"Christ Is King" by Altair
[Today at 01:09:34 am]

Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Author Topic: [ADMIN] Important: Forum address change  (Read 4061 times)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
[ADMIN] Important: Forum address change
« on: May 06, 2014, 04:06:25 pm »
The forum has changed from www.ecauldron.com/forum to ecauldron.com/forum (and all www.ecauldron.com addresses are being redirected to ecauldron.com automatically) to make the forum's Wordpress CMS main site work. This will mean the old www.ecauldron.com cookies will not work correctly meaning you need to log out of TC, close your browser and log back in (you will need to actually remember your password to do so) to reset things. if you do not do so, parts of the board (like replies) probably will not work for you.

Added 7 May: Tapatalk users will need to delete their saved account for the forum and relog in to get tapatalk to work again.

If you have any problems after doing the above, please post here and I will try to reply within 24 hours. Note: i will be annoyed if you report problems before following the instructions above as you will be wasting staff time.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:33:42 am by RandallS »
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
Re: [ADMIN] Important: Forum address change
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:56:27 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;146939

Randall, does the address change affect Tapatalk at all? A couple of us in chat noticed just now that Tapatalk is no longer working. We're trying varying ways of "resetting" Tapatalk (like deleting the address or removing it from being 'saved' on our Tapatalk homescreen) but it's still bouncing back connecting errors. Mine just simply says that it "failed to connect to server". I'm using an Android device.

Aspiria reports this error message: "Error domain=tapatalk code=2203 the operation couldn't be completed" and while she can get through to a thread list page, she cannot click through to see posts. She is using an iOS device.
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." - Sarah Williams
On the Rivers

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:58:50 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;146965
Randall, does the address change affect Tapatalk at all?

I have no idea and due to various emergencies here, I may not be able to check for a while (perhaps this weekend or even next week). Things are going wrong here faster than Lyric and I can keep up. Nothing major but they all eat up time we do not have with the remodeling to start next Monday. :(
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs

stephyjh

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;146939
The forum has changed from http://www.ecauldron.com/forum to ecauldron.com/forum (and all http://www.ecauldron.com addresses are being redirected to ecauldron.com automatically) to make the forum's Wordpress CMS main site work. This will mean the old http://www.ecauldron.com cookies will not work correctly meaning you need to log out of TC, close your browser and log back in (you will need to actually remember your password to do so) to reset things. if you do not do so, parts of the board (like replies) probably will not work for you.

If you have any problems after doing the above, please post here and I will try to reply within 24 hours. Note: i will be annoyed if you report problems before following the instructions above as you will be wasting staff time.

Just adding that in addition to logging out, closing the app, and logging back in, I attempted to access another forum through Tapatalk, and it's working fine, which means that the issue is not likely to be Tapatalk itself. (I'm on Android 4.2 if that helps.)
A heretic blast has been blown in the west,
That what is no sense must be nonsense.

-Robert Burns

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 11:15:47 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;146966

/nods

That's completely understandable, Randall. We just thought it would be useful to let you know, just so you weren't wondering down the line why something wasn't working with the software, and this seems to be the most likely culprit (like Stephy said, other forums seem to be working ok)?

I hope things ease up on your end soon. :(
On the Rivers

Aster Breo

• Senior Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 01:16:54 am »
Quote from: stephyjh;146967
Just adding that in addition to logging out, closing the app, and logging back in, I attempted to access another forum through Tapatalk, and it's working fine, which means that the issue is not likely to be Tapatalk itself. (I'm on Android 4.2 if that helps.)

I am also unable to access TC via tapatalk, after trying everything I can think of to trouble shoot.

That said, I completely agree that your family is far more important than my tapatalk, Randall.  So please don't construe this post as pressure to fix the problem.  I'm only adding data, in case it's helpful.
"The status is not quo."  ~ Dr. Horrible

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 04:01:40 am »
Quote from: Aster Breo;146973
I am also unable to access TC via tapatalk, after trying everything I can think of to trouble shoot.

That said, I completely agree that your family is far more important than my tapatalk, Randall.  So please don't construe this post as pressure to fix the problem.  I'm only adding data, in case it's helpful.

For completeness of information: it's working fine on my iPhone.

--Chabas

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 04:23:26 am »
Quote from: Chabas;146979
For completeness of information: it's working fine on my iPhone.

--Chabas

Same here - it's working on my iPod touch, but not my Android phone. Which suggests that the problem is to do with the Android app specifically.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Aranel

• Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 05:21:16 am »
Quote from: Naomi J;146980
Same here - it's working on my iPod touch, but not my Android phone. Which suggests that the problem is to do with the Android app specifically.

It's working fine on tapatalk on my Blackberry. Although last night it wasn't working but that's usual for the BB tapatalk app (which is completely rubbish but uses less battery than accessing TC on my phone browser) but it's working fine this morning.

HeartShadow

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flamekeeping.org
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 07:25:38 am »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;146965
Randall, does the address change affect Tapatalk at all? A couple of us in chat noticed just now that Tapatalk is no longer working. We're trying varying ways of "resetting" Tapatalk (like deleting the address or removing it from being 'saved' on our Tapatalk homescreen) but it's still bouncing back connecting errors. Mine just simply says that it "failed to connect to server". I'm using an Android device.

Aspiria reports this error message: "Error domain=tapatalk code=2203 the operation couldn't be completed" and while she can get through to a thread list page, she cannot click through to see posts. She is using an iOS device.

I just deleted my saved account on tapatalk and restarted.  Now it's working fine

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 07:34:15 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;146984
I just deleted my saved account on tapatalk and restarted.  Now it's working fine

I suspect you would need to log out and log back in on Tapatalk just like with a browser as the forum address and therefore the cookies associated with the forum have changed. Deleting the saved account probably does that.
Randall

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 08:32:44 am »
Quote from: HeartShadow;146984

I just confirmed that this fixes the problem on my tablet (which I could not get to until Lyric got up) and added this info to the first post in the thread.
Randall

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic/contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a Mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 12:38:38 pm »
Quote from: RandallS;146990
I just confirmed that this fixes the problem on my tablet (which I could not get to until Lyric got up) and added this info to the first post in the thread.

How odd - that was the first thing I tried yesterday, but it didn't work, but it works now. Ah well. Thanks for the tip!
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Nyktipolos

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 02:03:20 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;146980

Aspiria's issue was while on an iOS phone, so I don't think it was specifically Android?

I did not create a Tapatalk account (I only logged in after finding the Cauldron through the app) so I will have to see if I need to uninstall Tapatalk and re-install for it to refresh everything.
On the Rivers

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »
Quote from: Nyktipolos;147009
I did not create a Tapatalk account (I only logged in after finding the Cauldron through the app) so I will have to see if I need to uninstall Tapatalk and re-install for it to refresh everything.

I don't have a tapatalk account either. On my Android 4.2 tablet, all I had to do was delete the stored TC saved entry, find TC again through the app and log in (to TC, not to tapatalk) for it to work again.
Randall

Tags: