collapse
2020 Donation Drive

It's time for our annual Server Donation Drive! We need to raise at least $710 to keep The Cauldron's server online for another year. Please help! Either hit that Paypal button to the right and make a one-time donation in any amount or set up a monthly Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor subscription. You can find more info in this message!

Donations as of 25 November 2020: $636 donated. Only $74 more needed! Thank you, donors!


Note: This total is updated manually, usually once a day


* Recent Posts

Re: Calendar for Ancient Greek Holidays by SunflowerP
[Today at 06:51:33 pm]


Re: Crazy thought by Sefiru
[Today at 06:18:59 pm]


Calendar for Ancient Greek Holidays by Delphinium
[Today at 04:55:01 pm]


Re: Tigereye by sevensons
[Today at 04:09:16 pm]


Re: Recently Blogged by Kylara
[Today at 01:34:16 pm]

Author Topic: My Runic Path  (Read 13860 times)

Dam

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Feb 2016
  • Posts: 53
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2016, 04:23:32 am »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;193451
Blessings,

These are my Runes:



I'm going into the woods for three days and three nights. All three days will be focused on the Runes.  The third night will culminate in a shrum trip. I have no idea what to expect, other than, it will be Empowering.

Be Blessed,
Frodi Ingsson.

 
Sounds like it will be an interesting experience. Make sure to take plenty of food and water. Stay safe!

I will be very interested to see what comes from this experience.

Froði Ingsson

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Location: Evergreen State
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2016, 02:18:32 am »
Quote from: Kylara;193460
Have a great trip, I hope you find deep communion :)

 
Quote from: Dam;193516
Sounds like it will be an interesting experience. Make sure to take plenty of food and water. Stay safe!

I will be very interested to see what comes from this experience.

 
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'm walking into the woods tomorrow. I do hope for a deep communion and I'm definitely interested to see what comes of the experience as well. Thank you both.

Be Blessed,
Frodi

Froði Ingsson

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Location: Evergreen State
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 03:41:58 am »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;193451

I'm going into the woods for three days and three nights. All three days will be focused on the Runes.  The third night will culminate in a shrum trip. I have no idea what to expect, other than, it will be Empowering.

Blessings Everyone,

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve come out of the forest. To say the least, it was powerful. I’m not ready to talk about it. I need time to process and integrate. In the meantime I’ve started meditating on the Hávamál. I’ll be sharing some of my thoughts here: http://ecauldron.com/forum/showthread.php?13834-H%E1vam%E1l-Meditations

Be Blessed,
Frodi
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:16:34 pm by Morag »

Morag

  • Senior Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Jun 2011
  • Location: deep in the woods
  • *
  • Posts: 2511
  • Country: ca
  • Total likes: 160
  • cranky witch
    • View Profile
    • Everyday Magic
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: zie/zir or she/her
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2016, 12:18:55 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;194332
Blessings Everyone,

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve come out of the forest. To say the least, it was powerful. I’m not ready to talk about it. I need time to process and integrate. In the meantime I’ve started meditating on the Hávamál. I’ll be sharing some of my thoughts here: http://ecauldron.com/forum/showthread.php?13834-H%E1vam%E1l-Meditations

Be Blessed,
Frodi


A Reminder:
Hi Froði,

Please use the default text color, font, and size when posting - we have  many members who find it difficult or uncomfortable to read fancy  colors or fonts, and it's required by our rules (in point #3 of 'The "Do" Rules' section). I've gone ahead and edited your post back to the default font and size for you, but please keep this in mind for the future.

This isn't a formal warning, just a reminder.  No  reply is necessary,  but if you have questions or need clarification,  please feel free to  contact a member of staff privately.

Thanks!
Morag
TC Forum Staff
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Everyday Magic
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Kylara

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 1163
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 173
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2016, 03:35:50 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;194332
Blessings Everyone,

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve come out of the forest. To say the least, it was powerful. I’m not ready to talk about it. I need time to process and integrate. In the meantime I’ve started meditating on the Hávamál. I’ll be sharing some of my thoughts here: http://ecauldron.com/forum/showthread.php?13834-H%E1vam%E1l-Meditations

Be Blessed,
Frodi

 
Glad to hear you had a good experience!  Look forward to reading more on it when you are ready to share :)
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Froði Ingsson

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Location: Evergreen State
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2016, 08:52:44 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;190090
Blessings,

My plan for this thread is to share weekly insights, experiences, and/or beliefs arising from my Runic Journey. It’s my hope that in sharing it will start a dialog that will expand and deepen our knowledge of the Runes from the Pathworking perspective. I am not a Traditionalist, New Ager, or anything in between. I am myself and this is my Runic Path.  

Be Blessed,
Frodi Ingsson


Ritual Thoughts: Part I


I went into this ritual seeing empowerment as something akin to the Power Rangers or HeMan. I imagined myself coming out of the forest glowing from the eyes and being able to shape reality with my words.

It wasn't exactly like that.

In fact, out of all the rituals I've done, this one was not so much about receiving something new as of having my eyes opened and seeing clearly.

For instance, at one point during the ritual I was looking up at an amazing Maple Tree when all of a sudden I thought about my birth mom.

Of all the people in my past, she's the only one I never think about. She was young, had two children, and didn't speak English.

Other than my sister and I,
she was alone.

I was told she left soon after arriving in the states;
she went back to Germany and died in a car crash.

I never met her.
A few months after she left I was given up to the government.

And so there I was in ritual:
laying on the forest floor,
feeling the moisture seep into my clothes,
crying,
calling out.

I didn't realize it until that moment that she was the root of my abandonment issues. She was the first person to leave and reject me.

As I opened to the experience, compassion flowed through me.
It must have torn her apart to leave behind her children: it killed her.

While forgiving her I felt an energy release from me, and for the first time in my life I felt her present embodied within the Nurturing Maple standing over me: holding me in her roots and protecting me with her branches.

While this experience didn't necessarily empower me. I feel lighter and freer now, and that's powerful.

Kylara

  • Staff
  • *
  • Join Date: Feb 2012
  • Posts: 1163
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 173
    • View Profile
    • https://www.patreon.com/kyndryana
  • Religion: Norse Fusion Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2016, 04:26:55 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;194629

While this experience didn't necessarily empower me. I feel lighter and freer now, and that's powerful.

It sounds like a very moving experience.  I think that freedom can definitely be empowering...it's not always about standard conceptions of power/might, but sometimes about knowing who you are to the depths of your soul and being strong in your own light and way.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 04:27:25 pm by Kylara »
Check out my Patreon for more writing and other goodies!

Froði Ingsson

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Location: Evergreen State
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2016, 04:54:12 am »
Quote from: Kylara;194658
It sounds like a very moving experience.  I think that freedom can definitely be empowering...it's not always about standard conceptions of power/might, but sometimes about knowing who you are to the depths of your soul and being strong in your own light and way.

The Runes have offered me freedom from many things. I've learned that any powerful experience is empowering if we just tap into the moment and harness it. This includes dealing with issues of the past.

I love how you emphasize the standard concept of power/might. One thing I've learned in Martial Arts is that a little bit of applied energy can divert a very powerful force.

I agree with you. Living in accordance with our "light and way" and truth is empowering.

Thanks. I really appreciate your insights and understandings.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:59:22 am by Froði Ingsson »

Froði Ingsson

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Location: Evergreen State
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2016, 04:57:08 am »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;190090
Blessings,

My plan for this thread is to share weekly insights, experiences, and/or beliefs arising from my Runic Journey. It’s my hope that in sharing it will start a dialog that will expand and deepen our knowledge of the Runes from the Pathworking perspective. I am not a Traditionalist, New Ager, or anything in between. I am myself and this is my Runic Path.

Be Blessed,
Frodi Ingsson

 
The following comes from my evening meditation process:

I was washing my feet in the shower today when I noticed that I'd healed. All during my forest ritual I walked barefoot. My feet experienced rain, soil, roots, rocks, cold, and everything else. They cracked open.

One aspect of my ritual was to experience the world. And so, I experienced being bit by rocks, sliced by branches, and pierced by thorns. I experienced the miserableness of being drenched, hungry, sore, and cold. I also got to experience joy and pleasure while laying on moss and listening to the song birds sing. And I was blessed with trail food, spring water, and fire. I got what I sought.  

There's something very powerful that arises when we live intentionally and consciously.

That's something I'm experiencing these days.

Dam

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Feb 2016
  • Posts: 53
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2016, 09:36:57 am »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;194332
Blessings Everyone,

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve come out of the forest. To say the least, it was powerful. I’m not ready to talk about it. I need time to process and integrate. In the meantime I’ve started meditating on the Hávamál. I’ll be sharing some of my thoughts here: http://ecauldron.com/forum/showthread.php?13834-H%E1vam%E1l-Meditations

Be Blessed,
Frodi

 
It is good to hear you got back safe.

Reading through what you posted about the experience it sounds very personal and deep, so thanks for sharing. Entheogens can be very powerful tools, and despite the experience being different from how you thought it might be it still sounds as if it was empowering (in a different way, more like the power of tuning up an engine rather than a blunt hammer blow) and good came from it.

Has your mind felt more open after the experience?

I am still following this thread and am enjoying the meditations you are sharing. :)

Froði Ingsson

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Location: Evergreen State
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 11:33:38 am »
Quote from: Dam;194798
Has your mind felt more open after the experience?

 
To be truthful, kind of. Lately it has been very open and clear. But directly after my ritual I sorta collapsed into less savory aspects of my self. Things I hadn't done for a long time started to creep back into my life. My mind was on autopilot for a while.

The ritual was actually a lot more powerful than I initially thought. It was as if some part of myself was protecting me from being overwhelmed. It's been a few months since and I've still haven't fully processed what happened.

Through Rune Yoga and intensive Saga studies I've started to reflect on the experience and begin integrating its wisdom into my life.

Since I've started working with the Runes I've gained a level of control over my life that I never knew was possible. My relationships have become more awesome, my mind is focused and clear, my life is flowing and growing. Things keep getting better and better.

Originally I held to the idea that the Runes were like some Harry Potter movie: I carve them, I call them, I offering my blood and set my mind to some ends, and presto, it happens. Like using blood and saliva to paint Money Runes on the lottery machine before buying a ticket.

I'll be truthful, I've tried it.

I'll write more tonight. My wife just woke up and we're hanging out.

Froði Ingsson

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Location: Evergreen State
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2016, 04:59:48 am »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;199025
To be truthful, kind of. Lately it has been very open and clear. But directly after my ritual I sorta collapsed into less savory aspects of my self. Things I hadn't done for a long time started to creep back into my life. My mind was on autopilot for a while.

The ritual was actually a lot more powerful than I initially thought. It was as if some part of myself was protecting me from being overwhelmed. It's been a few months since and I've still haven't fully processed what happened.

Through Rune Yoga and intensive Saga studies I've started to reflect on the experience and begin integrating its wisdom into my life.

Since I've started working with the Runes I've gained a level of control over my life that I never knew was possible. My relationships have become more awesome, my mind is focused and clear, my life is flowing and growing. Things keep getting better and better.

Originally I held to the idea that the Runes were like some Harry Potter movie: I carve them, I call them, I offering my blood and set my mind to some ends, and presto, it happens. Like using blood and saliva to paint Money Runes on the lottery machine before buying a ticket.

I'll be truthful, I've tried it.

I'll write more tonight. My wife just woke up and we're hanging out.

 
To finish my post, while I do not see the Runes as some kind of Harry Potter wand waving magic, I still find them very magical. It’s more subtle, and yet, just as powerful. I don’t see people being stunned by some Stupefy spell but I have seen the effects Thurisaz has in eliminating someone’s energy from my life. I no longer hear from or think about them. They are simply gone.

I’ve always been a skeptic and doubter, and yet, the synchronicity arising from my work with Thurisaz and the unexplained absence of the other person does lend some belief, especially when such occurrences happen a lot more than they used to.

And so, coming back to your question Dam, I absolutely feel and notice that I am more open after the Rune Ritual. In fact, exponentially so. Sometimes so intensely that I have to slow things down and ground myself. Uruz and Isa have definitely helped with that. One reason why I find Rune Yoga so helpful is that it literally shapes our bodies and minds to the Runic forms, which in turn attunes us to their energies.

I hope this answered you question.

Be Blessed…

Son of the Norse

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2016
  • Posts: 56
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2016, 11:26:50 pm »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;199040
To finish my post, while I do not see the Runes as some kind of Harry Potter wand waving magic, I still find them very magical.
Be Blessed…


Hello,

I have read this entire post (started reading it because I saw you were also a resident of WA.), and I have enjoyed your every post! :)

I am not knowledgeable of Runes yet or their potential but I do want to say I am amazed at your journey so far.  Please keep posting on this thread, as it is most educational for us newbies! :) :)
~Son of the Norse

Froði Ingsson

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2015
  • Location: Evergreen State
  • Posts: 94
  • Country: us
  • Total likes: 2
    • View Profile
    • SOHM Publishing
  • Religion: Heathen
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2016, 12:13:10 am »
Quote from: Son of the Norse;199143
Hello,

I have read this entire post (started reading it because I saw you were also a resident of WA.), and I have enjoyed your every post! :)

I am not knowledgeable of Runes yet or their potential but I do want to say I am amazed at your journey so far.  Please keep posting on this thread, as it is most educational for us newbies! :) :)

 
Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

Feel free to ask questions or offer thoughts.

Be Blessed

Son of the Norse

  • Sr. Apprentice
  • ****
  • Join Date: Nov 2016
  • Posts: 56
  • Total likes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Runic Path
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2016, 12:17:20 am »
Quote from: Froði Ingsson;199145
Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

Feel free to ask questions or offer thoughts.

Be Blessed

 

I just want to learn more...and you my friend are a great teacher! :)
~Son of the Norse

Tags:
 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
1234 Views
Last post June 22, 2012, 01:42:31 pm
by Sageis
10 Replies
1571 Views
Last post April 19, 2014, 08:03:37 pm
by SunflowerP
0 Replies
1255 Views
Last post May 13, 2014, 12:34:55 pm
by Wandering Wind
0 Replies
1367 Views
Last post December 19, 2014, 04:16:49 am
by Sol Invictus
1 Replies
1161 Views
Last post May 15, 2017, 01:32:32 am
by SunflowerP

Special Interest Group

Warning: You are currently in a Special Interest Group on the message board with special rules and focused discussions.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Please Donate!

The Cauldron's server is expensive and requires monthly payments. Please become a Bronze, Silver or Gold Donor if you can. Donations are needed every month. Without member support, we can't afford the server.

* Shop & Support TC

The links below are affiliate links. When you click on one of these links you will go to the listed shopping site with The Cauldron's affiliate code. Any purchases you make during your visit will earn TC a tiny percentage of your purchase price at no extra cost to you.

* In Memoriam

Chavi (2006)
Elspeth (2010)
Marilyn (2013)

* Cauldron Staff

Host:
Sunflower

Message Board Staff
Board Coordinator:
Darkhawk

Assistant Board Coordinator:
Aster Breo

Senior Staff:
Aisling, Jenett, Sefiru

Staff:
Allaya, Chatelaine, EclecticWheel, HarpingHawke, Kylara, PerditaPickle, rocquelaire

Discord Chat Staff
Chat Coordinator:
Morag

Cauldron Council:
Bob, Catja, Emma-Eldritch, Fausta, Jubes, Kelly, LyricFox, Phouka, Sperran, Star, Steve, Tana

Site Administrator:
Randall

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal