Re: "Christ Is King" by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 10:30:17 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 08:31:19 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Darkhawk
[Yesterday at 07:54:40 pm]

Re: "Christ Is King" by Sefiru
[Yesterday at 07:44:49 pm]

Author Topic: Other: women can't win when it comes to dating  (Read 10153 times)

Melamphoros

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: women can't win when it comes to dating
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46:09 pm »
Quote from: Larix;165265

A Reminder:

Larix,

I have reduced the size of the font in the above post.  The text didn't need to be that big, please stick to the default size in the future.

--Melamphoros, TC Board Staff

Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you will make a great sandwich.
My Spiritual Blog

SunflowerP

• Host
  • Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
    • View Profile
    • If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough
  • Religion: Eclectic religious Witchcraft
  • Preferred Pronouns: sie/hir/hirs/hirself
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2014, 10:12:06 pm »
Quote from: Larix;165265
OK, OK, i give in. ;)

I surrender ....

"Yes, yes, ALL men are pigs!"

Are you content now? ;)

I'm failing to see where Cuthwin was arguing this. Can you point me to where it was that he was making a case for male piggishness?

Sunflower
I'm the AntiFa genderqueer commie eclectic wiccan Mod your alt-right bros warned you about.
I do so have a life; I just live part of it online!
“Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” - Oscar Wilde
"Nobody's good at anything until they practice." - Brina (Yewberry)
My much-neglected blog "If You Ain't Makin' Waves, You Ain't Kickin' Hard Enough"

Larix

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 01:57:19 am »
Quote from: SunflowerP;165288
I'm failing to see where Cuthwin was arguing this. Can you point me to where it was that he was making a case for male piggishness?

Sunflower

I have another question:

Why does the forum offer differetn sizes of letters, if one is not allowed to use them?

Then better not offer those sizes, if one gets a warning when one uses them.

Larix

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 02:05:59 am »
Quote from: Faemon;165268
I'm curious why you felt the need to update a thread that had been inactive for six months?

Because I was interested.

Does that answer your question?

--------------------------

I am a bit tired of getting all kinds of warnings  and being told what to do and not to do.

I do not see where I insulted anyone.

I thought pagans had a more liberal mind than  telling people how big their letters should be and that they should not revive any threads if they are SIX MONTHS old!

I think this is a FORUM!

And not a chat  where you answer NOW or NEVER!

Maybe the users here are more used to chatting?

Well, I am not!

Faemon

• Grand Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2014, 02:53:08 am »
Quote from: Larix;165295
I thought pagans had a more liberal mind than  telling people how big their letters should be and that they should not revive any threads if they are SIX MONTHS old!

I think this is a FORUM! And not a chat  where you answer NOW or NEVER! Maybe the users here are more used to chatting? Well, I am not!

1. I didn't tell you what you should and should not do. I'm not a moderator.
2. Melamphoros is a moderator.
3. We can type anything that we want to in these text boxes, but if I made a new thread every fifteen seconds with no content but the words "spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam" then it's something I can do but obviously should not do.
4. My point #3 was obviously over the line, but the forum rules draw the line at large font and, particularly for me, my compulsive editing of posts after more than two minutes (even though the forum allows you to edit posts until 10 minutes after it's posted.) Still, I made the adjustment instead of accusing other people of not having a liberal enough mind to allow for edits after two minutes.
5. I don't chat.
6. This is a forum, and if this were a general thread about philosophy then I'd understand an update. But this was about PrincessKLS's personal insecurities. Is the original poster still here to read new contributions to an old personal issue? Because that is a consideration that I personally expect people to take. That's why I wrote that I was curious.
7. See my point #1. Point #6 was a personal expectation, not an imperative.
8. The users here are used to thinking, and learning things beyond paganism (but applies to paganism as it applies to everything in life) such as: systemic misandry doesn't exist.

If you're interested in insisting upon the reality of misandry, arguing against forum moderators, and reading content and tone-of-voice into other people's posts where there is no such content or tone then I can see why you would get tired.

If you have personal issues with gender or having your freedom curtailed in your own life, then I would recommend you speak of that honestly instead of projecting onto others. (Which is what I think you're doing, projecting onto others, but I don't know.) At the very least, every online community has their own "culture" and you've experienced enough to consider how well or how not-well The Cauldron culture suits you. I don't chat.
The Codex of Poesy: wishcraft, faelatry, alchemy, and other slight misspellings.
the Otherfaith: Chromatic Genderbending Faery Monarchs of Technology. DeviantArt

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2014, 03:32:23 am »
Quote from: Larix;165294
I have another question:

Why does the forum offer differetn sizes of letters, if one is not allowed to use them?

Then better not offer those sizes, if one gets a warning when one uses them.

Mostly because the software doesn't allow us to turn it off. If you have other questions about TC rules or moderator decisions, please either take it up with staff in private if you want to discuss a particular situation, or start a separate thread in the board questions folder for general questions, so we can avoid derailing threads with rules discussions.

--Chabas
TC Staff

Jack

• Adept Member
    • View Profile
    • Skyhold
  • Religion: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Preferred Pronouns: they/he
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2014, 03:42:11 am »
I thought pagans had a more liberal mind than  telling people how big their letters should be

I was unaware that there's a typography of liberalism. Is it more liberal and pagan to go with serif or sans-serif? My guess would be that serif is BTW and ceremonial magic and sans-serif is more eclectic/neo. Or should liberal pagans be more open minded to typefaces, welcoming all comers, from Wingdings to Comic Sans into our public ceremonies?

If text size matters, do colors? (Are we back to pigments of our imagination?) What about the blink tag?! Is the blink tag the internet typography equivalent to the BURNING TIEMS!! or would that be sparkle text?
Hail Mara, Lady of Good Things!
"The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly." -Madeleine L'Engle

Chabas

• Sr. Master Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2014, 04:05:46 am »
Quote from: Faemon;165296

[mod=Cool Down, Please]Faemon and Larinx,

upon rereading this exchange after breakfast and chai: I strongly suggest you both back away from this conversation now before we start handing out formal warnings for playing mod and arguing mod calls respectively. If the discussion annoys you that much, there really is no reason why you can't just walk away, if you feel rules are being broken, please report it to staff so we can handle it, and if you feel you've been unfairly moderated, please contact staff privately to discuss - though I'll point out that there hasn't been a formal warning here so far.

--Chabas
TC Staff
[/mod]

Larix

• Journeyman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2014, 04:20:04 am »
Quote from: Chabas;165297
Mostly because the software doesn't allow us to turn it off. If you have other questions about TC rules or moderator decisions, please either take it up with staff in private if you want to discuss a particular situation, or start a separate thread in the board questions folder for general questions, so we can avoid derailing threads with rules discussions.

--Chabas
TC Staff

OK - I can understand that. :)

RandallS

• Site Admin
    • View Profile
  • Religion: Hellenic Pagan
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2014, 08:36:03 am »
I am a bit tired of getting all kinds of warnings  and being told what to do and not to do.

I do not see where I insulted anyone.

I think this is a FORUM!

And not a chat  where you answer NOW or NEVER!

Maybe the users here are more used to chatting?

Well, I am not!

[mod=HOST HAT ON]When you created your account on The Cauldron, you agree to read our Forum Rules before making your first post and you agreed to follow them. If you do not like The Cauldron's rules, you are free to find a forum elsewhere on the Internet whose rules you prefer to ours. If you instead decide to ignore the board rules and board culture, you really should not be surprised when you get called on your behavior. The board's rules are not going to change because you disagree with them. Nor is the board's culture likely to suddenly change given that TC has been around since late 1997.[/mod]
Randall
RetroRoleplaying [Blog]: Microlite74/75/78/81, BX Advanced, and Other Old School Tabletop RPGs
Microlite20: Lots of Rules Lite Tabletop RPGs -- Many Free

Elding

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 03:26:29 pm »
Quote from: PrincessKLS;146562
Why is it, that if a woman is single and not going out or making "extra efforts" to meet a person (typically a guy since this double standard seems to apply to straight women) then they "must not really want it" or if they do make extra efforts and/or are forward with their dating advances they are called desperate, or even slutty? I mean even in the world of online dating, things haven't changed much in this perspective. So are we supposed to just sit around and wait for him? Or...wait that's not correct either (sarcasm)....

In my life, I've gone through so much "shaming" of what has come natural to me that it seems like I personally never win. Maybe perhaps some of you know the feeling. What's up with all these weird double standards, women have?

Someone once told me that most people are like garbage trucks. They go through life and keep the garbage that other people throw at them - the insults, the insecurities, the fears. And when their truck becomes too full, they'll throw around that same old garbage, plus a little extra of their own. And many end up with double standards because they've picked up their garbage from several different places, or the garbage they're hauling around simply doesn't fit with who they are and what they truly WANT to believe.

Women (and people in general) "win" when they're not acting like garbage trucks anymore. You win by not playing their game - you win by playing your own! :D Heck, you even get to set the rules...
Out in the woods, and I\'m not alone, but the sun\'s quickly going down!
There! In the trees! Something stalking me! Stop walking around!
\'K, just be cool, don\'t be such a fool! There is nothing at all to fear...
... other than the trees and the night and a beam of light, and the breathing in my ear...
[/I]

Tags: