Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Altair
[April 09, 2024, 09:29:08 am]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Jenett
[April 08, 2024, 09:09:39 pm]

Re: Eclipse Time, Everyone Panic! by Sefiru
[April 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm]

Re: Supermarket Witches by SirPalomides
[April 08, 2024, 09:49:17 am]

Author Topic: trying to work a spell  (Read 1993 times)

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
trying to work a spell
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:04:27 pm »
i been tryin to cast a spell to erase memories BUT i cant figure out how to tell if it works! i cant cast it on myself cuz if i try thinkin about what i forgot then i end up reminding myself. and if i cast it on someone else i cant tell if they forgot it unless i ask them. and then i end up reminding them too! i bet i could work out some mission impossible plan. like i ask someone to do somethin for me and cast the spell on them. then if they forget i can figure it worked. BUT that sounds all tricky. so i figure i'd post it here in case anyone wants to try! HERE IT GOES:

tools:
a small rope
a bowl for burning
a flame
a blue candle

concentrate on the memory you want to erase. imagine the rope being the persons mind and hold it in your hand. say this while tying a knot in it:

To the threads of this twine,
I sew within the seeded mind.
Bound around,
Memory found.
Flame to knot,
Now forgot.

concentrate on the memory and channel energy into the rope/knot and all that jazz.

light the candle and say:

Fires of Infliction, and calming blue of the mind, I now burn this string of thought, and banish the memory from this plane.

set the rope on fire startin from the knot and drop it in the bowl. let the candle burn out

(i been using blue birthday/hanukkah candles cuz they burn out faster and its less of a waste of a candle)

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
Re: trying to work a spell
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:53:10 am »
Quote from: Olie;146608
i been tryin to cast a spell to erase memories BUT i cant figure out how to tell if it works! i cant cast it on myself cuz if i try thinkin about what i forgot then i end up reminding myself. and if i cast it on someone else i cant tell if they forgot it unless i ask them. and then i end up reminding them too! i bet i could work out some mission impossible plan. like i ask someone to do somethin for me and cast the spell on them. then if they forget i can figure it worked. BUT that sounds all tricky. so i figure i'd post it here in case anyone wants to try! HERE IT GOES:

tools:
a small rope
a bowl for burning
a flame
a blue candle

concentrate on the memory you want to erase. imagine the rope being the persons mind and hold it in your hand. say this while tying a knot in it:

Bound around,
Memory found.
Flame to knot,
Now forgot.

concentrate on the memory and channel energy into the rope/knot and all that jazz.

Fires of Infliction, and calming blue of the mind, I now burn this string of thought, and banish the memory from this plane.

set the rope on fire startin from the knot and drop it in the bowl. let the candle burn out

(i been using blue birthday/hanukkah candles cuz they burn out faster and its less of a waste of a candle)

Uhm. Is this for like, easing trauma or something...?

Whether it is or not, I don't think this one's got a big chance at success. I mean, essentially it's aiming for a sort of brainwashing, and that's an undertaking that's going to take some long term concentrated effort. Or massive head injury.

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:07:47 pm »
Quote from: Mama Fortuna;146618
Uhm. Is this for like, easing trauma or something...?

Whether it is or not, I don't think this one's got a big chance at success. I mean, essentially it's aiming for a sort of brainwashing, and that's an undertaking that's going to take some long term concentrated effort. Or massive head injury.

haha really i been using it actually so i can watch my favorite tv shows and movies again like its the first time i watched them. or if i do somethin stupid and embaressing and wanna forget it. i kinda figured i wouldnt be able to wipe the brain clean but kinda just make the memory hazy

baduhmtisss

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Undefined
  • Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 01:47:21 pm »
Quote from: Olie;146622
haha really i been using it actually so i can watch my favorite tv shows and movies again like its the first time i watched them. or if i do somethin stupid and embaressing and wanna forget it. i kinda figured i wouldnt be able to wipe the brain clean but kinda just make the memory hazy

If you ask me, I don't think this will even work. You can forget subjects like this on your own.

I'm finding it a little.. odd, that you'd want to erase things like your favorite TV shows, and small embarrassing things. It makes me pretty concerned that this could be an attempt to erase something from another person's mind. Which is morally... unsound, depending on your view of morals.

and if i cast it on someone else i cant tell if they forgot it unless i ask them. and then i end up reminding them too! i bet i could work out some mission impossible plan. like i ask someone to do somethin for me and cast the spell on them.

^This concerns me. Casting a memory erasing spell on another person? IF it even worked, that could really mess with somebody's head.
Undefined religion | Parrot Mom | Disaster Reservist

Emma Eldritch

• Staff
    • View Profile
    • https://rocknrollwitch.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 10:01:14 pm »
Quote from: Olie;146622

Nothing's ever like the first time.

If you have an anxiety issue that causes you to obsess over past mistakes, you'd be better off with some therapy techniques supplemented by magic designed to help treat the root issue rather than just erase the memories themselves.

Sophia C

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • http://leithincluan.wordpress.com/
  • Religion: Druid, Celtic & contemplative Christian, Gaelic-ish polytheist, on a mystic path
  • Preferred Pronouns: They/them
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 04:05:23 am »

tools:
a small rope
a bowl for burning
a flame
a blue candle

Bound around,
Memory found.
Flame to knot,
Now forgot.

Personally I can understand the need to forget things,  or at least to make memories less intrusive and vivid. Have you ever looked into NLP (neuro-linguistic programming)? It has techniques specifically for this purpose, which I've found very useful in the past. I can certainly see the point of combining those with magic (as I often do with NLP stuff)  to reduce the power of certain memories. It might be worth looking into that for a spell.
"We're all stories, in the end. Make it a good one, eh?"
- Doctor Who

Olie

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 04:37:03 pm »
Quote from: Naomi J;146684
Personally I can understand the need to forget things,  or at least to make memories less intrusive and vivid. Have you ever looked into NLP (neuro-linguistic programming)? It has techniques specifically for this purpose, which I've found very useful in the past. I can certainly see the point of combining those with magic (as I often do with NLP stuff)  to reduce the power of certain memories. It might be worth looking into that for a spell.

that sounds pretty cool. i didnt even know NLP was a thing. i could totally try that!
but part of this is that i just like doing magic. so i mostly went from wantin to do a memory spell to finding reasons to use it. and the only reasons i have uses for it are the tv/little embaressing things. i dont really have a evil plan or huge trauma drama
also im makin sure to use it on little or recent things first to make sure it doesnt make a big domino problem in case i ever decide to use it on somethin big. but yup i get what yall are talkin about with morality and junk. the only reason i brought up using it on someone else is cuz i have a friend who asked me to try it on her. but i didnt. mostly cuz i wouldnt be able to tell if it worked
thanks for all yur help everyone!
im still gunna try workin out the kinks of it tho

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »
Quote from: Olie;146726
part of this is that i just like doing magic. so i mostly went from wantin to do a memory spell to finding reasons to use it. and the only reasons i have uses for it are the tv/little embaressing things. i dont really have a evil plan or huge trauma drama

also im makin sure to use it on little or recent things first to make sure it doesnt make a big domino problem in case i ever decide to use it on somethin big. but yup i get what yall are talkin about with morality and junk. the only reason i brought up using it on someone else is cuz i have a friend who asked me to try it on her. but i didnt. mostly cuz i wouldnt be able to tell if it worked

thanks for all yur help everyone!

im still gunna try workin out the kinks of it tho

I did more of a prayer-spell once, to remove memories that were traumatic just so I could function.

What happened instead, was that I (and the deity) clouded (not removed) traumatic memories and gave me brain fog bad enough that I had extreme difficulty consolidating new memories.

I thought I'd been specific, but then again the mind isn't like a computer program with all these 1's and 0's, at least mine isn't--it flows into other stuff.

Be careful. (Of course, it could just be that the conscious desire was incidental to a natural progress of trauma-and-coping, but yeah...)
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Tags: