Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Things that Stifle  (Read 1461 times)

Devo

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • http://seshemherkekew.livejournal.com
Things that Stifle
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:54:16 pm »
Since I don't always make it to the beginnings of the FK chat, which is where homework is discussed, I wanted to post my homework for this week here- so that everyone can see what I'm up to.

"The homework for this week was to take something that stifles your flame, and try to find ways to lessen it. I have lots of  things that stifle, and I’m frequently trying to find ways to remove those barriers. Those issues. My biggest issue ever, though, has to be eating out. I love to eat out. And it eats up a lot of my money. For years I’ve been trying to figure out ways to stop this habit, and the week before last, I tried a new, unthinkable angle. Wanna hear it?

I bought more groceries.

Normally, I would buy the bare minimum. I wouldn’t buy snacks. I’d get minimal supplies. And my recipes would be bare bones things (like… 5 ingredients or less). But now, the goal is to spend *more*. To invest in snacks, random things to eat, and recipes that actually involve different flavors than just meat and vegetables. And lo! We’ve eaten in most of the days tihs week. Yeah, we ate out twice- due to our schedule getting messed up. But even with those two flubs, we spent less last week than on a normal week, because we invested in groceries. So this is the new angle. for me.

This helps my flame because it helps me save money, which reduces stress. It allows my s.o. to have more choices in foods, and to not feel guilty for eating snacks, or buying snacks. Which helps our relationship- which also reduces stress. This also reduces anger. In many ways, eating in makes my life easier and better. And that helps my Flame."

I also have journalled my stuff for last week- but I wasn't in the chat fast enough to discuss it. So if we wanted to, we could talk more indepth about last week's homework as well :)

Feel free to share your own homework here!

-Devo
dA | FB | LJ | WP

Shawnee

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Things that Stifle
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:09:33 pm »
Quote from: Devo;14484

"The homework for this week was to take something that stifles your flame, and try to find ways to lessen it.

I focused on my habit of procrastinating. Earlier I had been making out lists to keep on the table beside me. I took the lists and broke them down into more specific detail. This helped me to do a small part of a larger job and feel good about my accomplishments.

I am happy to report that I actually crossed off 1 large job and a few small ones. Now that I have a workable rather than overwhelming list I will be able to get things done. The plan is to do 2-3 small things a day if possible. So I will not only be getting neglected things finished but be fanning my Flame instead of stifling it. :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:11:59 pm by Shawnee »

Tags: