Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Organ replacement  (Read 8394 times)

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: Organ replacement
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 08:57:54 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;202818
What do you mean? What is an "unbreakable entity"?

Ok I shall take my chances. what I use as my unbreakable entity is gravity. I find it helps to have something unbreakable in focus.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

ehbowen

• Grand Master Member
  • A Ways Around the Bend...
    • View Profile
    • Streamliner Schedules
  • Religion: Southern Baptist
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 10:46:47 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;202814
I suppose that this is "not impossible." However, there's no record of anything like this actually being done. All the people who claim to be able to do "psychic surgery" type stuff have turned out not to be actually able to do things like this. Many are reportedly outright fakes (that is, they are purposely faking what they are doing).

OTOH, the Gospel stories of Jesus record him restoring a man's withered hand, sight to blind men, and healing the lame (multiple times). Our own experience in the present day is that, even if the disability can be reversed (say, by grafting in new nerve tissue or transplanting a cornea), there is usually a requirement for extensive physical therapy before the subject "learns" to use his/her new capabilities.

While I don't claim any experience in the theory or practice of magic, I believe that what was happening here is that Jesus (or the Holy Spirit working on his behalf) was generating a new, parallel timeline in which the disabled limbs/organs were functioning properly, and then converging that timeline with the one we know so that the subject not only had his memories of what life was like with the disability, but also the (subconscious) knowledge of how to use his restored capabilities.

So, I do believe that the thought exercise Mr.(?) sevensons is presenting is theoretically possible...but I also believe that you need to be (or at least have the help of) a very senior deity in order to pull such off.
--------Eric H. Bowen
Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to have been an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
Computers are like air conditioning. They become useless when you open Windows—Linus Torvalds.

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 01:04:43 am »
Quote from: ehbowen;202858
While I don't claim any experience in the theory or practice of magic, I believe that what was happening here is that Jesus (or the Holy Spirit working on his behalf) was generating a new, parallel timeline in which the disabled limbs/organs were functioning properly, and then converging that timeline with the one we know so that the subject not only had his memories of what life was like with the disability, but also the (subconscious) knowledge of how to use his restored capabilities.

It's like the Butterfly Effect version of cloning yourself just to replace your organs!
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 05:18:06 am »
OTOH, the Gospel stories of Jesus record him restoring a man's withered hand, sight to blind men, and healing the lame (multiple times). Our own experience in the present day is that, even if the disability can be reversed (say, by grafting in new nerve tissue or transplanting a cornea), there is usually a requirement for extensive physical therapy before the subject "learns" to use his/her new capabilities.

So, I do believe that the thought exercise Mr.(?) sevensons is presenting is theoretically possible...but I also believe that you need to be (or at least have the help of) a very senior deity in order to pull such off.

To help others is a hole new ball game I could heal for a bit but I have found its not sustainable and in the long run could do more harm than good. you would have to work with them 24 7 I can only help myself its very time consuming.

I have the presence of some one for who I don't know. I look at her as the gods angel.
Awaken myself alive and well loving to start learning today ahead a challenge set by the Gods. Haven't

Instagram stevejomac

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 05:50:16 am »
Quote from: sevensons;202875
To help others is a hole new ball game I could heal for a bit but I have found its not sustainable and in the long run could do more harm than good. you would have to work with them 24 7 I can only help myself its very time consuming.

You make it sound like it'd be easier to replace the organs of your enemies with snakes. After all, these snake organs (snorgans) would not have to be maintained 24/7; if they failed, that would also benefit you.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 06:17:41 am »
Quote from: sevensons;202847
Ok I shall take my chances. what I use as my unbreakable entity is gravity. I find it helps to have something unbreakable in focus.

You are using "unbreakable entity" to mean something you consider "unbreakable" that you focus on?  If so, what do you mean by "if you can make the impossible possible you become an unbreakable entity...." It sounds like (in your case) you are saying if you could do the impossible you would become something like gravity?
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 06:23:15 am »
OTOH, the Gospel stories of Jesus record him restoring a man's withered hand, sight to blind men, and healing the lame (multiple times).

But no replacing body organs. :)  However, more seriously you are correct, I should have said that there is no evidence outside of myth and legend of any human actually doing what the OP is talking about via magic.

To me, that sounds harder that just directly changing this reality so the person was healed. Creating a new universe and then merging the two to get the healing effect seems like overkill.  But like organ replacement by magic, not impossible.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 08:31:05 am »
Quote from: RandallS;202880
You are using "unbreakable entity" to mean something you consider "unbreakable" that you focus on?  If so, what do you mean by "if you can make the impossible possible you become an unbreakable entity...." It sounds like (in your case) you are saying if you could do the impossible you would become something like gravity?

Ok what happens when something is wrong with your body the first sign is that it aches so I use the spell with unbreakable to vanquish any such feelings.

Instagram stevejomac

Darkhawk

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Suns in her Branches
  • Religion: An American Werewolf in the Akhet; Kemetic; Feri; Imaginary Baltic Heathen; Discordian; UU; CoX; Etc
  • Preferred Pronouns: any of he, they, she
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 09:08:43 am »
Quote from: sevensons;202884
Ok what happens when something is wrong with your body the first sign is that it aches so I use the spell with unbreakable to vanquish any such feelings.

Pain management is comparatively easy, I've been able to do that since I was a kid.

It does jack shit for any major disorder.
as the water grinds the stone
we rise and fall
as our ashes turn to dust
we shine like stars    - Covenant, "Bullet"

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 09:49:48 am »
Quote from: Darkhawk;202886
Pain management is comparatively easy, I've been able to do that since I was a kid.

It does jack shit for any major disorder.

That is just one process you could take any illness away if you got to it early enough. for instance I kind of found out my destiny was to die from my heart. so I took steps to strengthen my heart and the results are great I feel I go around with a big heart and your heart is so important to how well you feel. I feel my heart is exhilarated its an effective completion of the system.

Instagram stevejomac

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 10:15:16 am »
Quote from: sevensons;202887
That is just one process you could take any illness away if you got to it early enough. for instance I kind of found out my destiny was to die from my heart. so I took steps to strengthen my heart and the results are great I feel I go around with a big heart and your heart is so important to how well you feel. I feel my heart is exhilarated its an effective completion of the system.

As someone who has four different diagnoses for things that were going on in my body for years (and quite possibly decades) before they were symptomatic at all, that also seems like ... not a very productive alternative for me.

(And that's not counting the migraines or allergies where 'manage pain' and 'strengthening the relevant system' are not helpful approaches: the former because I mostly get neurological glitchiness with the migraines, and the latter because strengthening an overactive immune system doesn't help.

Also doesn't help at least two of my other conditions, which are auto-immune in nature. And yet, dampening the immune system, also a really bad long-term health choice.)

My take on magic for medical reasons is that our bodies are amazing and do so many things, but most of us - even people with years of medical training and research - have very little clue about how that works. (We can tell that some stuff helps, but we don't always know why, or how to minimise unwanted effects.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 01:55:12 pm »
Quote from: Jenett;202888
As someone who has four different diagnoses for things that were going on in my body for years (and quite possibly decades) before they were symptomatic at all, that also seems like ... not a very productive alternative for me.

(And that's not counting the migraines or allergies where 'manage pain' and 'strengthening the relevant system' are not helpful approaches: the former because I mostly get neurological glitchiness with the migraines, and the latter because strengthening an overactive immune system doesn't help.

Also doesn't help at least two of my other conditions, which are auto-immune in nature. And yet, dampening the immune system, also a really bad long-term health choice.)

My take on magic for medical reasons is that our bodies are amazing and do so many things, but most of us - even people with years of medical training and research - have very little clue about how that works. (We can tell that some stuff helps, but we don't always know why, or how to minimise unwanted effects.)

You seem to be at the first step if you can't decanter your thought process you would be just like every one else. the mind is the control room it has a set program if you don't get off that step each day you are perceptible to anything. I speak from experience like I have said before once you get off the programs you are on you experience ecstasy.

Instagram stevejomac

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 02:38:24 pm »
Quote from: sevensons;202891
You seem to be at the first step if you can't decanter your thought process you would be just like every one else. the mind is the control room it has a set program if you don't get off that step each day you are perceptible to anything. I speak from experience like I have said before once you get off the programs you are on you experience ecstasy.

Ecstasy is not healing. (Healing is not necessarily curing either, but that's another story.)

Also, you're not making much sense at all.
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

sevensons

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 02:55:08 pm »
Quote from: Chatelaine;202893
Ecstasy is not healing. (Healing is not necessarily curing either, but that's another story.)

Also, you're not making much sense at all.

There are spells in the mind that you have to get rid of.

Instagram stevejomac

Chatelaine

• Staff
  • Metaphors be with you.
    • View Profile
    • Are We There Yet?
  • Religion: Eastern Orthodox Christian
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 02:57:20 pm »
Quote from: sevensons;202895
There are spells in the mind that you have to get rid of.

I call the thingamajigs in my mind a lot of things, but spells is not one of them. :)
'You created us restless, O Lord, and we find no rest until we rest in You.'
~St Augustine~
Whole blog o' nonsense: Are We There Yet?

Tags: