Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Author Topic: Can anyone help my daughter - I'm scared  (Read 6991 times)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
Re: Can anyone help my daughter - I'm scared
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 08:22:51 am »
Quote from: stitchinwith;41306
Although she has calmed down, she is feeling very fatigued, and when I asked if she could forcefully tell it to leave her alone, she looked quite daunted by the prospect.  I've planted that seed of thought you've given me in her mind, maybe when she is ready to face up to her fear, she'll be able to face up to this thing.

Sadly, being afraid of it might even be what it wants. A lot of entities like this seem to feed off of strong emotions and fear is a very easy one for them to generate.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 09:07:22 am »
Quote from: RandallS;41360
Sadly, being afraid of it might even be what it wants. A lot of entities like this seem to feed off of strong emotions and fear is a very easy one for them to generate.

I'm doing all I can to help boost her confidence so she can confront this without fear. As fear breeds fear, she has agreed not to see her friends until she has conquered her own.  

Thank you for your wise words.

SkySamuelle

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 09:34:26 am »
Quote from: stitchinwith;41250
Thanks, and yes, she did feel drained, and still is today.  I'm a newbie and not religious.  If there was any banishing ritual I could do that did not necessitate calling on a god or such like, I would feel quite comfortable to try it out.

Again, thank you so much. I'll let you know if I track down a non-religious banishing ritual, and more to the point, if it works.  Thanks.

I think most -or at least a fairly good number- of banishing rituals can be adapted to work without divine contibution.

You might make it  as simple as asking your daughter to draw the presence she feels on a slip of paper (it doesn't matter how abstact is the drawing, it would only matter that it represents the entity to her, the more closely possible... or she might represent the entity through a series of words she identifies with it), light a black candle and let the paper to burn while you repeat 'go away' as a mantra.

Keeping around the house bowls of seasalt is also known to have banishing effects towards malevolent entities.

Another possible, simple solution is a witch bottle... it doesn't require much ritualization and it's a very basic form of protection ... personally i find it helped to keep my apartment very clean from negative energies. Here's a link to understand how they work, their history, and how they are done:

http://www.ecauldron.net/witchbottle.php
“Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly.” ― Neil Gaiman *
Currently blogging at: http://seastruckbythecrossroads.wordpress.com/
Icon by jewelotus

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 12:57:36 pm »
Quote from: SkySamuelle;41365
I think most -or at least a fairly good number- of banishing rituals can be adapted to work without divine contibution.

You might make it  as simple as asking your daughter to draw the presence she feels on a slip of paper (it doesn't matter how abstact is the drawing, it would only matter that it represents the entity to her, the more closely possible... or she might represent the entity through a series of words she identifies with it), light a black candle and let the paper to burn while you repeat 'go away' as a mantra.

Keeping around the house bowls of seasalt is also known to have banishing effects towards malevolent entities.

Another possible, simple solution is a witch bottle... it doesn't require much ritualization and it's a very basic form of protection ... personally i find it helped to keep my apartment very clean from negative energies. Here's a link to understand how they work, their history, and how they are done:

http://www.ecauldron.net/witchbottle.php

Thank you so much.  I had been toying with the idea of doing a banishing ritual, but all I've been able to find so far have religious connotations, and I didn't know I could adapt them, or how to do them.  

Thanks also for the link and advice.  I'll let you know how my daughter and I get on.

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 07:51:48 pm »
Quote from: stitchinwith;41307
Again, thank you.  Thanks for explaining the crystals, thanks for understanding I am uncomfortable using gods I don't believe in, and thanks for the tips on books - read Visual Magic - got it on a pdf, and I've ordered Liber Null by Paul Huson - did Robert Crowley do one as well?  His name crops up in quite a few publications I've been reading.... I trust your knowledge, your common sense and your patience explaining things to me.  Thanks

My bad. I've read so many books I got my authors mixed up. It was Peter Carrol - Liber Null.

Praying and relying on Gods in my mind is an exercise in futility as well as blasphemous. In the instance these Gods do exist, it's a cinch they'll know you don't believe they even exist. One may as well ask ones front door to transform into a magic carpet and probably get the same result.
For human folly is without limit though society does much to
disguise its darker side. Cynicism, sadness or laughter is the
magician\'s privilege. -  Peter Carrol / Liber Null

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 08:04:12 pm »
Quote from: stitchinwith;41376
Thank you so much.  I had been toying with the idea of doing a banishing ritual, but all I've been able to find so far have religious connotations, and I didn't know I could adapt them, or how to do them.  

Thanks also for the link and advice.  I'll let you know how my daughter and I get on.

For me,,, and this is ME! It may or may not be you. I don't believe in the Christian God, Buddha or any other God, yet I'm no Heretic. I do believe in higher powers that be, yet I don't know their names or feel I have a need to know their names. It's kind of like Henry Ford once said, I don't need to know all the answers to all the problems, I just need to know where to go to get the answers.

When I'm asking for something, I'm asking for the help from my subconscious mind. The subconscious is much, much smarter than the conscious mind. It knows where to go and whom to ask for help with no interceding on my part. In fact, my conscious mind may send the subconscious on a fools errand by sending it to the wrong address.  The subconscious will know where to go and whom to ask for the help or answer you need.  It may send you on an errand doing a bit of legwork to find your answer/help or it may simply give you the answer/help in your head. It's hard as heck to explain and the only real way you'll understand is to do things yourself.

Instead of asking for help from a God you may not believe in, ask your own subconscious to help you solve the problem.

Last night I did exactly as I described above and I got the answer as well as the help I needed today. I however did use a sigil and was rather surprised that I had forgotten the sigil as soon as I finished the exercise.

It's also not necessary to use tools such as crystals if you don't feel they're necessary. Clasping your hands together, interlacing your fingers then extending your index fingers are more than an adequate pointer/wand. All you're doing is having an outlet for your energy to exit in any event.

Btw, I think you have already found your help because you were sent here and the answer may be in all of the above posts.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:09:26 pm by Smokebender »

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 08:17:28 pm »
Quote from: stitchinwith;41306
Although she has calmed down, she is feeling very fatigued, and when I asked if she could forcefully tell it to leave her alone, she looked quite daunted by the prospect.  I've planted that seed of thought you've given me in her mind, maybe when she is ready to face up to her fear, she'll be able to face up to this thing.

Again, thank you for your thoughts on this, I'm so glad I found TC.

It's not totally necessary that she be the one to "fix" things. You also have that option. You can make a shield for her. It can be something along the line of using a piece of jewelry she habitually wears. Charge it with keeping all evil away from her. Again, it doesn't require a God or a prayer really. You hold the jewelry in your hand, focus on it, then "charge" it with keeping her safe from harm. This isn't a 30 second thing you're doing. Your mind has to be empty of everything else except the jewelry and your intent. You'll know when to stop. What I did last night took me approximately 45 minutes or so. Note: I asked my subconscious to help me with my endeavor. Seems like a good idea because it already knows what I want, is smarter than me and since I'm asking nicely, It complied. It also knows I'm grateful.

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 11:19:28 pm »
Quote from: Smokebender;41419
For me,,, and this is ME! It may or may not be you. I don't believe in the Christian God, Buddha or any other God, yet I'm no Heretic. I do believe in higher powers that be, yet I don't know their names or feel I have a need to know their names. It's kind of like Henry Ford once said, I don't need to know all the answers to all the problems, I just need to know where to go to get the answer

Once again, I thank you, for your efforts, and for taking time to impart your knowledge and experience.  You are never going to believe this, but when I woke this morning, after spending most of the night on-line trying to find some ritual that would suit me and my non-beliefs, I wondered if I could just use "me" and my ability - you use the correct terminology "sub-conscious" - to perform a ritual.  

I will let you know how things go, but I am not rushing into this, I need to focus, and play through in my mind, what it is I want, and how I want to achieve it, before taking action.

Thank you so much, I truly appreciate your contributions to my education.

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 11:32:30 pm »
Quote from: Smokebender;41424
It's not totally necessary that she be the one to "fix" things. You also have that option. You can make a shield for her. It can be something along the line of using a piece of jewelry she habitually wears. Charge it with keeping all evil away from her. Again, it doesn't require a God or a prayer really. You hold the jewelry in your hand, focus on it, then "charge" it with keeping her safe from harm. This isn't a 30 second thing you're doing. Your mind has to be empty of everything else except the jewelry and your intent. You'll know when to stop. What I did last night took me approximately 45 minutes or so. Note: I asked my subconscious to help me with my endeavor. Seems like a good idea because it already knows what I want, is smarter than me and since I'm asking nicely, It complied. It also knows I'm grateful.

I have chills running down my spine.  That is exactly what I did today! I don't know where the idea came from, but it just seemed logical.  I put energy into my cards by holding them, so I thought I'd give it a try with a jade pendent she regularly wears.  I have to report that it took me over and hour and a half before I felt I had achieved all that I was visualising.

Thank you, thank you, oh, thank you.

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 12:28:46 am »
Quote from: stitchinwith;41444
I have chills running down my spine.  That is exactly what I did today! I don't know where the idea came from, but it just seemed logical.  I put energy into my cards by holding them, so I thought I'd give it a try with a jade pendent she regularly wears.  I have to report that it took me over and hour and a half before I felt I had achieved all that I was visualising.

Thank you, thank you, oh, thank you.

Good for you! Keep us posted and you're more than welcome! I'm not trying to influence you but Chaos is what I practice. Give a look at everything that's out there and then make your own mind up as to what you want to follow.

Oh yeah. No one else is to touch her pendent but her. You may consider recharging the pendent from time to time as the energy will weaken.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:30:48 am by Smokebender »

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 07:27:12 am »
Quote from: Smokebender;41458
Good for you! Keep us posted and you're more than welcome! I'm not trying to influence you but Chaos is what I practice. Give a look at everything that's out there and then make your own mind up as to what you want to follow.

Oh yeah. No one else is to touch her pendent but her. You may consider recharging the pendent from time to time as the energy will weaken.

Thanks, and yes I been reading up on Chaos, and still have more reading to do. And again, thanks for your advice.

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 03:32:40 pm »
Quote from: Smokebender;41418
Praying and relying on Gods in my mind is an exercise in futility as well as blasphemous. In the instance these Gods do exist, it's a cinch they'll know you don't believe they even exist. One may as well ask ones front door to transform into a magic carpet and probably get the same result.

You've hit the nail on the head...and that is why I'm trying to formulate something to suit my needs, my (non) beliefs, and the problem that I need to resolve.

Everyone here has been so helpful, and each has contributed valid points for me to mull over.  Again, thank you.

Smokebender

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 10:49:17 pm »
Quote from: stitchinwith;41476
Thanks, and yes I been reading up on Chaos, and still have more reading to do. And again, thanks for your advice.

If you can find it I recommend Magick of the Future - Karl Hans Welz

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 02:36:02 am »
Quote from: Smokebender;41517

Thanks again.  I've downloaded it, and it's next on the list to read.  Truly, thank you for your help.

stitchinwith

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 09:36:12 am »
Quote from: Smokebender;41517

Thanks for the tip, and it was so easy to find online.  I now have a pdf of it, and am slowly ingesting the info.  From what I've read so far, it ticking all my boxes.

Thank you so much.

Tags: