Re: "Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 10:58:24 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SirPalomides
[Today at 08:57:21 am]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:06:51 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Author Topic: Advice on protecting myself and cleaning my ritual room. Advice on invoking a spirit.  (Read 2103 times)

Druidess21

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
I am a total newbie when of comes to Paganism and magick. I am learning as much as I can and am trying to find a good source of information on the internet. This issue actually started about a year ago.

I have always been sensitive and have always had the ability to perceive more of my world than most people. That said I also seem to be a beacon of sorts to spirits. I could go on for days about experiences I've had but I'll spare you.

One night while I was watching a movie in the dark when I felt someone lightly stroke my hand. It felt like someone just lightly stroked the side of my hand with their finger tip. I brushed it off not thinking much of it. It happened a few more times. When I finally went to bed I felt static in the air like there was another presence. A few minutes later I felt something invisible crawl on top of me. It was very hard to shake off. I managed to get out of bed. I said a prayer, told it I am a child of God and he must leave in the name of Jesus Christ (I was slightly Christian at the time). I went outside to smoke and a few minutes later went back to bed. It started up again. I told it to stop and rolled over to hold my ex to try to lose some fear (I know things like this feed off of our negative emotions). Not 30 seconds later my ex sat up gasping for air. He was very afraid and he said it felt like someone was sitting on his chest. He also had three scratches down his face.

These nightly visits continued (and are still continuing). I am the only person affected though. Every night I'm woken just as I'm drifting off. My leg or arms are shaken or my whole body is jolted. Once my entire body was pushed. I won't go into detail but he's done things to make me think he may be an incubus. I've tried everything I know to get rid of it. Nothing has worked. I've prayed, called upon Arch Angels, done spells, I've even invoked (or tried to) using Donald Tyson's Sexual Alchemy. Every spirit I've ever encountered has listened to me when I told them to leave. This is the first time it hasn't. It's followed me when I sleep outside of the house. I know it's me that's "haunted" and not my house. Now that I've left Christianity, began studying Paganism (different religiouns within the Pagan umbrella) and began doing magick my senses are stronger. I'm actually beginning to "hear" him. It's like a thought but out of nowhere and without the foreshadowing that occurs with a normal thought.  The dark entity puts me down and speaks mostly in profanity and the light entity I've conjured speaks kindly to and is very friendly. The dark entity's energy is dark, anxious and scary. The light entity (Rembrul) feels light, loving and tranquil. However I think the dark one scares Rembrul away or perhaps has more of a hook on me than Rembrul.

I made the mistake of not clearing the dark energy out of my ritual room (also my bedroom) before I began doing rituals.

I know this all sounds very far-fetched but I swear it's the truth. Hearing voices is scary to me but I know I gotta get used to it if I'm to do the work I want to do. I'm hoping you guys will be understanding and open since that's what this site is geared to. I've stopped doing any rituals until I remove this entity from my life. I do plan to resume my relationship with Rembrul and any work I do with him. I'm very interested in it.

I just need to know how to remove this dark entity, how to cleanse and protect my room and myself and any other advice any of you want to share. I'm getting desperate here. Some nights it takes me three hours just to fall asleep. I also feel like my spiritual growth is on hold until I fix this.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:36:49 pm by SunflowerP »

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
Quote from: Druidess21;147645

Hi, Druidess21,

We don't mind long posts here, but to avoid having a hard-to-read wall-o'-text, hitting "enter" twice every few lines adds some white space and makes it easier to follow - I've edited yours to add those breaks, but it's a really good habit to get into yourself.

They don't have to be the "proper" place for paragraph breaks (we're interested in readability more than technicalities), or a complete change of thought - some thoughts take a lot of lines and need to be broken up into sub-thoughts - as long as they're there.

Sunflower, TC Forum Staff
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
It's like a thought but out of nowhere and without the foreshadowing that occurs with a normal thought.  The dark entity puts me down and speaks mostly in profanity and the light entity I've conjured speaks kindly to and is very friendly. The dark entity's energy is dark, anxious and scary. The light entity (Rembrul) feels light, loving and tranquil. However I think the dark one scares Rembrul away or perhaps has more of a hook on me than Rembrul.

First, I was also born sensitive and frustrated by the lack of effectiveness of prayers to angels and the big G in dealing with these terrible experiences. And I'll get back to that, but just so you know--you're not alone!

Second, I've very recently gotten into Alchemy via Catherine MacCoun's On Becoming an Alchemist so thank you for mentioning Donald Tyson's book! I'm definitely going to check that out!

Does it mention any sort of gatekeepers, though? Because MacCoun's book details encounters with gatekeepers of light and darkness that sound like what you're going through...

I just need to know how to remove this dark entity, how to cleanse and protect my room and myself and any other advice any of you want to share. I'm getting desperate here. Some nights it takes me three hours just to fall asleep. I also feel like my spiritual growth is on hold until I fix this.

Have you heard of sleep paralysis or REM atonia? That explained a lot of my own similar experiences, although it was also paranormal in my interpretation (your interpretation of the Incubus is as good as any, I think).

These encounters could be thoughtforms reflective of some damage sustained by your soul or spirit, so perhaps some psycho-spiritual healing is in order before cleansing the ritual room and invocations...unless ritual motions help feedback into said psycho-spiritual healing, which it can do.

The thing is, I primarily work from a psychological standpoint, so the most powerful protection spell to me does not depend on what you do, but what happens to bring out your personal sense of boundaries. So, the most effective protection spell that I have made so far, involves the symbolism of chess pieces...which is only a game to other people, and not particularly magical, divine, or powerful. But playing chess is when I feel the most sure of myself and in a safe space, and that's why my protection rituals involve chess pieces and movements.

Yours could involve the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, or crystal grids, incense and smoke smudging, literal bells and whistles and music, the Aegishjalmur-- or some other set of materials, symbols, and ritual motion. Unfortunately, because (I believe) it's so individual, it can be a matter of "just try and go for what you feel works" which is exhausting and discouraging in the error part of "trial and error".
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Jenett

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
    • Seeking: First steps on a path
  • Religion: Initiatory religious witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Ok. Before figuring out how to fix this, it's probably worth digging into some things. So I'm going to ask a bunch of questions. (You don't need to answer them here or in public, but they might trigger something in your memory that would help you.)

1) You said this started about a year ago. Was there anything that changed in your life around that time? Home life? Relationships? Job? Stress? Health issues?

2) Have there been times in the past year where it's been better or worse? What was going on for you at the time? Have you been tracking your experiences in a journal? Do you see any patterns? (for example, sometimes people see patterns related to everything from moon to weather to menstrual cycle to times they talk to someone they have a difficult relationship with.)

If you're not doing diligent tracking, now is a good time to start: a brief journal entry every day should be plenty (if you had any experiences with what you think is the entity, what else is going on in your life.)

3) What's the rest of your life like at the moment? One way that entities can sometimes latch on is if our lives are in disorder in some other way (basically, 'rough spots' in our lives are easier for people who want to feed on that chaos to attach to: the same thing goes for entities without bodies as people with bodies.)

One of the most basic protection and cleansing things you can do is to do what you can to make things right there. If your house is a mess, see about cleaning it. If you have a slow lingering unhappiness in a relationship or friendship, do what you can to sort that out (either make a clean break, or fix it. Often, even just making the attempt will help a lot.) Do your best to live a life of keeping your word, even in the small things (the tiny things!) - it will give your ability to enforce your will magically much more effective.

These things are not thrilling magic, but they're amazingly potent tools for changing something like this. (And even if it doesn't work, you have a cleaner house, happier relationships, and so on, which gives you more resources and support to deal with the magical difficulties.)

4) Once you've done all of that, a very thorough physical and magical cleansing of your space is a great start. I've got more about that on my website (see http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/ - the 'energetic cleansing' and 'home, sacred home' links are the most relevant, but if you don't have much experience with magical skills, the others may also be useful.)

I'd probably start by thoroughly cleaning your bedroom, anywhere you spend a lot of time, and anywhere you've had experiences with the entity, and then work out from there. The methods you use depend on your preferences, to some extent, but you want to both clean things out and then seal and create healthy boundaries.

(This includes saying "This is what is welcome and this isn't" and repeating that often. One thing that can happen in situations like this is people have some part of themselves that wants the situation to stop, but some part of themselves that keeps leaving an open door - some people have a part of themselves that likes feeling something unusual, some people are scared that if they shut down feeling this thing, they won't have other magical or mystical experiences, some people get some piece of emotion from the experience that's missing elsewhere in their lives.)

Our subconscious minds are complicated, but the more consistently and clearly you can say in every possible way "This thing, no more." the better your results will be.

In your place, I'd be doing something like a daily (or twice daily) centering, grounding and shielding routine, regular ritual baths (with salt or equivalent herbs), especially right after coming home from work or other setting where I'm interacting with lots of different people) and then doing a regular banishing/blessing/warding routine with at least my sleeping space. (At least weekly, and daily would not be too much for a while.)
Seek Knowledge, Find Wisdom: Research help on esoteric and eclectic topics (consulting and other services)

Seeking: first steps on a Pagan path (advice for seekers and people new to Paganism)

Aspiria

• Master Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: Jenett;147670
Ok. Before figuring out how to fix this, it's probably worth digging into some things. So I'm going to ask a bunch of questions. (You don't need to answer them here or in public, but they might trigger something in your memory that would help you.)

1) You said this started about a year ago. Was there anything that changed in your life around that time? Home life? Relationships? Job? Stress? Health issues?

2) Have there been times in the past year where it's been better or worse? What was going on for you at the time? Have you been tracking your experiences in a journal? Do you see any patterns? (for example, sometimes people see patterns related to everything from moon to weather to menstrual cycle to times they talk to someone they have a difficult relationship with.)

If you're not doing diligent tracking, now is a good time to start: a brief journal entry every day should be plenty (if you had any experiences with what you think is the entity, what else is going on in your life.)

3) What's the rest of your life like at the moment? One way that entities can sometimes latch on is if our lives are in disorder in some other way (basically, 'rough spots' in our lives are easier for people who want to feed on that chaos to attach to: the same thing goes for entities without bodies as people with bodies.)

One of the most basic protection and cleansing things you can do is to do what you can to make things right there. If your house is a mess, see about cleaning it. If you have a slow lingering unhappiness in a relationship or friendship, do what you can to sort that out (either make a clean break, or fix it. Often, even just making the attempt will help a lot.) Do your best to live a life of keeping your word, even in the small things (the tiny things!) - it will give your ability to enforce your will magically much more effective.

These things are not thrilling magic, but they're amazingly potent tools for changing something like this. (And even if it doesn't work, you have a cleaner house, happier relationships, and so on, which gives you more resources and support to deal with the magical difficulties.)

4) Once you've done all of that, a very thorough physical and magical cleansing of your space is a great start. I've got more about that on my website (see http://gleewood.org/seeking/practices/ - the 'energetic cleansing' and 'home, sacred home' links are the most relevant, but if you don't have much experience with magical skills, the others may also be useful.)

I'd probably start by thoroughly cleaning your bedroom, anywhere you spend a lot of time, and anywhere you've had experiences with the entity, and then work out from there. The methods you use depend on your preferences, to some extent, but you want to both clean things out and then seal and create healthy boundaries.

(This includes saying "This is what is welcome and this isn't" and repeating that often. One thing that can happen in situations like this is people have some part of themselves that wants the situation to stop, but some part of themselves that keeps leaving an open door - some people have a part of themselves that likes feeling something unusual, some people are scared that if they shut down feeling this thing, they won't have other magical or mystical experiences, some people get some piece of emotion from the experience that's missing elsewhere in their lives.)

Our subconscious minds are complicated, but the more consistently and clearly you can say in every possible way "This thing, no more." the better your results will be.

In your place, I'd be doing something like a daily (or twice daily) centering, grounding and shielding routine, regular ritual baths (with salt or equivalent herbs), especially right after coming home from work or other setting where I'm interacting with lots of different people) and then doing a regular banishing/blessing/warding routine with at least my sleeping space. (At least weekly, and daily would not be too much for a while.)

I think your information will help me also with my situation.

Tags: