Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: Working with lodestones  (Read 2611 times)

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Working with lodestones
« on: June 17, 2014, 06:31:53 pm »
Has anyone here worked with lodestones, whether with just one or a pair? I've been looking into generating more stable energy when it comes to things like my home, job, finances, etc. and I saw lodestones recommended quite a bit over at Lucky Mojo. So I'm curious to know what experience Cauldronites have with them!
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
Re: Working with lodestones
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 06:13:38 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;150340
Has anyone here worked with lodestones, whether with just one or a pair?

I've done a general put-it-on-a-prosperity-altar and feed-it-with-whiskey-and-iron-filings thing. It was a while ago. (Hmm, I wonder if I can play with the spell to attract good professors for my PhD in my direction!) What are you thinking of doing with the lodestones?
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Aeternitatis

• Sr. Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 01:12:42 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;150340
Has anyone here worked with lodestones, whether with just one or a pair? I've been looking into generating more stable energy when it comes to things like my home, job, finances, etc. and I saw lodestones recommended quite a bit over at Lucky Mojo. So I'm curious to know what experience Cauldronites have with them!

I have a lodestone buddy I have been working with for quite a while. Feeding with whisky and such for prosperity. It has actually been working well for me, and in a far more subtle way then I originally thought it would.
At first I felt I wasn't working with it right, cos it felt kind of like it was hibernating/sleepy most of the time, but I now am in a situation where things have just lined up in such a way that I will be financially secure for the long term. Which is something I never expected to happen so early in my life, nor was I in a position to be working towards it in any meaningful way, but the long term security is what I have been wanting waaay more than any short term relief when I think about what I have really wanted from working with it. I definitely attribute my situation in part to the long term subtle workings of my loadstone buddy.

On another note, I work in sales and any time I bring it with me, I have a noticeably better day than normal. Which I tracked for a month and a half before I decided it was significant enough to accept it really was making a difference.

So I would say, good experiences, especially for me in creating a lasting financial stability and job performance (which leads to raises!).

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 11:19:32 am »
Quote from: Naomi J;150379
I've done a general put-it-on-a-prosperity-altar and feed-it-with-whiskey-and-iron-filings thing. It was a while ago. (Hmm, I wonder if I can play with the spell to attract good professors for my PhD in my direction!) What are you thinking of doing with the lodestones?
Initially I saw one person using them to 'fetch' a house for someone, but I liked the idea more of a long term relationship with a spirit (or energy) working in tandem to create a better flow of prosperity for my household. This I think can be accomplished in a number of ways (I'm reminded of Kiya mentioning her partner's cow piggy bank, which is ingenious), but I am really attracted to the concept of using a lodestone.
On the Rivers

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 03:55:26 pm »
Quote from: Aeternitatis;150630
I have a lodestone buddy I have been working with for quite a while. Feeding with whisky and such for prosperity. It has actually been working well for me, and in a far more subtle way then I originally thought it would.
At first I felt I wasn't working with it right, cos it felt kind of like it was hibernating/sleepy most of the time, but I now am in a situation where things have just lined up in such a way that I will be financially secure for the long term. Which is something I never expected to happen so early in my life, nor was I in a position to be working towards it in any meaningful way, but the long term security is what I have been wanting waaay more than any short term relief when I think about what I have really wanted from working with it. I definitely attribute my situation in part to the long term subtle workings of my loadstone buddy.

On another note, I work in sales and any time I bring it with me, I have a noticeably better day than normal. Which I tracked for a month and a half before I decided it was significant enough to accept it really was making a difference.

So I would say, good experiences, especially for me in creating a lasting financial stability and job performance (which leads to raises!).

Oops, I missed this post. I'm sorry!

This is really interesting to know! Thanks! I never actually thought to carry it with me (in a mojo bag, sure, but a mojo bag is a different job than just working with a lodestone, iirc?). Initially I was just planning on having it set up somewhere nice in my home and not "handling" it much. Hmmm.

I actually finally made my LM purchase so hopefully in the coming weeks I'll have some actual, hands-on experience with a lodestone and not just having to deal with theory. :)

(And also some magnetic sand. Whiskey is plentiful in this household. :D: )

Oh, one last question: for those of you who have lodestones, have you named them? Do you think it's necessary or just another way of working with one?
On the Rivers

Izzie414

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 10:41:53 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;151613
Oops, I missed this post. I'm sorry!

This is really interesting to know! Thanks! I never actually thought to carry it with me (in a mojo bag, sure, but a mojo bag is a different job than just working with a lodestone, iirc?). Initially I was just planning on having it set up somewhere nice in my home and not "handling" it much. Hmmm.

I actually finally made my LM purchase so hopefully in the coming weeks I'll have some actual, hands-on experience with a lodestone and not just having to deal with theory. :)

(And also some magnetic sand. Whiskey is plentiful in this household. :D: )

Oh, one last question: for those of you who have lodestones, have you named them? Do you think it's necessary or just another way of working with one?

LuckyMojo.com suggests treating lodestones as living things, talking to them, etc.

I have a bloodstone skull that promptly notified me of its name. I now address that skull by name, and talk to him (he hangs out on my ancestral altar) . So, naming the stones might be a good idea for establishing a working relationship.

Tags: