Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories What Kind of Conspiracy THeories Do You Know?  (Read 16048 times)

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://satsekhem.wordpress.com/
What Kind of Conspiracy THeories Do You Know?
« on: September 11, 2011, 11:24:42 pm »
I've always been fascinated by the whole "aternative theory" stuff. I only know of one, though. (The second gun man on the grassy knoll.)

How many do you know? What are they?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 11:03:48 am by SunflowerP »
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Jubes

• Staff
  • Location: Overlooking the bottom of a lake and the beginning of a river....
    • View Profile
Re: What Kind of Conspiracy THeories Do You Know?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 12:26:12 am »
Quote from: SatSekhem;19196
I've always been fascinated by the whole "aternative theory" stuff. I only know of one, though. (The second gun man on the grassy knoll.)

Oh I've  heard a ton of them  from  aliens planting  us on the  planet  earth to  chem trails to  who did  it's to Obama is the anti-christ! Some are way out there and  others have  some  merit to them. I actually started to  make a  message  board about  C.T's and other  fun stuff, then I got sidetracked  by TC  and  codes and  stuff and  just  never  got it off the ground, I might get back into  it  now  that the kids are back in school. :D:
Armed with  common sense and worldly ways.......

Marilyn/Absentminded

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 01:52:38 pm »

I love conspiracy sites.  I also love 'alternate interpretation-of-current-events' type sites.

My favourite conspiracy site is Above Top Secret (warning; very hard on the eyes):
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/

And my favourite of the other is The Daily Grail (although it seems to have changed a bit since the last time I was there):
http://www.dailygrail.com/

Absent
I smile when I\'m angry.  I cheat and I lie
I do what I have to do to get by
But I know what is wrong, and I know what is right
And I die for the truth in my secret life

In My Secret Life, L. Cohen

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 04:44:29 pm »

I've heard the "9/11 is an inside job OMG" and "we're alien experiments" ones...I feel like the Chem Trails ones have some merit to them, honestly.  lol  I've also heard the "everything is tapped, talk about NOTHING unless it's in person" which is true to an extent, but not the extent that some of the people I know talk about...My boyfriend is a huge fan of conspiracy theories, if only because a lot of them are fun to laugh at.  XD  Unfortunately, I have a couple of annoying "friends" that talk about nothing BUT conspiracy theories, and they're all completely serious about it...>.<'
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 06:41:35 pm »
Quote from: KittyVel;19363
I've heard the "9/11 is an inside job OMG" and "we're alien experiments" ones...I feel like the Chem Trails ones have some merit to them, honestly.  lol  I've also heard the "everything is tapped, talk about NOTHING unless it's in person" which is true to an extent, but not the extent that some of the people I know talk about...My boyfriend is a huge fan of conspiracy theories, if only because a lot of them are fun to laugh at.  XD  Unfortunately, I have a couple of annoying "friends" that talk about nothing BUT conspiracy theories, and they're all completely serious about it...>.<'

One of my future in-laws is massive anti-government. He doesn't have a bank account or anything that could possibly be "used against" him. Although, he did just got nabbed for failure to pay his taxes for years. Hee, hee. (The guy's an insufferable know-it-all.)
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

mandrina

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:45:53 pm »
Quote from: SatSekhem;19401
One of my future in-laws is massive anti-government. He doesn't have a bank account or anything that could possibly be "used against" him. Although, he did just got nabbed for failure to pay his taxes for years. Hee, hee. (The guy's an insufferable know-it-all.)

So one of your future in-laws is going to be a jailbird?  How does your intended feel about this?
Katrina

"I have a bad feeling about this."  Every good guy in the Star Wars saga, and an occasional bad guy as well.

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 10:30:15 pm »
Quote from: mandrina;19424
So one of your future in-laws is going to be a jailbird?  How does your intended feel about this?

It's on his side of the family, not mine. He has to live with that stigma. :D:

In reality, the entire family cannot stand the man. He's pugnacious to a fault.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Jubes

• Staff
  • Location: Overlooking the bottom of a lake and the beginning of a river....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 10:40:57 pm »
Quote from: Marilyn/Absentminded;19326

My favourite conspiracy site is Above Top Secret (warning; very hard on the eyes):
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/

Absent

Great THANKS!!!! I was almost  3 months ATS sober :ninja:
Armed with  common sense and worldly ways.......

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »

The various Jack the Ripper conspiracy theories.  The most widely talked about (thank-you Alan Moore) is probably The Royal Conspiracy.  I'll just let the article explain.

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

Mata

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 02:31:32 am »

I know too many! :p

In no particular order:

1)The global elite, royalty and world leaders are shape-shifting evil reptiles (thank you David Icke)
2)Barack Obama is the anti-christ.
3)Obama is really a secret extremist Muslim who wants to install Sharia law and outlaw Christianity.
4)Jews rule the world, yadda yadda.
5)chem trails
6)We're super sekret alehun experiments, and all gods and deities were originally aliens.
7)9/11 was an inside job
8)Gay rights activists are really part of a extremist movement to destroy morality and turn other people gay (a fundamentalist, uber-conservative Christian stand-by)

I know I know many more, but it's my bed time and I can't think of anymore at the moment. :eek:
" For this feeling of wonder shows that you are a philosopher, since wonder is the only beginning of philosophy..." - Socrates to Theaetetus.
Find me on Goodreads here

Julez

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 07:58:27 am »

All the conspiracies that I have found interesting and believable are EXTREMEMLY contraversal. They are subjects that I have never brought up WITHOUT a huge argument. lol  :ninja:

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 01:43:38 pm »
Quote from: Julez;19889
All the conspiracies that I have found interesting and believable are EXTREMEMLY contraversal. They are subjects that I have never brought up WITHOUT a huge argument. lol  :ninja:

I don't want to start an argument, but I wouldn't mind hearing the premise behind them...
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Shadow

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 03:45:51 pm »

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is that the Queen had Princess Diana killed to stop her from marrying a muslim and embarrassing the Royal Family.

Oh, and that Walter Sickert was Jack the Ripper (at least according to Patricia Cornwell)

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »
Quote from: Shadow;20021
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is that the Queen had Princess Diana killed to stop her from marrying a muslim and embarrassing the Royal Family.

Oh yes, her secretly being a shapeshifting reptile may have something to do with it.  Speaking seriously, marrying a Muslim would be minor compared to all the things Sarah has done over the years.

Oh, and that Walter Sickert was Jack the Ripper (at least according to Patricia Cornwell)

I think her evidence was along the lines of "his paintings creep me out so he must have sliced and diced at least one prostitute."

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

SatSekhem

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 09:09:27 pm »
Quote from: Melamphoros;20340
I think her evidence was along the lines of "his paintings creep me out so he must have sliced and diced at least one prostitute."

I'd much rather believe the whole Prince connection before the Sickert evidence.
Religious Blog
Regular Blog

Tags: