[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Satan  (Read 4072 times)

Deathcore

Satan
« on: January 31, 2017, 06:58:13 pm »
Here an article I wrote on Satan:

"Hi readers, in this article I will cover Satan, or better said “The one the average Joe refers to as The devil”; I have always been curious as an occultist to the nature and related of the entity known as Satan. He is also known as the opposer from biblical lore etc. I wanted to know what his skills are, what he is adept in if one were to work with him and it would seem that there is little actual occult information on him out there. I performed a ritual for him and asked him for said information. He did not disappoint.

Satan corresponds to the Planet Jupiter with Pisces as a zodiac sign; he is very sympathetic and friendly and is more than willing to welcome anyone that wishes to work with and/ or follow him. He is most skilled in all matters that need or require secrecy, remaining in the background & for anyone wanting to “stay” out of plain sight; this also includes invisibility but that is in the extremest of cases; practical applications are for example for people that want to take on work that requires this trait e.g. a spy or Private Investigator.
On a lesser note, he is also good in obtaining things that correspond to Jupiter, e.g. material wealth, improving psychic skills, legal matters, long distance/ foreign traveling, good fortune/ luck, and pretty much anything in general. The color associated with him is blue and the day is Thursday.

Regarding appearance, he generally takes on the form as he showed me of a serpent that hovers in the air if he were to show himself physically (no surprise there for me personally) but keep in mind that this is just the case in general; his appearance will depend at least partially on the operator and other external things.

Now, the oration given at the end is a general one for invoking him and if one wishes to work with him, they would need to set up an altar with whatever it is that he or she would like to offer (e.g. food & drink); if you’re smart about the basics a blue candle & correct incense would do, so Cedarwood. Also, keep in mind that since people differ there is no guarantee that it will work and that big, grand results require more time and better quality offerings ( Jupiter oil, wink-wink). His seal, which can also be found underneath should be attached onto the altar; it is recommended one work in the day, like mentioned before, and the hour of Jupiter-so Thursday in the correct hour; see the planetary hours calculator link for that.

I will close off with the fact that Satan is the exact opposite of what most people think and isn’t the evil asshole the church and society make him out to be; misunderstood for sure".

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
Re: Satan
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 03:24:37 pm »
Quote from: Deathcore;202135
Satan...is very sympathetic and friendly and is more than willing to welcome anyone that wishes to work with and/ or follow him.

Uh-huh. And of course that used car dealer with the classic 1959 Edsel really wants to be your lifelong bosom friend....
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 07:02:27 pm »
Quote from: Deathcore;202135
he is very sympathetic and friendly and is more than willing to welcome anyone that wishes to work with and/ or follow him.

I will close off with the fact that Satan is the exact opposite of what most people think and isn’t the evil asshole the church and society make him out to be; misunderstood for sure".

This is a fairly common view among theistic Satanist systems, and other similar systems. Especially if they include the belief that the Biblical God is actually the Demiurge, and not the "real" Supreme Being.

Often, Satan, Set, Loki and other such deities offer welcome to those who are unwelcome in 'normal' society for whatever reason. Darkhawk used to have a great essay on this, but I can't find it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Lumpino

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:46:31 am »
Quote from: Sefiru;202173
Often, Satan, Set, Loki and other such deities offer welcome to those who are unwelcome in 'normal' society for whatever reason. Darkhawk used to have a great essay on this, but I can't find it.

I think there is a little difference. Seth (Set) is ancient Egyptian god of planet Mercur. And he is in ancient paintings displayed on the bow of the boat of Ra.

HarpingHawke

• Staff
    • View Profile
  • Religion: shapeshifting, witchery, polytheism. under endless construction.
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 02:58:33 pm »
Quote from: Lumpino;202430
I think there is a little difference. Seth (Set) is ancient Egyptian god of planet Mercur. And he is in ancient paintings displayed on the bow of the boat of Ra.

I may just not be too well-educated about Kemeticism, but I've never heard of what you referenced before. Sources?
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Hemingway

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 07:03:35 pm »
Quote from: HarpingHawke;202443
I may just not be too well-educated about Kemeticism, but I've never heard of what you referenced before. Sources?

According to scholarly sources, Set was associated with the Big Dipper (which the Egyptians called a foreleg or an adze). I have a non-academic book that's more on the Hermetic side, that associates Set with Capricorn, but that's obviously got some Greek influence in it. I've never heard of any connection with Mercury; even if there were, it wouldn't be His primary characteristic. Or even in the top ten.

Also, there's no reason why a deity couldn't be both an 'outsider' god and a god of Mercury. Just saying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Lumpino

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 10:39:28 pm »
Quote from: Sefiru;202455
According to scholarly sources, Set was associated with the Big Dipper (which the Egyptians called a foreleg or an adze). I have a non-academic book that's more on the Hermetic side, that associates Set with Capricorn, but that's obviously got some Greek influence in it. I've never heard of any connection with Mercury; even if there were, it wouldn't be His primary characteristic. Or even in the top ten.

Also, there's no reason why a deity couldn't be both an 'outsider' god and a god of Mercury. Just saying.

http://www.ancient-egypt-online.com/seth.html
"The Egyptians associated Seth with the planet Mercury. ...."
Mercury is a planet nearest the Sun.

And Seth on the boat of Ra.
http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/egypt/raboat2.gif

Tom

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://serpentinetom.wordpress.com
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 05:22:40 pm »
Quote from: Lumpino;202461

And Seth on the boat of Ra.
http://gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/egypt/raboat2.gif

And did the Ancient Egyptians know that Mercury was the closest planet to the sun? I mean, for this to be a relevant fact in this discussion, I would imagine that this fact would've needed to be known. It isn't impossible as it seems that at least one Roman claims they knew this, but there is unfortunately no direct evidence.

And Set, while he was also one of those who protected Ra on his solar barge, he also is associated with the deserts of Egypt, the red land, which is where his association with being an outsider comes from. Deserts are usually not considered particularly livable places.

Sefiru

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 07:15:57 pm »
Quote from: Lumpino;202461

I'm not convinced that this site is a good source of information. It doesn't have any citations, bibliography (that I could find), external links or even an 'about the author' page. Not to mention the writing style is rather simplistic. I would definitely want to confirm anything I got from there with another source.

Anyway, my real question for you, Lumpino, is: even if Set is associated with Mercury, how is that important?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me on AO3 & Deviantart

Lumpino

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 01:15:08 am »
Quote from: Sefiru;202483

Anyway, my real question for you, Lumpino, is: even if Set is associated with Mercury, how is that important?

I just wanted to say that it might be all a bit complicated.

Tags: