Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 06:39:30 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Yei
[Today at 06:03:12 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 04:12:49 pm]

"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Author Topic: Seeking and searching...my introduction  (Read 2283 times)

Ncalt10

• View Profile
Seeking and searching...my introduction
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:34:50 pm »
I thought it would be polite to introduce myself as I have just joined after browsing for weeks. My name is Nacolle, pronounced the same as Nicole. I began my journey of research about 3 years ago after moving from WV to SC. My journey has uncovered many questions that I hope can finally be answered.

I was raised without religion. My parents were both raised Catholic and fell away once they started a family because they wanted their children to have the right to choose. Unfortunately, this has left me feeling quite empty and rutted.

Any advice on how to choose the best path for oneself is greatly appreciated.

Ocelot

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking and searching...my introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:01:53 pm »
Quote from: Ncalt10;14666
I thought it would be polite to introduce myself as I have just joined after browsing for weeks. My name is Nacolle, pronounced the same as Nicole.

Welcome to The Cauldron, Nacolle!
~<>~ Flame of light, flame of dark, working together, never apart.
Dancing in harmony, balance assured, dark absorbs so light may endure.
~<>~

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 10:17:17 pm »

Welcome to TC. Unfortunately, there's no quick or sure way to find your path. For some it comes quickly, for others it takes years. Most, of course are somewhere between those extremes.
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Helmsman_of_Inepu

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:58:07 pm »

Hi and welcome. I'd say take a look around and see what seems to speak to you.
Kemetic Reconaissance blog.
ShrineBeautiful blog. Inspiring, enchanting sacred spaces.
FlameKeeping- Open Source Spirituality!

KittyVel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 12:32:56 am »
I thought it would be polite to introduce myself as I have just joined after browsing for weeks. My name is Nacolle, pronounced the same as Nicole. I began my journey of research about 3 years ago after moving from WV to SC. My journey has uncovered many questions that I hope can finally be answered.

I was raised without religion. My parents were both raised Catholic and fell away once they started a family because they wanted their children to have the right to choose. Unfortunately, this has left me feeling quite empty and rutted.

Hiya, welcome to The Cauldron from an Anpu-following therian!  :3  I certainly hope that you find what you're looking for, and I'll see you around the forums!  *chirps*
<3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you\'re not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Dragonfly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:00:51 am »
[QUOTE

Any advice on how to choose the best path for oneself is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hi.  I'm new here too.  Pleased to meetcha.

Follow your curiosity.  Questions are good.  In fact, the questions matters more than the answers, I think.

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 02:13:21 am »

Read everything you can get your hands on and see what interests you.  :)

You could start with a couple of resources here on TC:  the Pagan Primer and the Teens and Paganism FAQ.  Both of those have lots of links to more info about specific topics.  Despite its name, the FAQ is helpful for people of any age.  Just ignore the parts that are not relevant to you.  ;)

Welcome to TC!

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 08:28:05 am »

Welcome to the Cauldron!

And I second the suggestion of questions.  You need to know what it is you're looking FOR before you can try to find it!

Ncalt10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 12:48:18 pm »
Quote from: HeartShadow;14746
Welcome to the Cauldron!

And I second the suggestion of questions.  You need to know what it is you're looking FOR before you can try to find it!

Thank you all for your advice. I have checked out the FAQ file and found a lot of new information. Some of my questions were answered simply by reading that writing. So many more have arose in their place. Throuhout a lot of the books I have read, they talk about first setting your belief system and organizing it. Is this something anyone has done?

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 12:55:26 pm »
Quote from: Ncalt10;14799
Thank you all for your advice. I have checked out the FAQ file and found a lot of new information. Some of my questions were answered simply by reading that writing. So many more have arose in their place. Throuhout a lot of the books I have read, they talk about first setting your belief system and organizing it. Is this something anyone has done?

Yes, I have - for me, it's called FlameKeeping.  at http://www.flamekeeping.org

Phoenix_Sacred

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 04:32:17 pm »

Hello & welcome to the site!

I believe that there are not really any "best path" as it is a reflection of who we are. As you come into contact with material, it will either attract you, leave you indifferent or repel you. There will probably be some trial and error, but over time you will notice a pattern as far as what is more or less meaningful for you. You will connect the dots and focus on what you feel is more right for you.

You have already started and already on your path. I think that the basics such as meditation & visualization will make you progress further, Don't worry about the full path for now. That will reveal itself.

"Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how much you can get hit and still keep moving forward."

Ncalt10

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 06:37:24 pm »
Quote from: Phoenix_Sacred;14847
Hello & welcome to the site!

You have already started and already on your path. I think that the basics such as meditation & visualization will make you progress further, Don't worry about the full path for now. That will reveal itself.

Thank you for your response. I have been learning and practicing meditative yoga for a little over 5 months now. I have found that when I meditate I am able to see things clearer. Many of the books I have speak of visualization. Are there any tips on more detailed and lasting visualizations?

Phoenix_Sacred

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:26 pm »
Quote from: Ncalt10;14897
Thank you for your response. I have been learning and practicing meditative yoga for a little over 5 months now. I have found that when I meditate I am able to see things clearer. Many of the books I have speak of visualization. Are there any tips on more detailed and lasting visualizations?

Regarding visualizations and their strength/duration, I would say that the easiest answer is to practice working with it, just as with any skill. Your visualization abilities will seem to be enhanced during and after periods of meditation, as what we're really doing is accessing different and deeper states of awareness, which allows for the uncovering of deeper sensory awareness too. One of the main reasons why meditation is important is because while in a meditative state, we're more "open" to things like enhanced sensory perception and intuitive faculties. The idea is that the more time you spend there, the stronger and more natural these abilities become. So, if you meditate regularly, you begin to sort of string together those moments of insight and enhanced awareness, which can eventually lead to your living in that state of heightened perception and intuition all the time (which is the goal.) Continuous, consistent meditative practice will help to increase this naturally, so I would say one effective means is to keep doing what you're doing.

Hope that helps, and let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Hope you're doing well on your meditative yoga!

"Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how much you can get hit and still keep moving forward."

Tags: