Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Important dates?  (Read 3183 times)

savveir

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Important dates?
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:44:37 pm »
I have been thinking about calendars again, specifically finding celebrations from a Baltic and/or Slavic persuasion. I have found a few mentioned in my reading (The Russian Bathhouse at Midnight), and will need to go through it more thoroughly and jot things down.

I'd be curious to know what dates you celebrate, and what's relevant to you.

Do you have any important dates in your Baltic or Slavic practice? Do you have a calendar informed by these things?
"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it."
-Lewis Carroll

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
Re: Important dates?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 12:34:06 am »
Quote from: savvy;150511
Do you have any important dates in your Baltic or Slavic practice? Do you have a calendar informed by these things?

I just got a reminder today from the SlavicRecon Yahoo group that Kupala/midsummer is coming up, actually. They have a pretty impressive calendar, though you might have to join to see it.
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Tom

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://serpentinetom.wordpress.com
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:55:31 am »
Quote from: Jack;150514
I just got a reminder today from the SlavicRecon Yahoo group that Kupala/midsummer is coming up, actually. They have a pretty impressive calendar, though you might have to join to see it.

I've been trying to figure out what to do for Midsummer myself actually, though apparently the block I live on is having a party that day, so I probably will just go to that at the very least. But in a religious sense, I have no idea.

Lana288

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 02:58:41 pm »
Quote from: savvy;150511
I have been thinking about calendars again, specifically finding celebrations from a Baltic and/or Slavic persuasion. I have found a few mentioned in my reading (The Russian Bathhouse at Midnight), and will need to go through it more thoroughly and jot things down.

I'd be curious to know what dates you celebrate, and what's relevant to you.

I've actually been working on this recently. So far, my religious calendar consists of Kaledos around Christmas, Velines around Halloween, the Equinoxes and Rasa. Eventually, I hope to include the various rituals for Spring and Autumn, but I'm not in a rush to get them all in this year- I need time to assimilate.

Quote from: Tom;150528
I've been trying to figure out what to do for Midsummer myself actually, though apparently the block I live on is having a party that day, so I probably will just go to that at the very least. But in a religious sense, I have no idea.

I'll be celebrating Rasa for the first time myself, so I think it'll mostly consist of lighting a candle to the Sun and praying. And... that's about it. (I'm not the best of worshippers, sadly...)

Tags: