collapse

Author Topic: Working with Baba Yaga  (Read 1684 times)

goblin-queen

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
  • Religion: A hodge-podge
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Working with Baba Yaga
« on: November 02, 2018, 02:17:34 pm »
Once again I've found myself being beckoned to her woods but I'd like to be prepared before I stumble in their blind.

So in a round-about-way I'm asking if anyone works with her and what she's like.

I'd love to pick up any tidbits of knowledge. It'd be great know her preferred offerings, things that might tick her off, how best to approach her etc. I'm a very visual person so would love to set up an altar for her, so knowing any associated iconography would be great too. :D

Many thanks to anyone who helps!  ;D
“...talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything.”

Krasnopol86

• View Profile
  • Religion: Slavic Pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: Working with Baba Yaga
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 04:38:12 pm »
Once again I've found myself being beckoned to her woods but I'd like to be prepared before I stumble in their blind.

So in a round-about-way I'm asking if anyone works with her and what she's like.

I'd love to pick up any tidbits of knowledge. It'd be great know her preferred offerings, things that might tick her off, how best to approach her etc. I'm a very visual person so would love to set up an altar for her, so knowing any associated iconography would be great too. :D

Keep in mind that she's a forest spirit, the things that can tick her off would be anything that hurts said forest. Plus, she lives in a house on chicken legs, so it might not be the best idea to offer something from a dead chicken!
If you want to have illustrations of her, you can check out Bilibin's work, he's a talented artist who illustrated many Russian fairy tales.

ruslanfannan

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Mesoism
Re: Working with Baba Yaga
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 08:40:39 pm »

I have worked with Baba a lot! She hates liars, cheats, etc. So go with a pure heart. I have studied and practiced a lot of Slav magic. I used to take my magic knife, make a small hole in the soil beneath an evergreen, and leave a small piece of cloth with sweet basil and nine silver coins. She usually got back pretty fast! Hope that helps a bit.
Walk in peace, ready for war.

Tags: