Re: Cill Shift Schedule by SunflowerP
[Yesterday at 11:04:57 pm]

Re: Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 11:21:37 pm]

Re: Spring Has Sprung! 2024 Edition by SunflowerP
[March 21, 2024, 10:24:10 pm]

Stellar Bling: The Good, the Bad, the OMG! by Altair
[March 21, 2024, 02:52:34 pm]

Author Topic: Any one have any experience with Khnum?  (Read 3928 times)

elly-cat

• Jr. Newbie
    • View Profile
Any one have any experience with Khnum?
« on: April 25, 2014, 09:05:43 am »
I'm really new to Kemetism, ( and new to here, hi :) )I've been interested for a while, but I've only really looked into it for the past few days.

Quite a while ago, I dreamt of elephantine/abu trio of  Khnum ,(most importantly) along with Satet/satis and Anuket, and I really researched them after my dream, but then I really didn't take it any further, but I am now, though there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on them.

Does anyone have any experience with them? What should I say, or offer? I was thinking some clay for Khnum, Water  for Satet/satis and fish for Anuket/anukis. I know some people think that fish was taboo, but during my dream I dreamt she was linked with fish...

and I can't seem to find a statue of  Satet or Anuket, would using symbols be okay? antelope for satet and a fish for anuket?

I hope this makes sense!

SatAset

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Fiercely Bright One
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox
  • Preferred Pronouns: She, Her
Re: Any one have any experience with Khnum?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 02:17:12 pm »
Quote from: elly-cat;146183

Does anyone have any experience with them? What should I say, or offer? I was thinking some clay for Khnum, Water  for Satet/satis and fish for Anuket/anukis. I know some people think that fish was taboo, but during my dream I dreamt she was linked with fish...

and I can't seem to find a statue of  Satet or Anuket, would using symbols be okay? antelope for satet and a fish for anuket?

You can commission an artist to make you statues of Anuket or Satet.  Look on Etsy for some artisans.  

Here is a great article on Khnum and Nit at the Temple of Esna.  There are some a Feast days listed and something about a ritual for Khnum done by women involving a Potter's Wheel and songs.  Here is the article link:  https://escholarship.org/uc/item/6k78t4w9#page-3

Water would seem like a great offering for all three of them.
I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --SatAset

SatAset

• Master Member
    • View Profile
    • Fiercely Bright One
  • Religion: Kemetic Orthodox
  • Preferred Pronouns: She, Her
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:20:22 am »
Quote from: SatAset;146241
You can commission an artist to make you statues of Anuket or Satet.  Look on Etsy for some artisans.  

Here is a great article on Khnum and Nit at the Temple of Esna.  There are some a Feast days listed and something about a ritual for Khnum done by women involving a Potter's Wheel and songs.  Here is the article link:  https://escholarship.org/uc/item/6k78t4w9#page-3

I found some more stuff.

This book is great for Khnum as it has hymns for Him, the festival calendar for Esna and iirc, a ritual for Him in it. The book is in French.

Sauneron, Serge. Esna V: Les fetes religieuses d'esna aux derniers siecles du paganisme. Institut français d’archéologie orientale, 2004.

There is the latest installment from the Temple of Elephantine that just got published:  Hikade, Thomas.  Elephantine Xxxv: The Lithic Industries on Elephantine Island During the 3rd Millennium Bc (Archaologische Veroffentlichungen Des Deutschen Archaologischen Instituts).  Otto Harrassowitz, 2014.

There are groups of Egyptian god statues available from Amazon.  Among them are Satet and Khnum (spelled Khnoum).
Egyptian Deities Statues
I am the Goddess of Who I can Become. I mix the magic of the sorceress with the blade of a warrior. I walk the liminal pathways to see the face of the Goddess, both terrible and kind. As She stares back at me, I tremble in awe and ecstasy.  --SatAset

Setnakht

• Sr. Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 03:56:26 pm »
Quote from: elly-cat;146183
I'm really new to Kemetism, ( and new to here,

and I can't seem to find a statue of  Satet or Anuket, would using symbols be okay?

In ancient times the temples had both statues of the gods as well as wall reliefs (paintings). These reliefs, just like the statues, received the 'Opening of the Mouth' ritual so that the god would take up residence in the reliefs as well as in the statues.
I would think that it would be fine to print out a photo from the internet and use that as the focus of your prayers & offerings. Praying in your own words is a good way to begin forming a relationship with the god. You could offer cool water, bread, fruit, and any healthy natural foods. After the foods remain by your image, they revert to you for you to consume. I hope this is helpful.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:54:36 pm by SunflowerP »

Tags: