collapse

* Recent Posts

Author Topic: Anyone experience dreams involving the Aesir-Vanir?  (Read 6963 times)

Grimnir Wulf

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone experience dreams involving the Aesir-Vanir?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 12:48:45 am »
Quote from: Wildwind Fenrisson;30681
That's ok, not everyone is in touch with their minni to such an extent that they can truly understand or appreciate these concepts. I wish you luck in the future, brother/sister of the Frith!

Like my brother Wildwind. We are taught in our coven that our dreams are not dreams, but that they are the voice of the Gods that is audible to mortal ears. When Odin visits me in my dreams, it is the God himself. I applaud the original poster for speaking of his dreams. The Gods favor him. The Gods wish to speak to the dwellers of midgard. We just need to be open to listen to them.

I'll now share a dream that I had when I first found the Aesir Gods. I was walking in a great ancient woods. It was heavy with time and smelled of rich Earth. As I walked I could feel a presence but I was not alone. I wasn't scared though. I stumbled on a small red hammer. The type a worker or construction person would use. Ballpin? As I picked it up, I heard crows in the distance and I heard a voice. It said

"Lift my hammer and I shall be with you"

I awoke and immediatly gave an offering of beer to the Red Thor. It was only a can of Coors light (thats all I had). I could sense it was accepted and that I was now (and still am) given favor of the gods (Odin too, but that was a later experience).

Frith and faith,

Grimnir

Hyacinth Belle

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 01:03:45 am »
Quote from: Grimnir Wulf;30870

Frith and faith,

Grimnir

Allow me to give you essentially the same reply which I made to Wildwind in another thread.

Quote from: Hyacinth Belle;30845

Welcome to TC and to the SIG! :)

Just a friendly suggestion, but as can be seen in the SIG Special Rules, this is a reconstruction based Special Interest Group.

I see this has been pointed out in another thread, but as SIG Leader I just wanted to reiterate:

# This is a reconstruction-based discussion area. Though we embrace Unconfirmed Personal Gnosis (UPG) and non-primary or non-scholastic secondary sources, they are not given the same weight as primary source material or scholastic secondary material. If you are using UPG or questionable modern sources, state that up front in your posts.

UPG comes up often enough, but it's generally in the context of discussion of the lore.

# While we welcome the input of non-Heathens, Heathen religions have a well-established framework and core set of ideas. We are not looking to discuss yet another brand of Wicca.

Keep in mind that this is not really the place to discuss religions of a "Wiccatru" derivation.
"Silent and thoughtful a prince\'s son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 01:24:23 am »
Like my brother Wildwind. We are taught in our coven that our dreams are not dreams, but that they are the voice of the Gods that is audible to mortal ears. When Odin visits me in my dreams, it is the God himself. I applaud the original poster for speaking of his dreams. The Gods favor him. The Gods wish to speak to the dwellers of midgard. We just need to be open to listen to them.

I'll now share a dream that I had when I first found the Aesir Gods. I was walking in a great ancient woods. It was heavy with time and smelled of rich Earth. As I walked I could feel a presence but I was not alone. I wasn't scared though. I stumbled on a small red hammer. The type a worker or construction person would use. Ballpin? As I picked it up, I heard crows in the distance and I heard a voice. It said

I awoke and immediatly gave an offering of beer to the Red Thor. It was only a can of Coors light (thats all I had). I could sense it was accepted and that I was now (and still am) given favor of the gods (Odin too, but that was a later experience).

Frith and faith,

Grimnir

Dreams can be more than dreams and there's evidence of that. And I don't think anyone here is saying that one can't dream about the gods or share them. I think, for me, dreams are most usefully shared when they actually pertain to something. Like, when you dream your grandfather died because you saw the hamingja and you pass it on to your kin. Or when you dream of a landwight and you pass on the message to stop construction.

Sharing personal dreams just to boast that the gods favor you isn't really useful to anyone but you. Its also rather personal, so by nature it really doesn't have any place in my spirituality.

Just my opinion, anyway.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Wildwind Fenrisson

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 01:28:20 am »
Quote from: DerickVonD;30725
I think it was the Algiz rune.

Ah yes, I understand why the rune that was revealed to you was Algiz. I can also understand the Christ association now. The rune Algiz is linked to trees and Christ was crucified on the product of a tree (a cross). However Algiz is also linked to elk sedge, which has been called 'sword of the marshes' and is said to 'burn with blood' all that grasp it too tightly. The use of Algiz is really very very significant here, especially as it came from a hand that was already burning with blood.

Meditate further on it and the answers will come to you about how this relates to your own life.

Wildwind Fenrisson

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 01:30:05 am »
Like my brother Wildwind.

Greetings brother Grimnir, I remember you telling me of that dream a while ago while we were feasting with Garen in his grove. It was indeed a fortuitous dream.

Asch

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 01:55:57 am »
Quote from: Wildwind Fenrisson;30882
Greetings brother Grimnir, I remember you telling me of that dream a while ago while we were feasting with Garen in his grove. It was indeed a fortuitous dream.

So you two know each other?

DerickVonD

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 05:07:28 am »

Frith and faith,

Grimnir
I have had other dreams with relating to the Gods as well. When I was in the Hospital during my sleep apnea study, I only slept about 3 hours that night. I had a dream I saw a man in armor with no helmet, but I remember a chest plate. He had a white beard, but parts of it were like dark brown. He stood about 3" taller than me so he was around 6' 3" (1.91m) and all I remember him saying is "viking" and "Gods", but I don't think he said "viking Gods" I think there were words in between and after I can't remember. I think this may have been Heimdallr, but I am really not too sure. I felt like I was on some kind of platform and I saw nothing but black behind him, so maybe I was just seeing the night sky. The last dream I had involved seeing a very attractive naked woman, who I was told was Freya. The name Freya actually appeared above her lol. Anyway I only saw the back of her and of course I felt very very lustful lol. Unfortunately I woke up before anything could happen and I never even saw the front of her.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:09:32 am by DerickVonD »

Hyacinth Belle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 12:29:42 pm »
Quote from: Wildwind Fenrisson;30880
Ah yes, I understand why the rune that was revealed to you was Algiz. I can also understand the Christ association now. The rune Algiz is linked to trees and Christ was crucified on the product of a tree (a cross). However Algiz is also linked to elk sedge, which has been called 'sword of the marshes' and is said to 'burn with blood' all that grasp it too tightly. The use of Algiz is really very very significant here, especially as it came from a hand that was already burning with blood.

Where are your sources for this? If you are giving information to others that is UPG (unverified personal gnosis... as in, you made it up and there's no historical basis for it), please respect the reconstruction-based nature of the SIG and state it is UPG.

This is especially important for those new to heathenry, as they are often not yet in a position to differentiate between what is known from the lore and other scholarly sources vs. what people hold as their personal opinion.
"Silent and thoughtful a prince\'s son should be / and bold in fighting; / cheerful and merry every man should be / until he waits for death." ~ Havamal, stanza 15

Gore

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 05:31:53 pm »
Quote from: DerickVonD;29985
There is a dream I had a while ago, just after I fully embraced my Heathenism after being drawn to it for years but shying away to other systems of religion. Anyway in this dream I was in a very large grassy field and I saw warriors with armor shields and swords coming towards me. It was maybe about 200 men. I started to fight them with this sword I was holding. I did not look behind me, but somehow I saw a very tall gray bearded man in the distance behind me. He made a sign with his hand, the same kind of hand sign you see Christ doing in Christ pictures like a blessing sign. A red rune shot out of his hand and went into the blade of the sword and the blade became about three times as long and after that with each swing of the sword I was cutting about 15 men at a time in half without any real effort. Of course afterwards I knew the tall man most have been Odin. I don't want to sound sadistic or anything, but the feeling of being there and fighting was very euphoric.

I myself had had recurring dreams of Andvari. These dreams started when i was very very young(5-6) and still christian. So i used to think of him as God. My dreams of him consisted of him sitting in on a throne with a hoard of treasure around his feet and throne,  just smiling at me comfortingly. I would be sitting in front of him Indian-Style in awe. He would appear to me in my times of need without me asking or even knowing who he was. For years i didn't know him. Having recently converting to Asetro almost two years back i began to seriously question the things happening in my life and around me. The suspense of who exactly this spirit was just kept building up to the point i had to ask someone off the Cauldron!

For those of you that don't know him he is not really one of the "Aesir or Vanir" but he is a wight none the less. He is a dwarf actually, which i thought very interesting that a dwarf rather than a god would appear to me.  He is mentioned in a couple tales but he is not very well known. The most recurring tale i have found is the one of his treasure and the ring Andvarinaut being stolen by Loki. He then cursed the treasure, bringing misery and woe to all that possessed it.

As for your dream, that is pretty kick-ass man! To have Odin on your side in battle... that is a true Norse fantasy :D: . I wish you luck in your path!

Juniperberry

• Grand Master Member
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 09:44:59 pm »
Quote from: Asch;3089

(Easiest to quote)

I had a cool dream about Thor awhile back. Its the only dream of the gods that I've had (other than the fun one of Odin as Peter Griffin driving a Hover Round). It wasn't mystical or anything; it was my recurring tornado nightmare and I stopped behind a tree and prayed for Thor's protection. What I thought was neat about it was the shift in my perspective, how  I had absorbed the beliefs to a point that they manifested in my subconscious.

Thor is the one God I didnt really feel anything towards, though, and the dream changed that a bit I guess.
The pace of progress in artificial intelligence (I’m not referring to narrow AI) is incredibly fast. [...] The risk of something seriously dangerous happening is in the five year timeframe. 10 years at most.--Elon Musk

I am in the camp that is concerned about super intelligence," [Bill] Gates wrote. "First the machines will do a lot of jobs for us and not be super intelligent. That should be positive if we manage it well. A few decades after that though the intelligence is strong enough to be a concern. I agree with Elon Musk and some others on this and don\'t understand why some people are not concerned."

Tags: