Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: General Questions: Weird Error  (Read 2279 times)

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Weird Error
« on: April 26, 2018, 02:50:17 am »
I tried responding to TheGreenWizard's thread about technology, and got a 403 error:

But I've been able to respond to other things, and my computer is completely clean.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:43:05 am by Jenett »
For he who has truly lived never truly dies.

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Error
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 03:07:12 am »
I tried responding to TheGreenWizard's thread about technology, and got a 403 error:

But I've been able to respond to other things, and my computer is completely clean.

Oher, as an update, I was able to post a reply to another thread in the same forum.  The 403 error says "Sorry we could not fill your request for <url to the thread> on this server.  You do not have permission to access this server." then it advises me to make sure my computer is clean of spyware/malware (it is)

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 07:54:10 am »

My edit was trying to get the image large enough to read. Here's a link to the image.

It looks like it might be one of the spam mods doing something it shouldn't, which is a problem only Randall can poke at.

If you get it again, hovering over the two links (Don't click them! Just hover) and writing down the addresses they go to might be informative.
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 09:12:58 pm »
My edit was trying to get the image large enough to read. Here's a link to the image.

The eroor is the log is "POST more than two days after GET" which means that "POST the request dates and times in a form entry do not match. Docs say this indicates the use of a proxy which corrupts the HTTP headers of the request or that is otherwise configured incorrectly, causing Bad Behavior to trigger. There's nothing I do to fix it for you> Are you using a VPN or other proxy setup? if not, I'm clueless. You might try clearing all cookies associated with this site (but if you do be sure you know your password) -- It's slightly possible that could help.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Morbid

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 10:53:18 pm »
The eroor is the log is "POST more than two days after GET" which means that "POST the request dates and times in a form entry do not match. Docs say this indicates the use of a proxy which corrupts the HTTP headers of the request or that is otherwise configured incorrectly, causing Bad Behavior to trigger. There's nothing I do to fix it for you> Are you using a VPN or other proxy setup? if not, I'm clueless. You might try clearing all cookies associated with this site (but if you do be sure you know your password) -- It's slightly possible that could help.

Randall,

No VPN or proxy service, however  my home internet can appear to be via a proxy service, if you check the IP addresses.  But that's based on what my ISP does, not something I actively do or have any control over.  I tried clearing my cache and cookies on my laptop.  I was able to reply to the one thread where I encountered the error on my work computer, haven't tried my laptop as of yet. 

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 10:00:59 am »
Randall,

No VPN or proxy service, however  my home internet can appear to be via a proxy service, if you check the IP addresses.  But that's based on what my ISP does, not something I actively do or have any control over.

That's likely what caused this then. If the proxy changes things in such a way that the time in the headers is wrong, you'll get this issue. Fortunately, it seems to be rare with real proxy services, but common with the crap spammers do to post stuff as a "ghost".
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tags: