collapse

Author Topic: General Questions: Does allowing adverts help TC?  (Read 1641 times)

Jabberwocky

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Does allowing adverts help TC?
« on: October 03, 2018, 06:50:18 pm »
I've remembered to turn my Adblock off on the Cauldron. I just wanted to check that actually does lead to more money for you guys!
Your heart is a muscle as big as your fist.

Ashmire

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic, featuring mainly East Asian and Egyptian plus pop-cultural influences
Re: Does allowing adverts help TC?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 08:42:01 pm »
I've remembered to turn my Adblock off on the Cauldron. I just wanted to check that actually does lead to more money for you guys!
If it doesn't,  maybe I should look into getting one.  It's stopped trying to sell me on mail order brides and giving me Jesus spam now. :/

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Does allowing adverts help TC?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:59:00 pm »

To be honest, it doesn't really help much. Ad income is WAY down everywhere. It never was huge here and has been next to nothing for a couple of years. Most ads are turned off for people who are logged in as it is now and I'm honestly thinking about turning them all off for people who have made a few posts. So if you want to use an adblocker, I doubt it will make a penny's worth of difference to the trickle of ad income the site gets. By trickle, I mean we earn enough to get a single payment maybe once every 11 to 13 months. Ad income used to be something I could count on to help fund the site, but now all it does is help cover little expenses that crop up from time to time but are too small and/or irregular to bother trying to include in our annual fund raising.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Tags: