collapse

Author Topic: I seem to be having problems  (Read 2181 times)

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
I seem to be having problems
« on: July 01, 2013, 06:41:23 pm »
Anyway, I seem to have problems signing in until I hit the forgot password key, then everything is fine and I get signed in.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: I seem to be having problems
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »
Quote from: Phouka;114303
Anyway, I seem to have problems signing in until I hit the forgot password key, then everything is fine and I get signed in.

I have no idea, Phouka. No one has ever reported an issue like that. Can you give me some more info: what device type (PC, Mac, iphone, ipad, android tablet, andriod phone, etc), what browser (and version), ad ad blockers/cookie cleaners/etc. in use....
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:10:12 pm »

Follow-up... On rereading this, I'm not sure what you are saying.  Is it:

1) I try to log in and it does not work, so I go through the new password procedure, get a new password and and then able to log in.

2) I try to login and it does not word, so I go to the forgot password page (but do not go through the procedure to get a new password), and am suddenly able to log in.

3) Something else?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:05:33 am »

Phouka, have you tried just going to a different page after logging in? I've had an issue from the start where the forum home page will not show that I've logged in, but as soon as I move to *any* other page, it turns out I am logged in.

--Chabas

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:24:27 am »
Quote from: Chabas;114336
Phouka, have you tried just going to a different page after logging in? I've had an issue from the start where the forum home page will not show that I've logged in, but as soon as I move to *any* other page, it turns out I am logged in.

--Chabas

Seconding this. I have this problem as well almost every time I use the forum and this solves the "issue".
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:24:51 am by Nyktipolos »
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 03:31:24 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;114306
I have no idea, Phouka. No one has ever reported an issue like that. Can you give me some more info: what device type (PC, Mac, iphone, ipad, android tablet, andriod phone, etc), what browser (and version), ad ad blockers/cookie cleaners/etc. in use....

It's a pc at the library so I don't know the other stuff. Today everything is fine. I know I've logged in successfully if Mystery-builders sig shows up. I keep trying til it does. Today it worked on the first try.

So I'm not going to worry about it.

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 03:32:09 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;114308
Follow-up... On rereading this, I'm not sure what you are saying.  Is it:

1) I try to log in and it does not work, so I go through the new password procedure, get a new password and and then able to log in.

2) I try to login and it does not word, so I go to the forgot password page (but do not go through the procedure to get a new password), and am suddenly able to log in.

3) Something else?

Number 2.

Phouka

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 03:33:03 pm »
Quote from: Chabas;114336

--Chabas

I'll try that the next time it happens. today I had no problem signing in.

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 05:28:18 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;114361
Seconding this. I have this problem as well almost every time I use the forum and this solves the "issue".

That issue is something with your system and the way it handles cookies and page refreshes (which may be caused by a browser plugin, your isp caching pages, etc.). If you brought your system to my house, I might (or might not) be able to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it's one of those "can't even begin to figure it out if it isn't happening in front of me" issues.
Randall

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 06:10:08 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;114390
That issue is something with your system and the way it handles cookies and page refreshes (which may be caused by a browser plugin, your isp caching pages, etc.). If you brought your system to my house, I might (or might not) be able to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it's one of those "can't even begin to figure it out if it isn't happening in front of me" issues.

I more or less suspected this, as this issue crops up far more often when I'm at work when I'm using the "private browsing" feature of my browser.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Tags: