and not strictly Wiccan - it's more folk magic IIRC. Haven't kept up on it, though.

Sorcha

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 12:38:40 pm »
Hi everyone,

It's HARD finding good pagan content; I'm constantly looking so I know what you mean. I second Rune Soup and New World Witchery. Pagan Gumbo is also good, although they're on hiatus right now. And DruidCast is good; they have a lot of music but the "talky bits" are usually excellent. There are interviews and lectures by some pretty big names in Druidry in there. And the music is good if you're looking for that. Down at the Crossroads is also good. They do interviews, but they're not too rambly. If you want like a thousand hours of content on hoodoo, Lucky Mojo has their own podcast as well.

My hands down favorite pagan YouTubers, by the way, are Kelly Ann Maddox and Molly Roberts. Molly is deceptively fluffy-seeming but she has some excellent content on incorporating art into what you do. She's not Wiccan; she probably falls under eclectic goddess spirituality. Kelly Ann has a small mountain of video content on tarot, magic, designing your own path, self-care, etc. She's an eclectic witch who practices her own version of chaos magic, so definitely not Wiccan either.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 03:09:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

Down at the Crossroads
can sometimes get a little gabby, but I've always appreciated its attention to showing diverse viewpoints and the thoroughness with which its hosts and guests discuss their given topics.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Oíche

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Irish Polytheism/Druidry/Initiatory Witchcraft
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 06:55:03 pm »
My hands down favorite pagan YouTubers, by the way, are Kelly Ann Maddox and Molly Roberts. Molly is deceptively fluffy-seeming but she has some excellent content on incorporating art into what you do. She's not Wiccan; she probably falls under eclectic goddess spirituality. Kelly Ann has a small mountain of video content on tarot, magic, designing your own path, self-care, etc. She's an eclectic witch who practices her own version of chaos magic, so definitely not Wiccan either.

Seconding Sorcha's suggestion of Druidcast, I really enjoy that one too. Also Kelly-Ann Maddox is fabulous along with Molly Roberts!

I would also recommend Story Archaeology if you like Irish mythology.
'You're my friend, and I love you- but you really look like a witch!!'

Vixen

• Journeyman
  • We're all mad here
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 08:25:35 am »
Seconding Sorcha's suggestion of Druidcast, I really enjoy that one too. Also Kelly-Ann Maddox is fabulous along with Molly Roberts!

I would also recommend Story Archaeology if you like Irish mythology.

I see druidcast is featuring Omnia this time. Its an awesome Dutch band that I absolutely love! I've seen them live many many times. Worth a listen!
You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it.

milkeyedmender

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
  • Religion: pagan. kitchen witch.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 01:43:06 pm »
It's HARD finding good pagan content; I'm constantly looking so I know what you mean. I second Rune Soup and New World Witchery. Pagan Gumbo is also good, although they're on hiatus right now. And DruidCast is good; they have a lot of music but the "talky bits" are usually excellent. There are interviews and lectures by some pretty big names in Druidry in there. And the music is good if you're looking for that. Down at the Crossroads is also good. They do interviews, but they're not too rambly. If you want like a thousand hours of content on hoodoo, Lucky Mojo has their own podcast as well.

I’m not sure this will be up your alley, but here are my favs:

Celtic Tomes
Celtic myths
Mythos (on hiatus)
The folklore podcast
Betwixt and between (only old episodes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk