Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 07:13:48 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 07:04:14 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sophia C
[Today at 06:56:16 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:56:00 pm]

Author Topic: Hello from the beginning of my path!  (Read 884 times)

beith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
Hello from the beginning of my path!
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:58:52 pm »
Hello!  I'm just recently starting on my path of Druidry.  Here's the back story in case anyone is interested.

I had long been feeling a disconnect from the religion I was raised in, Christianity (Lutheran), and getting away from church/any kind of spirituality.  I felt the most spirituality when I was out in nature, mostly hiking in the mountains.  I've also felt very drawn to Gaelic culture as I learned more about my genealogy and ancestors and was exposed to the music of Ireland, Scotland, and other areas of Britain.  I began researching neo-Pagan beliefs and practices and zeroed in on Druidry for its focus on nature and ancestors.

I'm very much a beginner and just starting to learn and work my path.  There aren't many Pagan groups in my area, with most have a specific non-Druid focus, and I'm very in closet because most of my friends and family would not be accepting of my choice.  So that's why I'm here: to connect with and learn from others in the community I'm not quite able to find in person just yet.

On a personal note, my profession of atmospheric science is a huge part of my life, and I also enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, camping, genealogy, beer tasting, and crocheting, among many other interests!

Laveth

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the beginning of my path!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:33:06 pm »
Quote from: beith;131782
Hello!  I'm just recently starting on my path of Druidry.  Here's the back story in case anyone is interested.

I had long been feeling a disconnect from the religion I was raised in, Christianity (Lutheran), and getting away from church/any kind of spirituality.  I felt the most spirituality when I was out in nature, mostly hiking in the mountains.  I've also felt very drawn to Gaelic culture as I learned more about my genealogy and ancestors and was exposed to the music of Ireland, Scotland, and other areas of Britain.  I began researching neo-Pagan beliefs and practices and zeroed in on Druidry for its focus on nature and ancestors.

I'm very much a beginner and just starting to learn and work my path.  There aren't many Pagan groups in my area, with most have a specific non-Druid focus, and I'm very in closet because most of my friends and family would not be accepting of my choice.  So that's why I'm here: to connect with and learn from others in the community I'm not quite able to find in person just yet.

On a personal note, my profession of atmospheric science is a huge part of my life, and I also enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, camping, genealogy, beer tasting, and crocheting, among many other interests!

Welcome. :)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:57:08 am »

Welcome to The Cauldron!
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

hecate8

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 02:45:32 pm »

Hello and welcome to TC.
Free or drug free? America can\'t be both!

beith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:45:40 pm »
Quote from: Laveth;131849
Welcome. :)

Quote from: RandallS;131867
Welcome to The Cauldron!

Quote from: hecate8;131916
Hello and welcome to TC.

Thank you all for your kind welcome!

Viv

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 08:09:35 am »

Welcome to TC :)
"As every cat lover knows, nobody owns a cat." ~Ellen Perry Berkeley

AKA: windshadow; hesperia

Tags: