collapse

* "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" Problem Logging In?

If you get an "Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again" error when you try to log in, you need to be sure you are accessing the board with a url that starts with "https://ecauldron.com".  If it starts with https://www.ecauldron.com" (or "http://www.ecauldron.com") you will get this error because "www.ecauldron.com" is not technically the same website as "ecauldron.com". Moving to the more secure "https" means it is more picky about such things.

Author Topic: "Reply to all" button on private messages  (Read 1751 times)

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
"Reply to all" button on private messages
« on: July 24, 2012, 08:13:56 pm »
The location of the "Reply to all" button on PMs is annoying the heck out of the Cill SIG Leadership team - virtually all of our communications are multiple-recipient, so we want to send almost everything to all three of the others, but since that button is in a completely different place from the other reply-related buttons, we're constantly sending our replies just to the one who wrote the PM we're quoting.

Is it possible for TC to customize the location of such buttons?  Or is this something that'd have to be done by the VBulletin people?

(Also, I just got a submission error for this that told me, "You must select a thread prefix" but there isn't one for this topic.  Seems to me there oughta be a prefix for PM-related queries like this one.)

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: "Reply to all" button on private messages
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;65909
Is it possible for TC to customize the location of such buttons?  Or is this something that'd have to be done by the VBulletin people?

Possibly, but it would have to be thoroughly tested on the test board first -- and exactly what do do is not well-documented. Translation: I'll look into it, but if it isn't obvious and easy, I doubt I will bother.  I think Reply to All is a mod to begin with, not a built in feature -- which might make it easier or might make it harder.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:28:20 am »
Quote from: RandallS;65929
I think Reply to All is a mod to begin with, not a built in feature -- which might make it easier or might make it harder.

I've checked other mods that add a PM Reply to all and the all put it in the same place ours does. Therefore, I'm going to assume that trying to put it as a button near the normal PM reply button is not easy. If I ever have a lot of time to look into this, I will but I would not get my hopes up.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 05:32:48 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;65974
I've checked other mods that add a PM Reply to all and the all put it in the same place ours does. Therefore, I'm going to assume that trying to put it as a button near the normal PM reply button is not easy. If I ever have a lot of time to look into this, I will but I would not get my hopes up.

Juni knows something about this; she'll be along to put her two cents in when her in-progress move allows.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:25:07 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;66010
Juni knows something about this; she'll be along to put her two cents in when her in-progress move allows.

Sounds good.
Randall

Juni

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thelittleseawitch.net
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:48:04 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;65974

I've done a lot of meddling with IPB code- I'm not as familiar with vB, but I intend to take a look and see if I can find anything once I've got my brain back moved. (I'm starting to wonder if my mind will ever return, at this point.)
Join the Emboatening Crew over on Kiva! Emboatening the boatless since Opet 2013!

The Little Sea Witch - personal/catch-all blog
MistSeeking - religious blog

Tags: