collapse

Author Topic: Website: HTTP Error 403  (Read 3495 times)

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
HTTP Error 403
« on: June 14, 2020, 01:57:34 pm »
I'm trying to respond to Perdita's thread about the solar eclipse being so close to Summer Solstice... and I keep getting this error:
URL: https://ecauldron.com/forum/holidays-and-festivals/?action=post2;start=0
 Error 403 We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /forum/holidays-and-festivals/?action=post2;start=0 on this server.
You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, close your browser, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.
Your technical support key is: 8e69-1fcf-b40c-8ddc
You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.
If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.
I've refreshed, I've cleared all cookies/cache/browsing history, and restarted my computer. Any chance we know what's up?

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

TheGreenWizard

• Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: HTTP Error 403
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 03:46:36 pm »
I'm trying to respond to Perdita's thread about the solar eclipse being so close to Summer Solstice... and I keep getting this error:
URL: https://ecauldron.com/forum/holidays-and-festivals/?action=post2;start=0
 Error 403 We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /forum/holidays-and-festivals/?action=post2;start=0 on this server.
You do not have permission to access this server. Before trying again, close your browser, run anti-virus and anti-spyware software and remove any viruses and spyware from your computer.
Your technical support key is: 8e69-1fcf-b40c-8ddc
You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.
If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.
I've refreshed, I've cleared all cookies/cache/browsing history, and restarted my computer. Any chance we know what's up?

Okay, I tried my desktop, on the same wifi and the same browser, and now it works?
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go

PerditaPickle

• Staff
  • It's all metta - at least, I believe it should be
    • View Profile
    • Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity
  • Religion: Druid-ish
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 05:48:55 pm »
Okay, I tried my desktop, on the same wifi and the same browser, and now it works?

Well glad you've been able to post, anyways  :)
“Radiate boundless love towards the entire world — above, below, and across — unhindered, without ill will, without enmity.” – The Buddha
(From the Metta Sutta)

My Portrait of Perpetual Perplexity blog

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 12:25:39 pm »

Looks to me like one of those weird flukes that comes up here now and again, that goes away again as mysteriously as it appeared if one switches computers, switches browsers, or just waits a while (a few hours, or until the next day) to retry.

Randall might have more ideas, if he sees this; I didn't get the host hat for my tech savvy, which is part of why he's still listed on the masthead as Site Admin.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 06:20:33 am »
Randall might have more ideas, if he sees this; I didn't get the host hat for my tech savvy, which is part of why he's still listed on the masthead as Site Admin.

Our anti-spam software screws up like this every once in a while. Something about the request your browser sent for that page triggered it. There's really no fix for it and it usually self-corrects sooner or later. Now if you get that response on almost every page you do try to load, either you are doing something weird with you browser and/or network setup that makes the software thing you could be a spammer or you probably do have some type of virus.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tags: