Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[April 15, 2024, 03:15:33 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Author Topic: How do I contact a moderator?  (Read 1822 times)

Selenography

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
How do I contact a moderator?
« on: June 17, 2014, 05:18:17 pm »
Hi! I am pretty new here and can't figure out where the mods' names are listed or how to send one a message.  I checked the FAQ but didn't see it. Can you help me out, please?

missgraceless

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Eclectic Pagan
Re: How do I contact a moderator?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 05:29:19 pm »
Quote from: Selenography;150330
Hi! I am pretty new here and can't figure out where the mods' names are listed or how to send one a message.  I checked the FAQ but didn't see it. Can you help me out, please?

On the right side of any page on the forum, there's a column that starts with Members In Chat, then Donate!, then a list of Staff below that. You can click on any of their names and it will take you to their profile. From there, under the name/avatar is "Send Private Message." And there you have it!

Please note, I'm not a mod at all, just another friendly Cauldronite.
"Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."   ~ Morticia Addams

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:06:15 pm »
Quote from: missgraceless;150331
On the right side of any page on the forum, there's a column that starts with Members In Chat, then Donate!, then a list of Staff below that. You can click on any of their names and it will take you to their profile. From there, under the name/avatar is "Send Private Message." And there you have it!

Please note, I'm not a mod at all, just another friendly Cauldronite.

It's worth noting that while some staff members (including me) are fine with PMs, some prefer email - f'ex, Randall, the forum host, is one of the latter; he finds it too easy to lose track of PMs.

We don't have any place where staff members' preferences for how to be contacted are listed (we really should; I think we've discussed the possibility a time or two, but nothing ever came of it), so if you don't know for sure about which method a given staff person prefers, it's best to choose 'Send Email' (also in the profile, in the same place).

It's probably also worth noting that all staff are volunteers, and can be busy with their lives off TC; we try to be prompt in responding to queries, but it can still take several hours, or even a day or two (or more; some staff members are unable to be on the board often). Unless a question is in some way private, it's often better to post it to this forum (Board Questions, Suggestions, and Feedback) where all staff members - and friendly helpful Cauldronites like missgraceless :) - can see it.

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:30:51 pm »
Quote from: SunflowerP;150346
It's worth noting

It's probably also worth noting that, if you want to contact a mod regarding a specific post, you can do so by clicking on the "report post" button, which is the little black triangle button with the "!" in it, which is located at the bottom left of every post.  It will open a window where you can include your message about why you're reporting it.

~ Aster
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Aranel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:45:06 pm »
Quote from: Aster Breo;150350
It's probably also worth noting that, if you want to contact a mod regarding a specific post, you can do so by clicking on the "report post" button, which is the little black triangle button with the "!" in it, which is located at the bottom left of every post.  It will open a window where you can include your message about why you're reporting it.

~ Aster

Or if on Tapatalk by tapping the post, then selecting "more" and then the report button should appear. (I've only recently started using Tapatalk, am still learning how to use it and because of this post I decided to figure out where the report button is)

(Also, not a mod, just a regular member trying to be helpful. :) )

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 08:24:49 pm »
Quote from: Aranel;150352
Or if on Tapatalk by tapping the post, then selecting "more" and then the report button should appear. (I've only recently started using Tapatalk, am still learning how to use it and because of this post I decided to figure out where the report button is)

(Also, not a mod, just a regular member trying to be helpful. :) )

On my version of tapatalk, I tap the post to which I want to reply (it turns blue), then I tap the little vertical line of 3 dots at the top left of my screen. That gives me a pop down menu that includes "report".
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Tags: