Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: Writing: Camp NaNoWriMo July 2018  (Read 5180 times)

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan Witch
Camp NaNoWriMo July 2018
« on: June 02, 2018, 01:00:57 pm »
Is anyone signing up for July's Camp NaNoWriMo?  What projects are you planning to tackle during the month?

If you're joining in the fun and don't want to be assigned to a random cabin, I've created a cabin for any pagan/pagan-friendly folks who care to hang out around the virtual campfire for support. Post or send me a PM with your Camp name if you'd like an invite. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:58:43 pm by RandallS »

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Morag

• Senior Staff
  • cranky witch mom
    • View Profile
    • Priestess of the 3
  • Religion: Priestess of the 3
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Re: Camp NaNoWriMo July 2018
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:56:19 pm »
Is anyone signing up for July's Camp NaNoWriMo?  What projects are you planning to tackle during the month?

Yup! Currently I have set for my project Book 3 in The Borderlands Saga, with a goal of 30,000 words, but that's not set in stone as I'm still writing Book 2. So it may change before the end of the month.

If you're joining in the fun and don't want to be assigned to a random cabin, I've created a cabin for any pagan/pagan-friendly folks who care to hang out around the virtual campfire for support. Post or send me a PM with your Camp name if you'd like an invite.

Sure! I'm katjevanloon.
Pray drunk. Hex sober.
Priestess of the 3
"The most powerful god at any given moment is the one who can solve the moment's problem."
-Darkhawk

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 06:52:37 pm »

I'm in too. I haven't properly written since Songs of the Metamythos, and I have a light-hearted space opera dying to get out!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 07:05:44 pm »

Yup! Currently I have set for my project Book 3 in The Borderlands Saga, with a goal of 30,000 words, but that's not set in stone as I'm still writing Book 2. So it may change before the end of the month.

Sure! I'm katjevanloon.

Excellent!  I've sent you an invite.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:07:07 pm »
I have a light-hearted space opera dying to get out!

Please publish this when it's done! That sounds like so much fun.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Altair

• Staff
  • Fly high and make the world follow
    • View Profile
    • Songs of the Metamythos
  • Religion: tree-hugging pagan
  • Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 08:06:27 am »

My camp name is cfcooper, and I'd love to join your cabin!
The first song sets the wheel in motion / The second is a song of love / The third song tells of Her devotion / The fourth cries joy from the sky above
The fifth song binds our fate to silence / and bids us live each moment well / The sixth unleashes rage and violence / The seventh song has truth to tell
The last song echoes through the ages / to ask its question all night long / And close the circle on these pages / These, the metamythos songs

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 07:10:26 pm »
My camp name is cfcooper, and I'd love to join your cabin!

Love to have you there!  You should get the invite soon.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 09:19:47 am »

Giving this a little bump, since we're less than twenty-four hours from camp kick-off. There's still plenty of room in the cabin if anyone wants to join.   There will be s'mores and perhaps a ghost story or two!

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 09:35:34 am »

I'll be doing Camp again with the cabin I've been a part of for the last two years. They're a good bunch of 30yr+ queer writers, and honestly, that cabin was what made my first Camp so awesome and made me stick with it. We've got a Slack for off-seasons, and for NaNo, so we can keep it going throughout the year. They're an awesome group of people.

Camp starts for me in less than 3 hours, and for July, I'll be doing fanfiction. I've got a bingo card of prompts I want to tackle. I don't plan to get them all done, but there are a few that I think I can manage. Current goal is 10k, but that might change, depending on how prolific I get. :D
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 10:24:28 am »
Camp starts for me in less than 3 hours, and for July, I'll be doing fanfiction. I've got a bingo card of prompts I want to tackle. I don't plan to get them all done, but there are a few that I think I can manage. Current goal is 10k, but that might change, depending on how prolific I get. :D

I really like this idea. If the revision project that I'm planning doesn't work out, I may have to borrow it.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sobekemiti

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Per Sebek - The House of Sobek
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox, Witch, Scribe, Hem-Netjer, Sau Apprentice
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 12:40:40 am »
I really like this idea. If the revision project that I'm planning doesn't work out, I may have to borrow it.

They're really fun. I've done a whole bunch of them over the years with challenge communities and different themes, like tropes, AUs, kinks, and hurt/comfort. If you're interested in making your own card, there's a nifty card generator here with a bunch of different prompt sets, or you can add in your own. Huh, and I forgot I wrote up two tarot lists for that generator, the standard RSW list, and the Wildwood Tarot, in case anyone wants to use tarot prompts.
Sobekemiti | Hekatean Witch, Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu, Sobek Devotee | My pronouns are they/she

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 11:40:54 am »
They're really fun. I've done a whole bunch of them over the years with challenge communities and different themes, like tropes, AUs, kinks, and hurt/comfort. If you're interested in making your own card, there's a nifty card generator here with a bunch of different prompt sets, or you can add in your own. Huh, and I forgot I wrote up two tarot lists for that generator, the standard RSW list, and the Wildwood Tarot, in case anyone wants to use tarot prompts.

Thank you for that link!  There are some cards on there that are will go really well with my camp project.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

JupiterSkies

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • E.M. Sabolcik
  • Religion: Eclectic witch
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 12:00:34 am »

Hello campers!  I wish I'd seen this before I hopped into another pagan cabin. I'm having a good time hanging out in cabin Pens and Pentacles.  It's my first Camp NaNo, though I'm old pro at NaNoWriMo (since 2009).  Trying to kick myself back into the writing every day habit with 30 poems in 31 days (I'm so stuck in the WriMo mindset of 30 days hath November, haaaa).

Good luck everyone!  I've got the new Florence and the Machine album on repeat and am using it for inspiration for my first few poems.
Eclectic witch - crystal, deity, animal focused work.
I write, mostly poetry.

Aisling

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 06:46:38 pm »
Hello campers!  I wish I'd seen this before I hopped into another pagan cabin. I'm having a good time hanging out in cabin Pens and Pentacles.  It's my first Camp NaNo, though I'm old pro at NaNoWriMo (since 2009).  Trying to kick myself back into the writing every day habit with 30 poems in 31 days (I'm so stuck in the WriMo mindset of 30 days hath November, haaaa).

That sounds like a fun and challenging project.  Hope you have a great first camp!

Neil deGrasse Tyson

JupiterSkies

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • E.M. Sabolcik
  • Religion: Eclectic witch
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 10:36:43 pm »

Just checking in; how is everyone doing?

I'm at 20 poems, so I'm feeling pretty good.  This month has been crazy at work (good vibes appreciated for big things coming!), and I've been wearing a lot of hats.  I got a new unlined journal to help with wearing the Writer Hat, and it feels good. :D

We also did a small care package exchange, and I have a lovely new piece of amethyst and a new editing pen from my exchange person!  So a little more inspiration and witchy goodness ^_^
Eclectic witch - crystal, deity, animal focused work.
I write, mostly poetry.

Tags: