evewitch is on a distinguished road evewitch's Avatar
    Last Online
    4 May 2014 @ 06:57 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    pagan non-delineated

Finally Doing this Intro Thing

Hi all! Found the Cauldron just before the most recent forum change. Never posted in the previous incarnation, but have posted a bit here now.

Spiritual: Mostly Wiccan pagan (or pagan Wiccan, haha) since junior high/high school. I was introduced by Erica Jong's Witches, of all things. I have been a lazy practitioner for the most part. I can manipulate energy fairly easily, but cannot often be moved to do any rituals or formally dedicate myself, etc. Yes, I am working on that. I grew up in a Catholic family and when pressed to go to church, I am a bit moved by the energy raised, but intellectually Christianity does nothing for me. I have attended Unitarian Universalist churches in the past, mainly for the fellowship, but they are too far away from where I live now.

Personal: 36 year old (today) mother of two and grandmother of 1. Yipes! Married 13 years this fall. Some of you have read in another thread that the marriage is difficult at times, but I am working on it. I am a steel worker, but not by choice. I also play roller derby. I am trying to immerse myself more in local history and culture, in part in the hopes that the "city spirits" will see fit to help me get a better job. I live in smaller-town North Carolina. No local spiritual or occult ties for that reason, although I'm sure the possibility exists.

I guess that's it!

Senior Staff Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album pictures5000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow has much to be proud of HeartShadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    FlameKeeping
    Pronouns
    she/her

Re: Finally Doing this Intro Thing

Quote Originally Posted by evewitch View Post
    Official welcome! Welcome to the Cauldron!

Administrator Achievements:
    OverdriveRecommendation Second ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RandallS has disabled reputation RandallS's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Hellenic Pagan
    Pronouns
    he/him/his

Hi all! Found the Cauldron just before the most recent forum change. Never posted in the previous incarnation, but have posted a bit here now.
    Welcome!
    Randall
    RetroRoleplaying [Blog] -- Out Of Print & Out Of Style Tabletop Roleplaying Games
    Software Gadgets Blog -- Interesting Software, Mostly Free
    Cheap Web Hosting -- Find an Affordable Web Host

Newbie Dragonfly is on a distinguished road Dragonfly's Avatar
    Last Online
    16 Oct 2011 @ 12:34 AM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Witch type

Spiritual: Mostly Wiccan pagan (or pagan Wiccan, haha) since junior high/high school. I was introduced by Erica Jong's Witches, of all things. I have been a lazy practitioner for the most part. I can manipulate energy fairly easily, but cannot often be moved to do any rituals or formally dedicate myself, etc. Yes, I am working on that. I grew up in a Catholic family and when pressed to go to church, I am a bit moved by the energy raised, but intellectually Christianity does nothing for me. I have attended Unitarian Universalist churches in the past, mainly for the fellowship, but they are too far away from where I live now.

Personal: 36 year old (today) mother of two and grandmother of 1. Yipes! Married 13 years this fall. Some of you have read in another thread that the marriage is difficult at times, but I am working on it. I am a steel worker, but not by choice. I also play roller derby. I am trying to immerse myself more in local history and culture, in part in the hopes that the "city spirits" will see fit to help me get a better job. I live in smaller-town North Carolina. No local spiritual or occult ties for that reason, although I'm sure the possibility exists.

I guess that's it!
    Roller derby is SO COOL!

Master Member Achievements:
    Your first GroupThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    KittyVel is on a distinguished road KittyVel's Avatar
    Last Online
    12 Sep 2012 @ 03:37 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    I belong to Anpu, am interested in Sekhmet, Mafdet, and Bast/UU/Mixture of a bunch of stuff!

I guess that's it!
    Hiya, and welcome to an Anpu-following therian! I live in North Carolina, also! :3 I certainly hope that you enjoy your stay here, and I'll see you around the forums! *chirps*
    <3 Rest in peace, Christiana. I love you so much, and I miss you like crazy already. At least you're not hurting anymore...May you ascend. <3

Journeyman Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesOverdriveTagger Second Class31 days registered
    hufflee is on a distinguished road hufflee's Avatar
    Last Online
    23 Oct 2011 @ 10:57 PM
    Country
    USA
    Religion
    Eclectic Spiritual Witch

Welcome to TC, and happy birthday!
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change - Unknown
    "This [the Irish] is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
    Sigmund Freud (My Irish heart is laughing)

+ Reply to Thread